Bootcamp M16A4
Create Post

Thread: Bootcamp M16A4

Bootcamp M16A4

As far as boot camp is concerned, does the prac test still revolve around the M16A2 or the M16A4?

I'm curious as to what study material I should be reading. I have an original recruit hand book from 2004 and was wondering if the material in it would still be relevant for 2009.

You will use the M16A2 in bootcamp.

I would recommed not studying anything about shooting before hand. I was always told and saw first hand that the recruits who have not fired very often or at all (as was my case) become the best shooters in bootcamp most of the time. This is because the ones that shoot a lot before bootcamp develop bad habits regarding how they hold their rifles as well as developing preconceived notions about what they're doing correctly.

It's fine to study your manual regarding knowledge, rank structures and things like that but I would stay away from anything concerning shooting. Your PMI (Primary Marksmanship Instructor) will teach you everything you need to know and the best thing you can do is listen to him and do exactly what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    You will use the M16A2 in bootcamp.

I would recommed not studying anything about shooting before hand. I was always told and saw first hand that the recruits who have not fired very often or at all (as was my case) become the best shooters in bootcamp most of the time. This is because the ones that shoot a lot before bootcamp develop bad habits regarding how they hold their rifles as well as developing preconceived notions about what they're doing correctly.
    Could not agree with you more. I had never shot a rifle in my life before boot camp so I was worried about not qualifying. I listened to everything my PMI and my Coach had to say and ended up shooting Expert. We had guys that had shot their whole lives that shot Marksman or low Sharpshooter and they all blamed it on them having bad habits.

Thank you, I've been told not to practice shooting until I step onto the rifle field. The question was pertaining to the prac or written test towards the end of boot camp.

The only questions you'll get about the M16 on the prac app test at the end of boot will be like the max range, max effective range, LMGAS, and the types of rounds it fires

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie0417 View Post
    The only questions you'll get about the M16 on the prac app test at the end of boot will be like the max range, max effective range, LMGAS, and the types of rounds it fires

LMGAS?

Looks like you found a task, report back with the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by natedrake454 View Post
    LMGAS?
    Light weight, Magazine fed, gas operated, air cooled, shoulder fired weapon, capable of firing semi automatic and 3 round burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Psurichie View Post
    Light weight, Magazine fed, gas operated, air cooled, shoulder fired weapon, capable of firing semi automatic and 3 round burst.
    I guess you're "NateDrake" now, huh? Now go haze yourself.

Sorry I probably should have read your post first before i answered his question. NateDrake, You should also learn your weapon conditions and the weapon safety rules. If you don't its no big deal because you will repeat them about 100 times a day.

Freaking boots man...

lol....haze yourself. My favorite line.

Thread Information