Do male Marines respect the female?? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    hahahaha.... you have a point... my wife says the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyborg View Post
    Ok ok ok!

My turn.

First off Grunts, FOR THE MOST PART.....don't respect POGs. ALL women are POGs. It's like being worse than a POG. Not saying thats the way it is, but thats the way MOST grunts think.

Non-O3 community, you're gonna be fine, there is no bias or difference between Male or female. That's the way I've gathered it. Not saying thats in stone.

Like the SSgt. said, alot of females work less and get promoted more for that less work. It's crap. To be honest (AND THIS IS JUST ME) I find it hard to respect and female NCO. Sometimes they don't have to work for it....

BUT NOT ALL Fem. NCOs are in that situation.

Basically, you'll be fine. Don't go telling some grunts that just got back from deployment what to do and you wont get hella harrassed.

I'm gonna get beaten for this one....

Seyborg Out.
    Hmm PFC... how long have you been in? I dont think you have sufficient time in service to determine how a female Marine earns respect or rank. Im going on 5 years and have 3 Iraq deployments behind my back and an Afghanistan deployment in front of me. I have earned every rank from Private and have not been given rank like candy. Now Im not going to sit here and say that every female Marine earns her rank because believe me, I know quite a few female Marines whose ranks needs to be pulled. But you know, I know alot more Males in the same situation and I gotta tell ya, alot of the male Marines I meet, I have absolutely no respect for. I have been on a "grunt" base in Ramadi (Hurricane Point to be exact) and you better believe every junior Marine addressed me as a then Cpl. Respect or not, I guarantee you get face to face with me, you will be giving me the respect I damn well deserve. Oh and before you disagree and think your resume looks better than mine, maybe you should do a deployment first and then come talk to me.

and for those who dont know, my husband is 0231Marine!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt0231 View Post
    Hmm PFC... how long have you been in? I dont think you have sufficient time in service to determine how a female Marine earns respect or rank. Im going on 5 years and have 3 Iraq deployments behind my back and an Afghanistan deployment in front of me. I have earned every rank from Private and have not been given rank like candy. Now Im not going to sit here and say that every female Marine earns her rank because believe me, I know quite a few female Marines whose ranks needs to be pulled. But you know, I know alot more Males in the same situation and I gotta tell ya, alot of the male Marines I meet, I have absolutely no respect for. I have been on a "grunt" base in Ramadi (Hurricane Point to be exact) and you better believe every junior Marine addressed me as a then Cpl. Respect or not, I guarantee you get face to face with me, you will be giving me the respect I damn well deserve. Oh and before you disagree and think your resume looks better than mine, maybe you should do a deployment first and then come talk to me.

and for those who dont know, my husband is 0231Marine!
    Respect is earned not demanded. I don't care who your husband is, show a little respect and you will get more in return that you give out.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    Respect is earned not demanded. I don't care who your husband is, show a little respect and you will get more in return that you give out.
    Show respect? I'm sorry GySgt, but you obviously think you know me based on what I said to the PFC. I show and give respect all the time. I'm not going to let a PFC who is telling other people on this forum that females work less than male Marines because it just isnt true.

Also, I dont care if you dont care who my husband is, just making it known, because he is obviously a big hit on this forum. My husband brought this post to my attention and I posted my opinion. Done deal.

I definately agree with Sgt 0231.

Being a female, we have to work twice as hard to earn the respect of our Marines. Although there are a few female Marines out there who do not deserve their chevrons, most female Marines are hard workers who deserve some respect. I can't stand ignorant males who think that female Marines have it so easy. I haven't had anything handed to me for being a female, I have had to earn everything- every d@mn thing. Maybe some grunts talk sh!t about female Marines because they have never worked with us, they don't understand how hard we really work. I've worked with a few solid grunts who have ended up having a good deal of respect for female Marines.

Seyborg will not make it far unless he fixes himself. Ain't no f*cking PFC going to tell me I did not earn my rank, that I am the lowest form of Marine. I've spent my time in the sand box- I was in Fallujah when Saddam was hung. Where was he? Oh wait, he was a civilian (not even a poolee) when I came back from war. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but he better start showing some of these NCOs a little d@mn respect.

Sgt0231, I just had to laugh when I saw your post because I had to stop my own wife, a former Marine Cpl, from creating an account and speaking out on this when SHE saw Seyborg's post! I understand where you and other female Marines are coming from, having been married to one. I know she had to work twice as hard as her male counterparts just to get the same amount of respect, and it shouldn't be that way. Me personally, I always gave every Marine the benefit of the doubt, wether they were male, female, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt0231 View Post
    Show respect? I'm sorry GySgt, but you obviously think you know me based on what I said to the PFC. I show and give respect all the time. I'm not going to let a PFC who is telling other people on this forum that females work less than male Marines because it just isnt true.

