Female Marine Recruits
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Female Marine Recruits

i know in other branches during basic theres a lot of animosity(sp?) with the women in the barracks... Ive heard personal testimonies from other military branches of how the women are nasty to eachother and get in fights at night when no ones around... I hope thats not true of the marines with all i hear about the brotherhood and the bond between the men and women is that its strong and they always look out for eachother i hope that holds true as far as not having to worry that the woman next to me in basic will want to beat my butt for no apparent reason cause they have some kind of complex instead of working towards completing basic together as a team... any thoughts comments personal experiences??

on a side not... men get to shave their beards... do women get to do their legs... prob a dumb question (although we are required to bring pantyhose... can we actually have thigh highs i hate pantyhose) but my recruiter is a guy and admits to not knowing the details of what goes on with female details of the women marine recruites.... anyone with help on that would be greatly appreciated... im enlisting on 24feb2009 then doing delayed entry for roughly 3 months based off the date i get from meps when i go

O and final thought here recruiter said our tours are for 7 months and sometimes less depending on need unlike the army which is 18 months is that true or a line of crap... ive had part in dealing with recruiters with my fiance' he's in the army reserves and did not have a good experience at all...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    In boot, you will be with recruits from around the Country, all with their own views and opinions on things.

With such a melting-pot of people, you're bound to dis-agree on things. There will be fights, so what.

I think that any good leader should be able to adapt and adjust in these situations and refrain from coming to blows(find another solution by being able to read the signs of whats really happening). However, if you swing on me, you brought whats coming on yourself.

I got in a 3 fights while at boot. 1 in recieving and 1 in MRP(the other we wont get into).

The recieving fight- I was backing up a single recruit that was catching crap from a small group. That "group" threw the first punch. I stepped in and helped him out

The MRP fight- Another recruit pushed me, I warned him. he pushed me again, I dropped him(man did I pay for that, phew).

Your ability to deal with/handle differences as well as being humble and expressing humility(basically keeping your mouth shut) will also determine what happens.

I wouldnt dwell on it. Your platoon will grow as TDs pass. I'm still friends with Marines I went to boot with, today. I met some of the most honorable men I have ever met, while I was in boot. Most butt-beatings dont happen to "no apparent reason".

Um, I'm not sure about shaving your legs, I sure hope they let you but you'd better practice doing it QUICKLY.

Dont over-think this. Its training. Many have gone through it before you and many will go through it after you. Just go there and take care of yourself and help who you can.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Not one time in the whole 4 years I served did I EVER see WM's fight. That's one thing the Corps will teach you how to do - be tolerant of b!tches that probably feel the same about you that you do about them.

And, yes, you will get to shave your legs but, you won't be able to do it in the shower. There are deep sinks for that and you have to do it on your time (meaning the hour of free time that you get every night or on Sunday during your free time).

Also, use pantyhose - them knee highs would not only look funny but, be about damned tacky with that skirt on. Even when you do wear your trousers, wear pantyhose - you DO NOT want pantylines when in uniform.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Not one time in the whole 4 years I served did I EVER see WM's fight. That's one thing the Corps will teach you how to do - be tolerant of b!tches that probably feel the same about you that you do about them.

And, yes, you will get to shave your legs but, you won't be able to do it in the shower. There are deep sinks for that and you have to do it on your time (meaning the hour of free time that you get every night or on Sunday during your free time).

Also, use pantyhose - them knee highs would not only look funny but, be about damned tacky with that skirt on. Even when you do wear your trousers, wear pantyhose - you DO NOT want pantylines when in uniform.

maybe you don't....

Amazing, no questions like, "How can I get faster/stronger?" no "Where can I get knowledge for boot camp?" no "I'm ready to do whatever it takes" just a bunch of can I shave my legs, I hate panty hose, can I wear high thighs? and are female Marines nasty...

What an outstanding thread.

