Female Marine Recruits - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I got a Blood Stripe question for all you Motivators out there. We know that the blood stripe is awarded to NCOs for bravery at Chapultepec, but why are officers allowed to wear it? [Jeopardy music...]
    Damn Sgt, way to jack the thread! LOL....course I know the answer...but lets let one of the young n' thuggin kids take this one...

The reason only corporals and above are authorized to wear the stripe is because there was such a high percentage of NCOs and officers killed in the taking of the castle.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WrkInPrgres21 View Post
    How does one earn a bloodstripe my recruiter is very proud of his and I have no idea how he earned it or what it means
    I got a stupid question.....................have you asked your Recruiter any of this stuff? I can understand the gender specific stuff that you ask but, have you not asked your Recruiter how he got his blood stripe and what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I got a stupid question.....................have you asked your Recruiter any of this stuff? I can understand the gender specific stuff that you ask but, have you not asked your Recruiter how he got his blood stripe and what it means?
    It never ends 84,lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    The reason only corporals and above are authorized to wear the stripe is because there was such a high percentage of NCOs and officers killed in the taking of the castle.

All you get for dying is your name on a wall. It's about how you go out. The salient point here was energy, initiative and personal courage demonstrated at the lowest levels when the attack would otherwise have faltered. Small Unit Leadership generations before its time. In a time when the enlisted man need only be cannon fodder, these Marines carried the fight and handed the Army a nice victory. (The doggies were probably busy fighting the cadets....)

This thread went down fast! Just so you know, females do ***** a lot at each other, just wait until you go to MCT.

And you have way bigger things to worry about. Right now I'm dumfounded by how Marines here weren't slapped by their parents or something, so they think they have the right to DEBATE with a Staff Sergent!

"Hey, is it okay to put my microwave in my wall locker?"
    "...No."
    "Really? My roommate's class commander said-"
    "WTF DEVIL? I said no and that's the end of it!"

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    He really brushes me off doesn't like to answer questions just basically wants to know when I lose the 11lbs to sign and thats it.

He really brushes me off doesn't like to answer questions just basically wants to know when I lose the 11lbs to sign and thats it.
    He should be answering your questions that's his job, ask him who is CO is and that you want to talk to him that should be an indication to get him moving.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    He should be answering your questions that's his job, ask him who is CO is and that you want to talk to him that should be an indication to get him moving.
    Is it innappropriate to ask about sign on bonus's I'm not in it for the money but it would be nice.

You can't even make weight and you're trying to get PAID to join the Marine Corps?

Can you pass an IST at least?

Of course you can ask (ASK, not receive) about signing bonuses. You should work on getting your weight on-target though.

Matt you motivate me haha.

What happened to SureShot??? He run away scared? I just now started reading this thread and I was reading his posts...I got all excided and I was hoping that I didn't miss the battle but it looks like it ended before it really got going. Bummer.

I don't remember seeing anyone answering your questions regarding deployments yet...yes we're currently doing 7 month pumps to Iraq. However some units will do a 12 month tour, but you don't really need to worry about that to much. Most of the units that are doing 12 month tours are ETT's, MiTT's, BPT's, etc. <---I just kept this thread going for another day or so by adding that haha.

And if SureShot does come back...my question is that if he is capable of doing what anyone else can do...why isn't he a Marine???? I mean hell, come on here with your macho talk about how you like to fight...Well I'd just like to say that I'm glad that everything is working out for you.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider View Post
    Matt you motivate me haha.

What happened to SureShot??? He run away scared? I just now started reading this thread and I was reading his posts...I got all excided and I was hoping that I didn't miss the battle but it looks like it ended before it really got going. Bummer.

I don't remember seeing anyone answering your questions regarding deployments yet...yes we're currently doing 7 month pumps to Iraq. However some units will do a 12 month tour, but you don't really need to worry about that to much. Most of the units that are doing 12 month tours are ETT's, MiTT's, BPT's, etc. <---I just kept this thread going for another day or so by adding that haha.

And if SureShot does come back...my question is that if he is capable of doing what anyone else can do...why isn't he a Marine???? I mean hell, come on here with your macho talk about how you like to fight...Well I'd just like to say that I'm glad that everything is working out for you.
    Thank you I was waiting on that I didn't want to sound inpatient and ask again.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    You can't even make weight and you're trying to get PAID to join the Marine Corps?

Can you pass an IST at least?
    Yes I can pass the IST, that's not an issue I didn't know til last thursday that I wasn't at the weight requirement that's why I can't make weight yet, I'll meet that in no time.

Is it innappropriate to ask about sign on bonus's I'm not in it for the money but it would be nice.
    I guess that would be up to you.

Thread Information