Recon
Create Post

Thread: Recon

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Recon

I have read (from this site and others like this) that if you contract with 0300 and Recon indoc and you fail the indoc, then your contract is void and you are placed where the Corps needs you. Which most likely will not be infantry since it's back up till God knows when.
    I've also read L/Cpl Accord's experience and he contracted Infantry with the indoc and didn't pass it because he sprained his ankle during the run. He was still in a 0300 MOS though.
    I just want to get the truth about this in one place because I've heard it so many different ways before. Was L/Cpl Accord's case just a special one and that he was placed in an Infantry MOS or is that how it works most of the time.

Just for the record, NO I REPEAT, NO I DO NOT want to be Ricky Recon/Scout Sniper/SEAL/Delta/Rambo/Spetsnaz/French Foreign Legionnaire/Hero of the World. I was asking because if I would contract this way, I would be able to ship earlier..........as in 8 months earlier than with my current infantry contract.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by BackhausD View Post
    I DO NOT want to be Ricky Recon/Scout Sniper/SEAL/Delta/Rambo/Spetsnaz/French Foreign Legionnaire/Hero of the World.

Hah way to clear the air.

My recruiter told me that you would keep the 03 MOS. I was curious on this same question, even though I am a 02xx contract i was curious and that is what he told me.

Accord didn't enlist under the recon contract. He was an 03xx. He just went to ITB during the time that SOI-East was still conducting recon tryouts. As far as if you do get the UZ recon contract, failing any required portion of training you will still be an 03. Marines correct me if I'm mistaken.

If you are a contract 03 and get knocked out of the Recon indoc, then you will continue with the 03 training.
    Most go on to be 0311's.

You sign the contract to be the 03. All the little Ricky Recon contract does is promise you a shot at the indoc, which they'll give you anyway. If you don't make it through the indoc, they'll send you where they need you within the 03 field. The only way you'll end up somewhere other than the 03 world is if you somehow end up not making it through SOI (likely due to injury or something of that sort).

Thread Information