Female Marine Recruits - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Amazing, no questions like, "How can I get faster/stronger?" no "Where can I get knowledge for boot camp?" no "I'm ready to do whatever it takes" just a bunch of can I shave my legs, I hate panty hose, can I wear high thighs? and are female Marines nasty...

What an outstanding thread.

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing hope in the poolees. Maybe I'm becoming an irritable salt dog like some of the other Marines on here. Maybe Iraq is getting to me. Maybe the lack of showers and shaving with ice water has gotten to me. I don't know what it is but if these are the crop of people that are joining the ranks of my Corps that are eventually going to replace me in a combat zone, just don't even bother.

I'll stay here and carry on the fight with my LCpls and PFCs that actually want to do **** beneficial for their country, that worry about whether or not their M2 is timed correctly and their NVGs have fresh batteries. Not the ones that worry about high thighs and panty hose and ****.
    I'll start with... im still a civy, dumb questions are part of my nature... im sure my drill instructor will fix that real quick... in the meantime:

I have asked those questions and thousands more from my recruiter as well as expressed to him and the others at the office as well as showed my initial dedication to the corps. They even invited me to be a guest poolee before signing so i can take advantage of the training and be prepared for the journey to come. I asked the dumb questions on here cause thats what they are dumb minute details that dont really matter whether or not i get an answer but really the only place where i can ask due to the major lack of female marines in my area.

and in response the specific "how can i get stronger/faster" my recruiter wasnt much help with that he just said run, do crunches, and pullups and ull be fine.... not much help if you could shed some light on that itd be greatly appreciated cause anyone can do that to become strong... but what does it take to become marine strong

sorry that my first thread was "flighty" it never meant to offend due to its lack of importantance i didnt get to read through all the stickys so i didnt want to ask what i feel is common questions that im sure ur all sick of answering when i could just read prior ones... i appreciate the fact that marines take the time out to give advise cause ill take all that i can get

Credits
    Savings
    Originally Posted by SureShot12
    In boot, you will be with recruits from around the Country, all with their own views and opinions on things.

With such a melting-pot of people, you're bound to dis-agree on things. There will be fights, so what.

I think that any good leader should be able to adapt and adjust in these situations and refrain from coming to blows(find another solution by being able to read the signs of whats really happening). However, if you swing on me, you brought whats coming on yourself.

I got in a 3 fights while at boot. 1 in recieving and 1 in MRP(the other we wont get into).

The recieving fight- I was backing up a single recruit that was catching crap from a small group. That "group" threw the first punch. I stepped in and helped him out

The MRP fight- Another recruit pushed me, I warned him. he pushed me again, I dropped him(man did I pay for that, phew).

Your ability to deal with/handle differences as well as being humble and expressing humility(basically keeping your mouth shut) will also determine what happens.

I wouldnt dwell on it. Your platoon will grow as TDs pass. I'm still friends with Marines I went to boot with, today. I met some of the most honorable men I have ever met, while I was in boot. Most butt-beatings dont happen to "no apparent reason".

Um, I'm not sure about shaving your legs, I sure hope they let you but you'd better practice doing it QUICKLY.

Dont over-think this. Its training. Many have gone through it before you and many will go through it after you. Just go there and take care of yourself and help who you can.

Not that I plan on fighting or anything, but what are the punishments for getting in physical altercations in boot?
    Depends on the severity, I would assume. SDI told me that he could have the MPs come lock us up for fighting if he wanted(kind of a threat).

We were in MRP, so we couldnt really get 1/4decked, but we got a little physical punishment. The squad bay would never be as shinny as it was after we got done.

You've gotta pick your battles. Differences will always be there and there will always be a tough guy proclaiming his toughness to everyone. You've gotta be able to look past/through that and just take care of you. Coming to blows should be a worst(last) case decision when you feel youre threatened with bodily harm.

The circumstances surrounding the punch I threw were more in-depth then just a push and a punch, it had been going on longer then that. I wont go into it.

I'm by no means a "tough guy", but I wont let anyone walk all over me. I'm pretty confident that most misunderstandments can be remidied by other means, over fighting.

Every friend of mine that went to boot saw fights. Some understandable, others not.

I wouldnt recommend throwing punches because someone "disrespected" you.

If you dont bring it on yourself, then a fight should be easily avoided.

That's why he went to boot and came back a "Marine friend" and not a "Marine".

Don't be stupid.
    Um, no its not.

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot12 View Post
    There is NOTHING that ANY human-being has EVER done that I cannot do...

Can you pass a 10lb baby through your uterus? I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by WrkInPrgres21 View Post
    i know in other branches during basic theres a lot of animosity(sp?) with the women in the barracks... Ive heard personal testimonies from other military branches of how the women are nasty to eachother and get in fights at night when no ones around... I hope thats not true of the marines with all i hear about the brotherhood and the bond between the men and women is that its strong and they always look out for eachother i hope that holds true as far as not having to worry that the woman next to me in basic will want to beat my butt for no apparent reason cause they have some kind of complex instead of working towards completing basic together as a team... any thoughts comments personal experiences??

on a side not... men get to shave their beards... do women get to do their legs... prob a dumb question (although we are required to bring pantyhose... can we actually have thigh highs i hate pantyhose) but my recruiter is a guy and admits to not knowing the details of what goes on with female details of the women marine recruites.... anyone with help on that would be greatly appreciated... im enlisting on 24feb2009 then doing delayed entry for roughly 3 months based off the date i get from meps when i go

O and final thought here recruiter said our tours are for 7 months and sometimes less depending on need unlike the army which is 18 months is that true or a line of crap... ive had part in dealing with recruiters with my fiance' he's in the army reserves and did not have a good experience at all...
    Marines is to be capitaized at all times, in our beloved Marine Corps it's boot camp, leave the basic training to the army trash.

