Off to the recruiters
Create Post

Thumbs up Off to the recruiters

After work today Im heading down to talk to my recruiter, Sgt. Galento, to take the practice test and start talking about my future in the Corps

Way to go! Good luck!

A good move, oohrah.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Heigh ho
    Heigh ho

Heigh ho, heigh ho
    It's off to recruiters I go
    Heigh ho, heigh ho, heigh ho

Heigh ho, heigh ho
    Heigh ho, heigh ho

Heigh ho, heigh ho
    Heigh ho, heigh ho
    Heigh ho, heigh ho
    Heigh ho, hum

Heigh ho, heigh ho
    Heigh ho, heigh ho, heigh ho, heigh ho heigh ho, heigh ho, heigh ho

I want to become a Marine you know.....heigh ho

I have to take my ASVAB test...heigh ho

Then if I pass everything I can DEP and MEP.... heigh ho

One day I hope to go to a Marine Corps depot...heigh ho

And you never know I might just become a US Marine one day...

And that would be the way to go......

Heigh ho, heigh ho, heigh ho, heigh ho heigh ho, heigh ho, heigh ho

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Tell him I said hi
    I didnt get this till after I came back, but Im heading over there again on saturday. Who should I tell him says hi?

He was a cool guy btw. We just shot the sh*t for a little bit and I took the sample test. I wish it was the asvab tho cuz I only missed 4 lol

Talking Fun

Quote Originally Posted by mbrazil View Post
    I didnt get this till after I came back, but Im heading over there again on saturday. Who should I tell him says hi?

He was a cool guy btw. We just shot the sh*t for a little bit and I took the sample test. I wish it was the asvab tho cuz I only missed 4 lol
    That comment was just a little bit of fun man lol. I don't actually know him lol You can tell him I said hi, and Semper Fi though

I wonder what his face will look like when I tell him the Lance Corporal of the Marines says HI...

lol one way to find out!

Talking Funny

I wonder what his face will look like when I tell him the Lance Corporal of the Marines says HI...

lol one way to find out!
    That would be funny, you should say it just like that to

Now on monday Im off to MEPS to take the asvab and physical.
    Then swear in as 03xx

GOOD STUFF!
    I DID THE ASVAB AND MEPS THIS PREVIOUS MONDAY AND TUESDAY.
    MEPS REALLY BLOWS BUT IT ISNT TO BAD.

JUST WALK LIKE YOU ARE ON A FUGGIN MISSION AND SAY YES SIR AND YES MA'AM TO EVERYONE THERE AND YOU'L BE ALL GOOD.

I don't know about you, but MEPS sucked for me. I was there from 0430 till around 1630.

Oh, and always remember, "Bend over son, and spread 'em wide."

Have fun though, you'll be motivated. I could hardly stand still when I was sworn in.

I ACUALLY GOT IN AND OUT OF THERE FAIRLY QUIKLY.
    I MANAGED TO GET IN THE FIRST ROW OF THE BUS AT THE HOTEL SO I WAS AT THE HEAD OF THE PACK ALL DAY.

GOT THERE AT 0500 AND GOT OUT AT 1350

Now on monday Im off to MEPS to take the asvab and physical.
    Then swear in as 03xx
    I took my physical last week, two things that really sucked from my own experience I want to pass along in case anyone else encounters them. Hopefully this knowledge can help someone facing the same situation.

1) Lines were long, but the line to pee in a cup was the longest for me all day long. Do it first if your experience looks even remotely similar. For the rest of the tests they need to do, if you see a short line, get in it. Your MEPS may be different, but at LA MEPS you just needed to have completed all the tests in any order before you go to the duck walk room.

2) On three separate occasions, I was given paperwork bearing a name/SSN other than my own. Check all the paperwork you're given, while you're at the desk, and make sure it's yours. The MEPS staff go through a lot of applicants, it's very easy to accidentally scan the wrong barcode, and you'll be the one at the back of the line getting it fixed.

Just stay positive and motivated all day long and respect all the staff there, they'll appreciate the courtesy. On the other hand, if you're a jerk, they can give you a harder time than you can give them.

Thread Information