Muscle Loss in Bootcamp?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Muscle Loss in Bootcamp?

Hello, quick question. With the constant PT in boot camp, is there overall muscle gain or loss? Without the right supplements and all the PT it seems to me that there would be a lot of muscle loss. I went a couple of weeks without lifting and I came back really weak imagine 3 months. But I'm not sure so that's what I'm asking

Thanks!

You hit it right on the top of the head ...........the skinny guys come back skinner the medium guys come back skinny and the fat bodys come back toned/muscular

Quote Originally Posted by introspect View Post
    Hello, quick question. With the constant PT in boot camp, is there overall muscle gain or loss? Without the right supplements and all the PT it seems to me that there would be a lot of muscle loss. I went a couple of weeks without lifting and I came back really weak imagine 3 months. But I'm not sure so that's what I'm asking

Thanks!
    We are going to go back in time for a bit , ok ...... Its the late 1800's bodybuilding is in its infancy . No by no means are these strong men "ripped and swollen " like their modern day brethren . But what supplements did they have to take ? None ! They were not afforded such luxuries as Creatine and the like . But long story short , I had a bean pole of a friend that went last year to PI , he came back 15 lbs heavier . Bodyweight exercises are awesome for building and maintaining your muscle density . I'm sure your Drill Instructors and body will agree !

The food you get at the Depots is not protein rich, and is not given in huge servings. My guess is you'll lose muscle.

I went to bootcamp with a fare amount of muscle. I used to lift all the time, after graduation I was a pole with pretty much all my muscle gained from lifting gone. The good news is you can get it back really quick.

I went pretty chunky and came back toned. I ate a crapload of cotage cheese every meal, and it seemed to work for me

had a muscular guy in my platoon who lost 25 lbs in boot camp... then started working out again afterwards and put it all back on.

boot camp is about getting into basic PT standards... with the CFT coming into play I wonder if it's going to be integrated into boot camp or not anytime soon (it takes an enormous amount of time to change any kind of school plan in the military)

skinny kids put on weight, medium build muscle, fat bodies loses some weight and build muscle, muscular guys loose muscle.

you'll be anywhere from 5-25lbs from your max weight (not ship weight, marine corps weight)

just have your supplements supply waiting for you when you get home on boot leave... take it with you when you goto your permanent duty station...

I put on about 20 pounds during boot camp...mostly muscle. Then again I was a double ration recruit so I was piling all the food I could into my mouth and then turning that into muscle.

Hopefully I get double-rations! I'm 6'ish and 143 lbs. Would like to gain some lean muscle mass.

http://www.marineband.usmc.mil/caree..._standards.htm

go here and find out for yourself....

height is in inches... 6' is 72 inches... 5' is 60

Thanks for all your replies. At least I know that if I do lose most of my muscle, I'll put it right back on after. Hopefully MOS school provides time to work out!

Thanks for all your replies. At least I know that if I do lose most of my muscle, I'll put it right back on after. Hopefully MOS school provides time to work out!
    Your MOS school will be on a base so you can pretty much be certain that there will be a gym.

You're avionics, you'll be stuck in Pensacola for at least 6 months. And that's just your A school. You'll have plenty of time to get ripped again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    You're avionics, you'll be stuck in Pensacola for at least 6 months. And that's just your A school. You'll have plenty of time to get ripped again.
    Lol, thanks I heard it was like 9 months or something

Lol, thanks I heard it was like 9 months or something
    Depends on what kind of aircraft you'll get. Once you graduate MCT you'll go to NAS Pensacola, the coolest East coast MOS school. You'll do 2 weeks of indoc (receiving, don't worry, it's WAY more chill than what comes to your mind, lol), and then you'll do Barracks support for about a month (cleaning, dealing with A-hole privates who think they run the freaking place), and then you'll start your class.

Before you pick your strand (I, O, or AE), you'll have to do 2 weeks of AWAT ("this tool here is called a screwdriver..."), 6 weeks of ATT ("2 + 2 = 4"), and THEN you'll strand up. O strand removes and replaces parts of an aircraft, I level fixes parts that O takes out, and AE deals with all electrical wiring in the aircraft.

thought you'd like to know. **** it, I'm bored.

Thread Information