How do they decide
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

How do they decide

I read this site almost daily, don't post much just sit back and read the advice given, most of my questions I have ever had, I have seen on here answered either skimming through the posts or via the search box. But I was just now thinking, and for some reason my internet browser is messing up the search box or maybe I could find it here. But if your a contract 03xx and after boot camp at ITB, how do they decide from there what 03xx you will be? Do they just go down a list and throw people in lines or what?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I tried using the internet and couldnt find it, and my search box is just a red x right now. My thanks to any Marines out there that can help.

to get the real true story... you would have to ask someone in prosessing MCRD. We have jobs and heads to fill them. Basically your name is on a list in your field and as they are filling the list is where your name goes..

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for your response. So you would you say its completely random on what you get? Or is it like they ask who wants to be say 0331 and they all get in a line, and once they get enough, they tell the rest that wanted that one that they gotta decide another?

Thanks in advance.

At ITb you will fill out a wishlist of your top 3 choices. When i went through, to be a 51 you had take a math test, the 31's were generally the bigger dudes and im not sure how mortarmen were chosen haha.

Just because you want something, you may not get it, i know wannabe 11's who ended up in weapons and vice versa.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You fill out your DREAM sheet and they take them to admin to order processing and attach the list to a dart board...blindfold themself throw the dart....give you you last cigarette and your gone!

Needs of the Marine Corps....on how many MOS's need fulfilled....

Humpin' a mortar is like screwing....size don't matter.....but it helps!

nice para-phrase there PB

Clark41,

Read this thread. Its a great current account of what happens at SOI.

EDIT: Lol I forgot the link!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46028

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboom1371 View Post
    to get the real true story... you would have to ask someone in prosessing MCRD. We have jobs and heads to fill them. Basically your name is on a list in your field and as they are filling the list is where your name goes..

MCRD? Since when? We are all 0300 til a few weeks into ITB.

I think he's thinking about open contracts that still need MOSs... but the guys in my platoon all had MOSs.... so I'm only throwing out a line here.

Quote Originally Posted by WKranz View Post
    the 31's were generally the bigger dudes....
    There is a trend there, come to think of it

Thread Information