Do male Marines respect the female?? - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    but some of the toughest company runs were lead by a WM 1stSgt i mean RUTHLESS up and down canyons thru brush dirt rocks creeks beach runs jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Well Gunny do you pull rank on each other?
    I used to just call her "boot" from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    So since the SSgt is the one that origionally posted that and he just agreed then it is ok for the SSgt to say it? As far as working less than male Marines..... So do and some don't. Same is true about male Marines. They all fall into that 10% as far as I care. You have to keep in mind that there are fewer female Marines around and that sorta makes you (female Marines) stand out. It's like the WM's that get the title of being sleezy. Some people look at it and says that the way all WM's are. If you are gonna let a sorry arse boot PFC make a comment and get under your skin, then maybe you should step back and re-evaluate things. I am (was) a grunt and damn proud of it. I don't agree with his comment about WM's being POG's. He does not speak for the grunt's. He is just showing his maturity level here and nothing we say on here is going to change that. He can hide behind his computer and type whatever he wants. And it's obvious that he has no respect for rank on this forum. He probably falls into that 10% himself. Personally I think he should be locked in a room with about 5 or 6 WM's that are having their time of the month. Maybe then he would have a different outlook on Marines in general.

As far as your last comments..... Sounds like you were trying to add some clout to your post by using your husband. Hopefully I am wrong. I have seen that kind of stuff a lot in my time in. Wifes were always trying to use their husband's name and ranks. I use to just tell them to go tell their husbands congrats on getting promoted that high. Again, hopefully I was wrong with the way i took your comments but if not, some things never change.

And nothing is ever really a "done deal".

Semper Fi
    Yeah you were wrong about the "clout", but it's ok, it happens. This is actually the first time I have been on this site, I didnt know my first post would cause such a ruckus!

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I definately agree with Sgt 0231.

Being a female, we have to work twice as hard to earn the respect of our Marines. Although there are a few female Marines out there who do not deserve their chevrons, most female Marines are hard workers who deserve some respect. I can't stand ignorant males who think that female Marines have it so easy. I haven't had anything handed to me for being a female, I have had to earn everything- every d@mn thing. Maybe some grunts talk sh!t about female Marines because they have never worked with us, they don't understand how hard we really work. I've worked with a few solid grunts who have ended up having a good deal of respect for female Marines.

Seyborg will not make it far unless he fixes himself. Ain't no f*cking PFC going to tell me I did not earn my rank, that I am the lowest form of Marine. I've spent my time in the sand box- I was in Fallujah when Saddam was hung. Where was he? Oh wait, he was a civilian (not even a poolee) when I came back from war. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but he better start showing some of these NCOs a little d@mn respect.
    I know alot of hard-working female Marines as well, all of these Male Marines who say they know ****ty female Marines are obviously talking to the wrong ones (and probably the only females who will give them the time of day!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt0231 View Post
    Yeah you were wrong about the "clout", but it's ok, it happens. This is actually the first time I have been on this site, I didnt know my first post would cause such a ruckus!
    No big deal. At least you made you appearance known.

I know alot of hard-working female Marines as well, all of these Male Marines who say they know ****ty female Marines are obviously talking to the wrong ones (and probably the only females who will give them the time of day!)

Funny but probably true.

they usually do since no one knows who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    So since the SSgt is the one that origionally posted that and he just agreed then it is ok for the SSgt to say it? As far as working less than male Marines..... So do and some don't. Same is true about male Marines. They all fall into that 10% as far as I care. You have to keep in mind that there are fewer female Marines around and that sorta makes you (female Marines) stand out. It's like the WM's that get the title of being sleezy. Some people look at it and says that the way all WM's are. If you are gonna let a sorry arse boot PFC make a comment and get under your skin, then maybe you should step back and re-evaluate things. I am (was) a grunt and damn proud of it. I don't agree with his comment about WM's being POG's. He does not speak for the grunt's. He is just showing his maturity level here and nothing we say on here is going to change that. He can hide behind his computer and type whatever he wants. And it's obvious that he has no respect for rank on this forum. He probably falls into that 10% himself. Personally I think he should be locked in a room with about 5 or 6 WM's that are having their time of the month. Maybe then he would have a different outlook on Marines in general.

As far as your last comments..... Sounds like you were trying to add some clout to your post by using your husband. Hopefully I am wrong. I have seen that kind of stuff a lot in my time in. Wifes were always trying to use their husband's name and ranks. I use to just tell them to go tell their husbands congrats on getting promoted that high. Again, hopefully I was wrong with the way i took your comments but if not, some things never change.

And nothing is ever really a "done deal".

Semper Fi

and this is how you get thrown under the bus and survive.

My limited experience with female Marines is my girlfriend who I have been with even before we were both Marines. I am proud to say she is an excellent Marine, better than myself in fact. She picked up PFC meritorious out of boot and was head to head for honor grad with the ultimate Honor Grad for her company.

To go with what is being said about females working twice as hard, she has also experienced this. In MOS school (motor T) she was supposed to be class leader. She was told she couldn't do it because they needed a male who could go in the Male barracks to take care of problems (she was one of 3 females in her class). Despite this she did all she could to lead her platoon. She was later told after all her testing that she was to be the class honor grad and would be receiving a promotion. At the last second she was pulled aside and told that she was caught on libo with a Marine who was supposed to be on restricted libo, and that she should have known his status. She was sat down by one of her instructors and told she deserved the award but would not receive it because one of his fellow instructors had something against females.

She also has mentioned that a few females make a bad name for the rest of them. She has known of Marines who have engaged in inappropriate relationships with superiors and was always complaining about them when we talked. She said what her DIs had told her about either being a Bi*** or a Slut was true, and she was always happy to be the bi***.

Being a male Marine, I would say many males do look down on females, or believe they shouldn't be in the Marine Corps, but many do not. As an 03, I think my girlfriend is more competent than many of my fellow classmates were in ITB.

Cliffs:
    - You will need to work harder
    - Many will have opinions which you can work to change

Good luck,

Mike

off topic.... was she a driver or a mech???? (your girlfriend)

3531 Operator. She may go back for LVS school this summer.

Mike

too bad... she's breaking while I'm fixing.... it's the way the world works I guess.

If she drives anything like she does in the civilian world
    Well apparently you can drift a 7-ton.

She's part of a QRF which is pretty cool. Shes got an M4 while I still have an A4, at least I have an RCO. Anyway, can you tell me any more about the lioness program? I have heard of it, and she's expressed a desire to do it if given the opportunity. She's still ****ed that she couldn't be infantry. Frankly I think she would have been pretty good at it.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Her M4 meets the needs of her job a lot better. How is she already "part of a QRF?" Is she deployed?

Thread Information