Got the most exciting and shocking phone call today...
Create Post

Got the most exciting and shocking phone call today...

My recruiter Sgt. Hannah and I were talking via phone today and he told me...

So I found an Intel job for you and as soon as some things go through we can have you in bootcamp for tomorrow...

I was expecting on leaving in about half a year!!!

I'm so determined to become a Marine and intel is a plus!

So I tell him if I see intel in my contract I'm good to go!

I'm so prepared yet so not ready!!!

I have lurked this site for a while and found it very useful, thank you everybody!

Good Luck Poolee,it Sounds Like Everything Has Come Together For You.now Go Earn Your Title!

Btw guys... I'm a Marine friend simply because I have not sworn in. But apparently later today I'm going to be a poolee for tomorrow's shipment!

Thank you for your words of encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by AbSofSteeL View Post
    Btw guys... I'm a Marine friend simply because I have not sworn in. But apparently later today I'm going to be a poolee for tomorrow's shipment!

Thank you for your words of encouragement!
    One thing you will learn is to not correct a SNCO.Good luck!!!!Get back to us once you have earned your title.We would love to hear from you.

Awesome news. Sounds like a dream for many, to get to the chance to earn the Title so quick. Most wait, as you said, half a year or more. Just give it everything you got and then some.

GET THAT TITLE!

Quote Originally Posted by AL49BGN View Post
    One thing you will learn is to not correct a SNCO.Good luck!!!!Get back to us once you have earned your title.We would love to hear from you.
    Sorry about that!!! I just thought people would see my status as Marine friend and piledrive me for not being poolee status!!! Its just my nerves are going out of control!!!

I will definitely make all of you proud!

Wow, that's a quick turn-around from poolee to recruit! Have fun!!!

So I found an Intel job for you and as soon as some things go through we can have you in bootcamp for tomorrow...

I have lurked this site for a while and found it very useful, thank you everybody!
    What's next, earn our title, Get Some?

SCRATCH THAT!!! I got pushed back to February 9th! DAMNIT!!!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Still better than half a year like it was supposed to be.

Wanna trade ship dates?!?!?!?

Just spend alot of time with friends and family.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Something somewhat similar happened today, I went to the office to PT and the recruiters including a Master Sergeant are like "Hey we tried to call you today, there was an opening to ship out like right now, but we couldn't get a hold of you so somebody else filled that spot" and I was like wow wtf since I'm supposed to leave on April 27th. Maybe they were just fvcking with me since I've been waiting to go into the Marines for quite a while (I was going to enlist in summer of 08 but broke my wrist by accident and had to wait a log time).

I'm shipping on the 9th as well, see you there.

wow, i wish I was as lucky as you

there's no intel spots open in my recruiting district, but my recruiter is doing his best to find it as well.

where are you located? (if u dont mind me asking)

and also... I might be leaving Feb. 9th too! PI or SD?

MCRDSD I didn't even check that, sorry.

Thread Information