How long did it take?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long did it take?

Hey everyone

I turned in all my paperwork for a tattoo waiver last thursday morning and my recruiter still hasnt heard anything. I want to get it done asap so I can swear in and sign that contract...jobs are disappearing fast. Especially infantry.

My question is: How long did it take you to get a waiver? (from the time you turned it in)

Thanks

The Marine Corps has been here for 233 years. It isn't going anywhere, so there is no need to rush.

One thing you have to learn about the Marine Corps is to hurry up and wait. They may rush you into getting things done, but that doesn't mean they're going to be quick about doing their part of it.

Just out of curiosity, how extensive is your tattoos?
    Is it a lot or just specific ones that are banned?

Full sleeves?
    Just curious.

LOL, E-4-B, I just noticed we both served in Hell's waiting room aka MCAS Yuma.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I know you want to get this done know and just go to MCRD (I do too), but after this goes through and your recruiter reserves an 0300 spot for you, you will be waiting a LONG time to ship.
    It may be different in California (doubt it though), but if you want infantry in the district I'm in and you DEP in today, the soonest you could ship is September. That is unless your recruiter can find a spot earlier.

The waiting has just started!

I know what you guys are saying about being patient, but spots are disappearing quickly. They are trying to save a spot for me but who knows how long that will last.

I have 1 tattoo that needs a waiver. It is a family crest on my right arm that reaches down to my elbow. It doesnt wrap around but since it breaks the shirt line I need a waiver.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    The Marine Corps has been here for 233 years. It isn't going anywhere, so there is no need to rush.

One thing you have to learn about the Marine Corps is to hurry up and wait. They may rush you into getting things done, but that doesn't mean they're going to be quick about doing their part of it.

Spoken like a true veteran of the game!

Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's gonna take EXACTLY 2 months, 18 days, 12 hours and 11 minutes.

Credits
    Savings
    ....and the hits just KEEP ON COMING!

I had a waiver sent on Wednesday. The recruiters expected it back on Friday, but they called yesterday and said anytime now.

Bottomline, it probably won't take longer than a week so be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post

Im starting to learn "hurry up and wait" is the name of the game. I went to the recruiters yesterday to take more pictures lol...so lets add another week onto the wait time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    And 8 seconds.

Damn Matt, I hope it doesn't take too long , I was already a Cpl. with two deployments when I was 22!!

A friend of mine has been waiting 2 months for his waiver and still nothing. Hope you have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    oohrah ordnance

Quote Originally Posted by P00LEE View Post
    A friend of mine has been waiting 2 months for his waiver and still nothing. Hope you have better luck.
    me too lol

Thread Information