New Pull-up bar
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pull-up bar

Credits
    Savings

New Pull-up bar

Just went out and grabbed the iron gym pull-up bar. It works great. It does not mess up my door frame at all. If any poolies are looking for a at home pull-up bar and you dont want to build one I recommend this one.

Just about every room here at TBS (the basic school) has a Lieutenant with one of those. Good stuff, just be careful, if you get too out of hand you will end up on your azz.

Quote Originally Posted by kash View Post
    Just went out and grabbed the iron gym pull-up bar. It works great. It does not mess up my door frame at all. If any poolies are looking for a at home pull-up bar and you dont want to build one I recommend this one.
    Good stuff, thanks. I was going to get that exact one next time I make it out to Wal-Mart. Probably this week

I have the extreme iron gym which is the same thing with more places to hold on to. I love it and use it numerous times a day works well and does not fall off the door frame.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have the same one, works great, my only problem with it is that I wish it was slightly wider for hand forward pull ups but my door frame is narrow as it is so that doesn't matter anyways. The foam on part that leans against the frame ripped on mine as well but it still works. Definitely worth the money.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have the same one kash. I like it... only thing i dislike about it is its so close to the ground. You have to curl your legs. It works great though. I'd recommend it to any poolee.

The week after i got it my pull ups doubled.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNC View Post
    I have the same one kash. I like it... only thing i dislike about it is its so close to the ground. You have to curl your legs. It works great though. I'd recommend it to any poolee.

well I'm fvckin short sh!t and I like my buddy's just fine. this doesn't take the place of a proper workout but will really help you squeeze some extra reps into every day.

I love mine, beats the hell out of using the tree in the back yard!

Well no sh*t. I just bought one of those this week. Last one was screwed into the the actual door frame and it messed it all up. This is a nice pull up bar and doesn't mess up the door frame at all. Good stuff. Funny you mention it as soon as I got one.

I picked one up as well. Being 6'3'' I have to bring my legs up pretty far but other than that its a great piece of equipment. It's great for push ups as well, dips not so much, and a good stabilizer for crunches. I recommend it highly

Credits
    Savings
    Can you get your head completely over the bar? I have one that screws to the door frame and I cannot get my head directly over the bar for my flexed arm hang.

yes, as long as you have clearance from the top of your door frame to the ceiling.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Myriah View Post
    Can you get your head completely over the bar? I have one that screws to the door frame and I cannot get my head directly over the bar for my flexed arm hang.
    Yep.

Credits
    Savings
    thanks guys

Thread Information