When I'm finally a marine
Closed Thread

When I'm finally a marine

I'm not going home after basic, I've decided to stay with cousin in NC. (Former marine who loved the area) So I want to bring some of my civilian cloths. Not a lot, just three or our pairs. Will I be able to get them back after basic? Then the same after MCT? Also, I do get the nights and weekends off during my MOS right?

I AM focused on becoming a marine before anything else, but i have no questions about that. I want to be prepared for when I get into that world. I know don't have to spend all my time in camouflage or on base right?

Just bring the clothes on your back, you can buy more clothes when you leave the depot.

As for MCT and MOS school, you're thinking to far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by biesseb View Post
    Just bring the clothes on your back, you can buy more clothes when you leave the depot.

As for MCT and MOS school, you're thinking to far ahead.
    I'm not snapping back but I don't want to buy new cloths, I have other things I'm going to spend my money on. I'm talking about a small book bag with fou pairs of jeans, and tee shirts. is this possible?

Hey, you don't want to draw extra attention to yourself when you arrive on the Island. I would mail your stuff to your cousin before you leave.

For crying out loud, they issue you a debit card in bootcamp. There will no doubt be an Exchange on base that sells "guess what" clothes! If there aren't any on base I'm sure you can find a Walmart somewhere that sells them cheap. Go ahead and bring other pairs of clothes if you want to make an a$$ of your self.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Read the poolee rules and the sticky posts, like ALWAYS CAPITALIZING MARINE, and it not 'basic' like they say in the army. All this is covered, pay attention to the discussion Things To BringTo Boot Camp.

I get it. Any clothes I "get" after boot camp I will be able to bring through MCT?

I really don't have any questions about boot camp itself. I'm going to put my feet on the yellow foot prints, sound off as loud as i can when I'm told to sound off, and do what I'm told as fast and as best as I can when I'm told to do it.

What do the crossed rifles under your stripes mean? Expert rifleman? What kind of awards/medals are there for being a good shot?

Check that. I get it.

What do the crossed rifles under your stripes mean? Expert rifleman?
    Sorry can't resist, they are landing gear for the bi-plane

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Step away from the crack pipe. The army infantry has been wearing crossed rifles since God was a kid for their infantry. About 60 years ago the Marines added crossed rifles to our chevrons to indicate that every Marine is a rifleman. Diamonds and stars are for the ladies... guns and bombs are for the men.

Don't hurt me 1st Sgt ... I'll just start painting rocks now.

Rule number one of boot camp. Read the manual and PAY ATTENTION!!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Just read everything in the Poolee Hall and you may become an authority on Boot Camp.

Thread Information