Sometimes I feel like I'm losing hope in the poolees. Maybe I'm becoming an irritable salt dog like some of the other Marines on here. Maybe Iraq is getting to me. Maybe the lack of showers and shaving with ice water has gotten to me. I don't know what it is but if these are the crop of people that are joining the ranks of my Corps that are eventually going to replace me in a combat zone, just don't even bother.

I'll stay here and carry on the fight with my LCpls and PFCs that actually want to do **** beneficial for their country, that worry about whether or not their M2 is timed correctly and their NVGs have fresh batteries. Not the ones that worry about high thighs and panty hose and ****.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm pretty sure you don't like lookin' at 'em.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Matt, tell me how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot12 View Post
    In boot, you will be with recruits from around the Country, all with their own views and opinions on things.

With such a melting-pot of people, you're bound to dis-agree on things. There will be fights, so what.

I think that any good leader should be able to adapt and adjust in these situations and refrain from coming to blows(find another solution by being able to read the signs of whats really happening). However, if you swing on me, you brought whats coming on yourself.

I got in a 3 fights while at boot. 1 in recieving and 1 in MRP(the other we wont get into).

The recieving fight- I was backing up a single recruit that was catching crap from a small group. That "group" threw the first punch. I stepped in and helped him out

The MRP fight- Another recruit pushed me, I warned him. he pushed me again, I dropped him(man did I pay for that, phew).

Your ability to deal with/handle differences as well as being humble and expressing humility(basically keeping your mouth shut) will also determine what happens.

I wouldnt dwell on it. Your platoon will grow as TDs pass. I'm still friends with Marines I went to boot with, today. I met some of the most honorable men I have ever met, while I was in boot. Most butt-beatings dont happen to "no apparent reason".

Um, I'm not sure about shaving your legs, I sure hope they let you but you'd better practice doing it QUICKLY.

Dont over-think this. Its training. Many have gone through it before you and many will go through it after you. Just go there and take care of yourself and help who you can.

Not that I plan on fighting or anything, but what are the punishments for getting in physical altercations in boot?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would assume it wouldn't be tolerated.

Credits
    Savings
    you can be NJP'd especially if you cause injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Matt, tell me how you really feel.
    Come on Kim, everyone already yells at me for complaining too much lol. As if me *****ing about being in Iraq for almost every single holiday of the year to include my birthday while not being able to shower or get laid is something I shouldn't be *****ing about lol.

Credits
    Savings

Semper Fi

I hear you, man. Keep the watch for us.

Quote Originally Posted by introspect View Post
    Not that I plan on fighting or anything, but what are the punishments for getting in physical altercations in boot?
    That's why he went to boot and came back a "Marine friend" and not a "Marine".

Don't be stupid.

Credits
    Savings

Slow Your Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    That's why he went to boot and came back a "Marine friend" and not a "Marine".

Don't be stupid.

Just went back and read that one. Somehow I missed it in all the other horsehockey...

If you don't have the self control to get through boot camp (with its intense level of supervision and micro-management without slugging it out, you have NO place in the Fleet. You will be lucky to make 2 years. I know MCRD is one huge melting pot of testosterone and frustration but Marines aren't just trigger pullers. If you can't think before shooting I'll see you on 60 min one day...

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Sometimes I feel like I'm losing hope in the poolees. Maybe I'm becoming an irritable salt dog like some of the other Marines on here. Maybe Iraq is getting to me. Maybe the lack of showers and shaving with ice water has gotten to me. I don't know what it is but if these are the crop of people that are joining the ranks of my Corps that are eventually going to replace me in a combat zone, just don't even bother.

^^^ On that note of losing hope in poolees. It varies with person to person.. Just I dont judge Marines as a whole just because I have a bad experiance with one. Reading this, the first thought in my mind was wow, the girl had a question and she was looking for an answer. It wasnt like she was had posted a reply on someothere thread asking about a female question. There are plenty of other threads concerning run times and staying motivated..

Thread Information