Quote Originally Posted by samfreed7 View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm losing hope in the poolees. Maybe I'm becoming an irritable salt dog like some of the other Marines on here. Maybe Iraq is getting to me. Maybe the lack of showers and shaving with ice water has gotten to me. I don't know what it is but if these are the crop of people that are joining the ranks of my Corps that are eventually going to replace me in a combat zone, just don't even bother.

^^^ On that note of losing hope in poolees. It varies with person to person.. Just I dont judge Marines as a whole just because I have a bad experiance with one. Reading this, the first thought in my mind was wow, the girl had a question and she was looking for an answer. It wasnt like she was had posted a reply on someothere thread asking about a female question. There are plenty of other threads concerning run times and staying motivated..
    The corporal's post was another cry against the injustice of being alive during the ME generation. If you read the original posters questions then you'll know that she's asking about Marine Corps policy and using "other branches" as the yard stick.

She also "knows" that sort of trash happens in the other branches. The original poster can be excused if she's been dealing with hearsay and such; that explains her misconceptions about our beloved Marine Corps.

What climbs right up my ass is the level of nastiness shown by some of the poolees on this thread. Some of these responses are downright disrespectful and lack any military bearing that they should have started picking up in the DEP.

Also, poolees who have been to boot and are posting about trash that should be kept in-house is just stupid. Show some tact and leave most of the mystique of Boot at Boot. Boot is for those who qualify to step on the yellow footprints and Boot Camp experiences doled out by Marines is shared at their discretion.

There were a few fights in my platoon. All the stress and frustation result in arguments which can lead to a fist fight among the recruits. I remember at least two fight which happened in boot, but there were other minor ones which happened on occassion as well (such as a recruit slamming another recruit up against the wall). It is not very common though, but it does happen. We were only allowed to shave our legs twice during boot, but most of the recruits only got to shave once because the platoon messed up the second time and shaving time was cancelled.

In the fleet, female Marines rarely fight each other. Most get along pretty well.

Haha, they get along real well Sgt...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Marines is to be capitaized at all times, in our beloved Marine Corps it's boot camp, leave the basic training to the army trash.
    Thanks see these things id like to know to avoid **** when i get there

Don't worry, you won't be writing much at boot unless you're taking notes or you're the scribe. You will write recruit way more than you will ever write Marine. At boot you don't even really rate to say the word Marine...

Credits
    Savings
    Are the boot camps shown on military channel even accurate or do they only show the nice fluffy stuff to peak interest, I assume that its more difficult and involves a lot more yelling than what they portray, but I have no idea thats why im asking. Is there anywhere to find videos on female Marine boot camp so I can see how that is I know what it sounds like for the male Drill Instructors to yell cause they show that all the time but I've yet to see any female Marine Drill Instructors.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok. I'm not trying to knock you guys because I was kind of the same way, but you all worry to much about "preparing" yourselves. Just go and do your best. Do you think any of these Marines could YouTube a bootcamp video in 1953? And I'll bet it was a different ballgame then. Just relax and prepare yourself for whatever comes your way...

Credits
    Savings
    I just ask to get the semantics out of the way so while im in training I can focus on the important things and not have the little nagging questions in the back of my mind. I just want to get the most of the training I'll be fortunate to receive while I'm there this summer

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WrkInPrgres21 View Post
    I just ask to get the semantics out of the way so while im in training I can focus on the important things and not have the little nagging questions in the back of my mind. I just want to get the most of the training I'll be fortunate to receive while I'm there this summer
    semantics
    the study of the meaning of words.
    2. the study of linguistic development by examining and classifying changes in meaning. Also called semasiology, sematology, semology. — semanticist, n. — semantic, adj.

What do semantics have to do with this? I am not trying to give you a hard time (seriously) because it is a normal desire to know everything in advance. We clung desperately to our contraband Training Matrix.. as if by reading it we would do better. All I'm saying is hearing a female DI screaming will not make you a better recruit. Good luck with it, though, ok?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    semantics
    1. the study of the meaning of words.
    2. the study of linguistic development by examining and classifying changes in meaning. Also called semasiology, sematology, semology. — semanticist, n. — semantic, adj.

What do semantics have to do with this? I am not trying to give you a hard time (seriously) because it is a normal desire to know everything in advance. We clung desperately to our contraband Training Matrix.. as if by reading it we would do better. All I'm saying is hearing a female DI screaming will not make you a better recruit. Good luck with it, though, ok?
    semantics (used mainly in reference to the previous post where I was told that it's boot camp, not basic for the Marines). What's a Training Matrix, and yes I am newer than new to the military and I expect to get crap for it. I know hearing a female Drill Instructor scream won't make me a better recruit, I'm just too curious for my own good, but my Drill Instructor will fix that I'm sure lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Yup.

Thread Information