Idiot vs Air Force Fly-by
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idiot vs Air Force Fly-by

Even though this has nothing to do with the Marine Corps, it shows the common mentallity of our "fellow" citizens.

Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded bycivilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must
    Have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:

'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at
    precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the

Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?

Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at
    precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four- ship fly by of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadronat Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave ofCapt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland
    Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly by, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured..

A four-ship fly by is a display of
    respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Whom do we thank for the morning air
    show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus
    Christ and the American Soldier.
    One died for your soul, the other
    for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

When I was at El Toro and went to a air show the CG told everyone that complains about the noise and the Jets that they should thank God that they are our Jets flying over and not someones elses

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    When I was at El Toro and went to a air show the CG told everyone that complains about the noise and the Jets that they should thank God that they are our Jets flying over and not someones elses

AMEN!

Very good. We all have to remember that it takes all of the branches for our system to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    Very good. We all have to remember that it takes all of the branches for our system to work.

I know someone who needs that to hear that message

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    "OUTF*CKINGSTANDING!!..........OOOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAAA HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!....Doc Greek

That gets me all tingly with pride. And a big OOhh Rah to the Commander that wrote that response to the A-hole. I was stationed at MCAS Miramar and all of the idiots around there always complain about the noise but forget that the air base was there a whole lot longer than any of the houses around it now.

That was awsome. I bet they eat well that night a big plate of crow. Followed by that rare fungus amungus,, foot and mouth Disease Semper Fi Gunns

People are guilty of this everyday! Some write it, some say it, some think it, and its wrong either way!!!

AMEN! Job well done Commander. I salute you sir. OOOOHRAAAAH!

Living in Virginia Beach I hear of crap like this all the time. Some rich biotch will buy an expensive home in the flight path of the runway then complain about the jet noise. Some people are just plain STUPID.

That response was incredible! I think the sign at the gate of MCAS New River says it all..."Pardon our noise...It's the sound of freedom." It makes even this '11's chest swell with pride.

I remember growing up by an airport and everyday i could hear them and would go to watch them and wave at them. damn i miss those days

Great Post Gunny!!!!

Thread Information