How does Sea Cadets transfer over to USMC?
Create Post

Question How does Sea Cadets transfer over to USMC?

Just had a question...
    I'm a PO2 (Petty Officer Second Class) in the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps, and I should be getting promoted to PO1 in a few weeks. I was just wondering if I would get a higher rank upon completion of boot camp?
    Any help is appreciated.

You're already an E-5 and almost an E-6, if I'd be you I'd stick with it. And you won't be anything higher than E-2 in Marine boot.

Is that like Navy JROTC? If you complete two years of JROTC, you will be a contract Pfc. Rank in school programs will not transfer in the actual Marine Corps. Time spent in the program may help you towards obtaining the rank of Pfc upon graduating boot camp, but there is nothing you can do to exceed Pfc upon graduation (unless you are the honor grad of your platoon in boot camp). Hopefully this answers your question.

Thanks for your answers. My dad made it to Chief in the Sea Cadets and he told me that the greatest thing that cadets did for him was to teach him Honor, Courage, and Commitment.
    Also, I should be a POOLEE by this Wednesday. I can't wait to join all of you as a United States Marine

Sea Cadets is kind of like JROTC, except that it's endorsed by the NAVY and Navy League. When people ask us what we are, we always say
    "We're like the Young Marines, except for the NAVY"

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    You're already an E-5 and almost an E-6, if I'd be you I'd stick with it. And you won't be anything higher than E-2 in Marine boot.
    He isn't E-anything. He's like E-.1. Hes in the Sea Cadets, not the damn Navy.

They're still getting paid.

wtf, are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by cwoodward View Post
    Just had a question...
    I'm a PO2 (Petty Officer Second Class) in the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps, and I should be getting promoted to PO1 in a few weeks. I was just wondering if I would get a higher rank upon completion of boot camp?
    Any help is appreciated.
    I just googled Sea Cadets, out of curiosity. I found your answer in less than 2 minutes on Wikipedia. You should search before posting questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Although under no obligation, a sizeable percentage of cadets go on into the military. Members may receive an advanced paygrade of E-3 if they join the Navy or Coast Guard, and E-2 in the Marine Corps or any other service, due to the training they receive which is almost identical to the real Navy (like the correspondence course "Basic Military Requirements", which is exactly the same for the USNSCC and the Navy)
    Didn't see anything in there about the 11-17 year olds getting paid, but maybe Donut Brigade knows something the rest of us don't.

Credits
    Savings
    Keep it up and you can come out of boot as a Gunny. Mind the paperwork...

Just kidding. Hope it all works out for ya. Just take the fundamentals you've learned and try to apply it to the Corps. Should work out ok.

I confused sea cadets with the Naval Academy. I know for sure those mofos gets paid E-5 during those 4 years. So nevermind.

Care to try again? All of this information is readily available throughout the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.usna.edu/geninfo.htm
    Midshipmen pay is $764 monthly, from which laundry, barber, cobbler, activities fees, yearbook and other service charges are deducted. Actual cash pay is $75 to $100 per month your first year, increasing each year to $400 per month in your fourth year.

Credits
    Savings
    Like the Marine said- that's what most E-5s make after beer money!

Thread Information