If your wounded - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If your wounded

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Apparently not
    That would have to be a rare case, he would probably get booted out before retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I'm going to go throw up now.

Son, you haven't even DEPd in yet and you're worried about getting wounded????????????????
    He is prepared,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I'm going to go throw up now.

Son, you haven't even DEPd in yet and you're worried about getting wounded????????????????
    84 It is his parents that are bringing it up.

In the end you will do what YOU want to do or.... YOU will regret not doing what you could have done .

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    In 2003 there was a corporal who had both his hands blown off, when an RPG hit his saw during a firefight. He stayed in the fight and and continued to lead his team. Earned a Silver Star. This Marine was not discharged, and actually he became a MCMAP instructor at Quantico until HE chose to get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    At my last infantry unit (3/6), we had a Lt. that stepped on a mine in Afghanistan. He lost his leg just below the knee. This happened within the first 3 months we were in country. He rejoined the unit about 10 months later. He passed the PFT and deployed with us to Iraq. When it gets down to it, it's all about your attitude. He had a possitive attitude. Even if he was a sh!tbird. As a person I liked him. As a Lt. I thought he sucked. I figured out what buttons to push, pretty quickly, to get him fired up enough to kick ass when he needed to. He wanted to stay in the Marines more than getting out and being treated like a cripple.

Everyone deals with their injuries differently. He did a great job at dealing with his. Some just give up and expect others to show them pitty.
    This is what I wanted to hear, thank you. I thought someone would say all you get is a purple heart

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgame View Post
    I still cant father how everyone thinks once you join the Marine Corps you are going to die. If that was the case, there would be no Marine Corps. I can't remember how many people said something to that affect before I joined.

What makes you want to be a grunt? Think about that. Think about what other possabilitys there are as well. I chose not to go 03 because that doesn't help on an applications in cavilian life. Now when I go for a CDL job, and they ask me what experiance I have. Ill ask hom if he has ever seen an LVS work. If I could go back. I might consider something along the lines of crew chief or something to do with working on planes or helicopters. That would be a nice cushy cavilian job.

Just don't go thinking you want to be a grunt because you seen 300, and think you should die. If it where to happen, so be it. But don't go thinking that you gotta die.
    I have thought about being a crew chief, it has parallels to jobs in the civilian world. To be honest, if I wanted applications to civilian life I would work as a crew chief/mechanic or be an air traffic controller. But I want to jump out of helicopters, bust down doors and KILL. I guess you can say an adrenaline junkie... I plan be a grunt for a number of years and be an officer later(fly or be a leader of grunts) I plan to serve at least 20 years in the USMC, serve in the USMC as long as they will let me. I just do not want to be discharged if I get wounded. I would hate working next to a fat civilian slob telling me what to do.[happening right now =D] I want a boss that I can respect and have a brotherhood between the people I work with.

Thank you for all the responses Marines.

Some folks don't like to waste time so they just panic first and get it out of the way! Don't you guys remember "WHEN IN TROUBLE, WHEN IN DOUBT, RUN IN CIRCLES, SCREAM, AND SHOUT, F***IT, F***IT, F***IT

When in doubt empty the magazine.

Yes thats the well trained MARINE responce!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Straight from my DI,s mouth,Kill the little MotherF#&ker for his country,try not to die for yours

General Patton said it best, "You don't win a war by dying for your country but by making the other sons of a b1tches die for their's."

Thread Information