Crypto Linguist Question
Create Post

Question Crypto Linguist Question

hi im shipping of on may 26 09 and i am hoping to get the linguist job, but my parents are not citizens, they are residents. does that affect my chances?

also if i do get the job, training will take about a year and i enlisted for 4 years in active duty. my recruiter told me that since training takes about a year, i will have to serve an addition year. is this true?

i appreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by MG0260813 View Post
    hi im shipping of on may 26 09 and i am hoping to get the linguist job, but my parents are not citizens, they are residents. does that affect my chances?
    Yes.

also if i do get the job, training will take about a year (or two and a half) and i enlisted for 4 years in active duty. my recruiter told me that since training takes about a year, i will have to serve an addition year. is this true?
    It's a five-year contract to be a linguist.

The fact that your parents are not citizens that will affect your clearance if your in the 27xx or 26xx field you need a TS/SCI, I don't even think you can get a Secret Clearance to be honest with you but its up to your investigator and what they dig up. ANY WAYS..... How about filling out your profile there!!!

I know guys with TS clearances with non-citizen spouses and parents. So who knows if you'll get a clearance, many factors are involved.

Hmmm same goes for for Intel right? by the way wats 27xx and 26xx fields?

Thanks for the info guys, i really apreciate it all. Let just ask one more piece of advice. I got an 88 on ASVAB, and i have 2 years of college already. becoming a marine is my dream, but many people advice me to finish college so that i can become officer.

Should i finish college and join in 2 years, or should i join now? What would be more beneficial for me and for the USMC?

Credits
    Savings

False Colors

Quote Originally Posted by MG0260813 View Post
    What would be more beneficial for me and for the USMC?

I'm not a recruiter so try to blow smoke up my ass. Don't pretend what is good for our Corps really matters to you. You and every other potential want2be here are worried about #1 and what your family (read: parents) think. Besides, seems like you already made a commitment to ship enlisted in May. I hope that means something to you.

You will know what is right. If you are not a fierce leader of men, don't bother applying to be an officer. I'm not saying a good officer must be a mustang but it sure can't hurt. Do yourself a favor and enlist to your hot job-that should be enough to satisfy your critics...

Thread Information