Leaving on Feb 9th, Question on my current job.
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Leaving on Feb 9th, Question on my current job.

Hello i leave in a little more then 2 weeks (Feb. 9th) for Parris Island. I want my MOS to be 0861 or artillery observer, I believe right now I'm under the category of Combat Support, is this correct or should I be under artillery? My recruiter was recently promoted and moved jobs so I am a little unsure of who to get knowledge from. I really want this job and dont want to get stuck with something else, so can someone explain the proccess of how I would go about making sure i get this job? Thanks for your time.

Profile up, poolee. Also, clarify your post.

Are you enlisted as a reservist? Instead of job, use MOS so we don't go thinking you need advice on your current civilian job instead.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No i am not enlisting as a reservist, and yes you can replace where I said job with MOS.

We'll be on the island together, I hope you know some knowledge. As for my advice: Why not talk to the head recruiter at your RSS? That seems reasonable to me, mine is very knowledgeable!

You have to put in for 08xx and pray. 0861 slots are few compared to the other 08 MOSs. You also have to be eligible for a security clearance. Chances are you will not get this MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Chafetz View Post
    Hello i leave in a little more then 2 weeks (Feb. 9th) for Parris Island. I want my MOS to be 0861 or artillery observer, I believe right now I'm under the category of Combat Support, is this correct or should I be under artillery? My recruiter was recently promoted and moved jobs so I am a little unsure of who to get knowledge from. I really want this job and dont want to get stuck with something else, so can someone explain the proccess of how I would go about making sure i get this job? Thanks for your time.
    When I was in it was Combat Arms, so artillery, infantry and tanks was in this group.

Combat support is your best chance at getting artillery.

I was in your same position, I also leave Feb 9th but for mcrd sd. If you have combat support then you should get something in either 0800, 1800, or LAAD gunner. I wanted this option when I first enlisted back in July but my recruiters put me in B6 instead, and now CE is closed...oh well. Unless your a reservist though you cant pick the exact 0800 job you want.

Thread Information