Ship early to boot camp
Create Post

Ship early to boot camp

This is my first time posting on this thread, I have been on the other site forums, but this has a lot more users and post it seems. I read a couple forums posted today from guys who just got phone calls saying they could leave for boot camp ASAP. My boot camp ship date is April 13, but I am ready to go. Is there anyway I could get a faster boot camp date like fellow poolies have? My recruiters station does not have any openings till April so that is why I got April and not sooner, but I was just curious if there was anything to do so I could leave earlier. Any advice is appreciated.

Cody

I know you would like to know the answer but in order for you to get any peep out of us you need to complete your profile, than we can help you!

Sorry about that, I fixed it. Thanks

It may be hard if recruiters station does not have any openings until April but if you keep on asking him and explain from your heart that you would really like to ship now and ask him if threes any thing if he can do then you may get lucky.

Yeah, a lot of times you can get an earlier ship date if you talk to your recruiter. There may not be an earlier slot right now but there's always the possibility of another poolee having to push his ship date back opening one up for you. I'd tell your recruiter that you want to ship early and to let you know if he gets an open slot.

Okay guys, I will keep mentioning it to him to let him know that I am serious about this, I appreciate the responses.

No sweat if you can't get the early ship, it's always good to have a little more time to try to prepare. Either way, good luck when you get there and earn the title. It's good to see that you're looking forward and trying to push your ship date forward rather than dreading it, keep that motivation up in boot camp and you'll do fine. Rah

That is the way I am looking at it, more time to get in better physical shape, which I have been doing over the last month. I also want to have a lot of Marine Corps knowledge when I get there so I am working on learning everything I can. Thanks again.

Just study those General Orders and basic Marine Corps knowledge. We didn't get quizzed on our General Orders until a few weeks in but it definitely pays off to know them ahead of time. Brush up on your Marine Corps history, when you take the final prac app test towards the end of the cycle a lot of the questions are history questions. Know your rank structure, if you don't you'll learn it quick as you'll be spouting it off outside the chow hall before every meal.

Do Pull ups every day you will thank yourself.

Ok here are some questions that I would like cleared up about working out. Psurichie said do pull ups everyday, that is ok because I have a pull up bar in my house. I have searched and searched about different ways to work out and how often I should work out, right now I can do 9 pull ups, 70 situps. I leave for boot camp in April. I have only been working out about 1 month on pull ups and improved from 7-9 so far. I have heard a lot of people say you dont need to work out everyday your muscles need time to recover so work out every other day. But I have also read, you can do pull ups everyday, but dont max out and go to failure. They said since my max is 9 I should do 4 at a time and do that 5 times a day throughout the day. I think this is effective, but im not sure. So I have about 10 weeks to add 11 pull ups, 30 situps, and I have a workout for running that is working so what do you guys suggest for pullups, situps and also push ups. How often should I do them, everyday? Every other day? And anything else you guys want to add. I greatly appreciate it and I'll work as hard as needed.

In boot camp, you will do pull ups every single day...there are pull up bars outside the chow hall at San Diego and after every meal our Senior had us do a max set of pull ups. I went from 8 to 17 in one month.

ok, I appreciate the response, any other advice from any Marines? Greatly appreciated, I think I can get to 20 between now and April with the proper work outs

If you're not gettin a 300 by the time you get to boot camp don't sweat it. You won't do a full PFT until after a month there and during that first month you will definitely improve in strength and stamina. Your final PFT will be 2 weeks left in the cycle so there's a lot of time for improvement between now and the end of boot camp.

Thread Information