Mos 2111
Create Post

Thread: Mos 2111

Mos 2111

I am looking into being a small arms repairer/technician and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is like. What kind of weapons do you service regularly. Thanks guys.

When I was active duty, we mostly worked on M6A1's and A2's, .45 cal. and 9mm pistols. ALL crew served weapons as well as all the supporting equipment or SL-3 gear. Mostly all together depending on what kind of unit you get assigned to, you'll be working on most of the firearms and weapons the Marine Corps has, about 45 of them altogether. Working with publictions, equipment repair orders and the Marine Corps Integrated Maintenence Management System, (MIMMS for short), But we never had computers either so I know ALOT has changed. But, thats pretty much the jist of it. Basically a glorified gunsmith. It was pretty cool.

jim,, is that jim i know? i went to school in Maryland on 1985... i was pvt "KIM"

jim,, is that jim i know? i went to school in Maryland on 1985... i was pvt "KIM"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    When I was active duty, we mostly worked on M6A1's and A2's, .45 cal. and 9mm pistols. ALL crew served weapons as well as all the supporting equipment or SL-3 gear. Mostly all together depending on what kind of unit you get assigned to, you'll be working on most of the firearms and weapons the Marine Corps has, about 45 of them altogether. Working with publictions, equipment repair orders and the Marine Corps Integrated Maintenence Management System, (MIMMS for short), But we never had computers either so I know ALOT has changed. But, thats pretty much the jist of it. Basically a glorified gunsmith. It was pretty cool.

Thread Information