Can I be a Scout Sniper with a 3 year old DUI?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Can I be a Scout Sniper with a 3 year old DUI?

Probably a dumb*** question from a wannabe... I'm signing up this month. I want nothing more in life than to be a scout sniper. I have a few dings on my record from a wild youth. Petty theft in 04 (shoes) and a DUI in 06. I have been sober since and miraculously I stopped making dumb decisions. Also very active in the church and offering counselling to recovering addicts. What chance do I have of getting the required secret clearance? And would the Corps consider gracing me with an oppertunity for scout sniper given my past? any information would be helpful, and I appreciate the real warriors who take the time to help out youngsters like me.

Also I realize that a marine fresh out of boot stands zero chance of going to sniper school. I am looking forward to spending a year or two in infantry learning how to be more useful to the corps, and training as a PIG. Thanks again Marines!

Probaby depends if you can get a security clearance or not. Just graduate bootcamp, don't get murdered by your NCO's when your a boot , dont get killed on your first deployment and then you can worry about it.

Credits
    Savings
    damn skippy. Besides, I always heard marines aren't allowed to die without permission. Much appreciated on the help.

lol..kill.

Kevin,first worry about graduating Bootcamp and earning the title.I am glad to hear that you have straightened up.Good luck!

Credits
    Savings
    once again thank you so much. can't say it enough. marines are the best, and i look forward to earning the right to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin0823 View Post
    damn skippy. Besides, I always heard marines aren't allowed to die without permission. Much appreciated on the help.
    Did you hear that Marines is always capitalized too?

Credits
    Savings
    Ignorant mistake on my part... dropping and giving twenty now.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin0823 View Post
    Ignorant mistake on my part... dropping and giving twenty now.
    Did you say four counts? I thought I distinctly heard four counts. Good luck earning the title. Stay motivated.

Credits
    Savings
    4 counts all the way! Plus I'm writing Marines on the chalkboard 1000 times.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Stay involved in your community activities. TOS investigators would most likely be talking to them in the future.

community service is always a positive... is that what you meant yellowwing?????

if you get 500 hours in before you enlist, that will go a long way.
    I heard somewhere that 400 takes like 8 months to get..... you can do it in one.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    community service is always a positive... is that what you meant yellowwing?????

if you get 500 hours in before you enlist, that will go a long way.
    I heard somewhere that 400 takes like 8 months to get..... you can do it in one.
    Kevin's orignal post mentions "I have been sober since and miraculously I stopped making dumb decisions. Also very active in the church and offering counselling to recovering addicts."

sooooo that counselling is logged? if not they won't be able to track it very easily.

but good on him, that's great news.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the great info! The hours are not logged, but easily veriffiable because they were worked on a regular schedule under the supervision of a Navy vet. I'm somewhere around 700 hours so I'm much more comfortable now. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an automatic disqualification. Much appreciation for helping a newbie!

Thread Information