Back surgery !
Create Post

Thread: Back surgery !

Registered User Free Member Sniperone's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Back surgery !

I haven't been online for quite a while.... I ruptured a disc in my lower back, second time in two years. Last one was L-4 , this time it was L-5. Had surgery on June 13th and things went well, this is the first day since April that I've been able to sit at the putor for more than a minute.
    Now the hard part begins, no bending, twisting, lifting, driving etc. etc. for one month. Then about two months of physical therapy and hopefully back to work in Sept. All I can say is "TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK" !!!

Glad to be "Mobile" again!

Wink

Glad to hear that all went well. I had C-4 and C-5 fused about a year ago for the same problem. You are right, quite a "pain in the neck". I don't know what kind of brace they are making you ware, but I know that the neck brace I had to ware 24-7 for two weeks more than once mysteriously ended up across the room in the middle of the night. Take care and get yourself back on your feet asap.

"Semper Fi Mac"

Registered User Free Member Devil0321/8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Good to have you back. You've been missed. I am currently out of work on Workers Comp due to a Back Injury. The MRI Shows herniated disc between L-5 and Sacrum. Man does this Suck!! They are trying everything before Surgery I just had a Triple Hernia repair done in March.

Anyway glad to hear you're OK.

Sniperone

Glad to hear that you are doing well......

I do understand back problems....Trying to get up in the morning...is an experience itself.....Don't wear a brace anymore.....
    but I have the T6 and T7 fused together.....I little more and I wouldn't be walking today......

Sempers,

Roger

Roger that on the pain. Fractured L1 with bone fragments floating around and have all discs from L1 to S1 herniated. Navy Captain, Neruosurgeon, at NNMC Bethesda had been contemplating surgery but my remark that, "I was trained to shoot people that come at me with sharp, pointed objects!", put a halt to that plan. Navy Doctors don't seem to appreciate Marine Corps humor. You never know how much you use your spine in the prone position absorbing recoil until it is injured.

Sniperone,

Glad to see you back Brother!!! I was sorry to read about your pains, but glad you are on the mend. Hang in there, and don't push yourself untill your sure everything is good to go.

Semper Fi,
    Bill

Sniper, I'm glad yer back online. We need yer input, Marine!

Take it ****in' easy and no snoopin' and poopin' til the docs turn ya loose, alright!

Semper Fidelis,

Bones

Thumbs up Sniperone

Glad surgury went well... Relax and don't pick up anything...
    I'm glad u r back in action....
    Semper Fi and God Bless ya
    Heather

Sniperone i feel for ya my self haveing c3 c4 c5 c6 in my neck re worked i am glad your surgery went well cause i need a Alpha Stim inplanted in my neck just for me to feel better. hope you get better Sniperone and dont let it get you down

Semper Fi

Registered User Free Member ironhorse7007's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sniper One,

Lima Charley on the L4 &L5 back pain. Had both fused together back on June 22, 1999. Took me three months to get back in shape in order to go back to work. Been good to go since then. Now I'm recuperating from spinal surgery. Had bone removed from the C3, C4 & C5 vertebra to allow my spinal cord to expand away from the bone spurs, in order for me to function normally. Should be off light duty by end of July. Talk about a pain in the NECK!! Anyway glad to see your up and about, just keep those eyes sharp.

Semper Fi,
    Ironhorse

Registered User Free Member Sniperone's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks alot for all the uplifting thoughts!!!! I'm healing pretty fast now, had to see the "Doc" today...said I still can't drive for 3 more weeks...and that goes for my atv also !!! HA! HA!
    Thanks again everyone. I still can't sit at the putor too long yet, but I will stop by now and then.

In 3 weeks.....

Thread Information