Also, I dont care if you dont care who my husband is, just making it known, because he is obviously a big hit on this forum. My husband brought this post to my attention and I posted my opinion. Done deal.
    So since the SSgt is the one that origionally posted that and he just agreed then it is ok for the SSgt to say it? As far as working less than male Marines..... So do and some don't. Same is true about male Marines. They all fall into that 10% as far as I care. You have to keep in mind that there are fewer female Marines around and that sorta makes you (female Marines) stand out. It's like the WM's that get the title of being sleezy. Some people look at it and says that the way all WM's are. If you are gonna let a sorry arse boot PFC make a comment and get under your skin, then maybe you should step back and re-evaluate things. I am (was) a grunt and damn proud of it. I don't agree with his comment about WM's being POG's. He does not speak for the grunt's. He is just showing his maturity level here and nothing we say on here is going to change that. He can hide behind his computer and type whatever he wants. And it's obvious that he has no respect for rank on this forum. He probably falls into that 10% himself. Personally I think he should be locked in a room with about 5 or 6 WM's that are having their time of the month. Maybe then he would have a different outlook on Marines in general.

As far as your last comments..... Sounds like you were trying to add some clout to your post by using your husband. Hopefully I am wrong. I have seen that kind of stuff a lot in my time in. Wifes were always trying to use their husband's name and ranks. I use to just tell them to go tell their husbands congrats on getting promoted that high. Again, hopefully I was wrong with the way i took your comments but if not, some things never change.

And nothing is ever really a "done deal".

Semper Fi

Hey Gunny, she was just throwing my name out there so those of you who frequent the forum enough and know who I am would know she is my wife. If you hadn't noticed, she outranks me, or at least did when I was in...lol. She wasn't using it to "add clout" if you will.

Credits
    Savings

pullin rank

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Hey Gunny, she was just throwing my name out there so those of you who frequent the forum enough and know who I am would know she is my wife. If you hadn't noticed, she outranks me, or at least did when I was in...lol. She wasn't using it to "add clout" if you will.

Now that is a man. I can respect that. Maybe chevrons make it easier, but most of us are still in denial...

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Thats cool. Like I mentioned, I hope I just read it wrong. My wife lurks in the shadows of this site from time to time and reads what people are posting. She gets a little agrevated from time to time also. She is a GySgt in the reserves now. She is the M4L rep for the Tidewater area. She mainly comes on here to see if anyone might be posting anything about a Vet (wounded Warrior) in our area down there. This site and another, that I won't advertise on here, is a great source of information for here.

its basically the few that give the rest of WM's a bad name so alot of tops end up saying stay away or you could end up in the brig. So it's usually applied to all even the cool ones. Which i have prolly met 3 WM's who were cool the rest were/ are whack jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I definately agree with Sgt 0231.

Being a female, we have to work twice as hard to earn the respect of our Marines. Although there are a few female Marines out there who do not deserve their chevrons, most female Marines are hard workers who deserve some respect. I can't stand ignorant males who think that female Marines have it so easy. I haven't had anything handed to me for being a female, I have had to earn everything- every d@mn thing. Maybe some grunts talk sh!t about female Marines because they have never worked with us, they don't understand how hard we really work. I've worked with a few solid grunts who have ended up having a good deal of respect for female Marines.

Seyborg will not make it far unless he fixes himself. Ain't no f*cking PFC going to tell me I did not earn my rank, that I am the lowest form of Marine. I've spent my time in the sand box- I was in Fallujah when Saddam was hung. Where was he? Oh wait, he was a civilian (not even a poolee) when I came back from war. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but he better start showing some of these NCOs a little d@mn respect.
    We tried to fix Seyborg as a poolee and we thought we had him going in the right direction but now that he is a boot Marine he wants to be cocky, the way he is going I hope he never reaches the rank of CPL.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    Thats cool. Like I mentioned, I hope I just read it wrong. My wife lurks in the shadows of this site from time to time and reads what people are posting. She gets a little agrevated from time to time also. She is a GySgt in the reserves now. She is the M4L rep for the Tidewater area. She mainly comes on here to see if anyone might be posting anything about a Vet (wounded Warrior) in our area down there. This site and another, that I won't advertise on here, is a great source of information for here.
    Well Gunny do you pull rank on each other?

Thread Information