Food
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food

Food

I know this question is probably random but when i looked through some of the threads Marines said never to drink milk during chow time. I just just dont understand why you should not drink milk, so can anyone enlighten me.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    PT and puke in the pit.....nausea.

Makes you have to shiat!

If YOUR body can handle it go for it.

GOT MILK ?

Drink it!

I drank it but never bothered me and the next one might puke his guts out.

Quote Originally Posted by DustBag View Post
    I know this question is probably random but when i looked through some of the threads Marines said never to drink milk during chow time. I just just dont understand why you should not drink milk, so can anyone enlighten me.
    The only time I would suggest drinking it are on Sundays and possibly during evening chow. After evening chow you usually don't have anything going on except drill. Just hope you don't get sent to the pit though.

Your heavy hat will probably tell you not to drink it before a PFT. I suggest heeding his advice because he'll be standing in that chow hall line looking for the one recruit who decides to thumb his nose at such a notion.

I would say cereal is fine though because they're isn't a whole lot of milk you can put in those small cereal bowls, just don't get a glass full of milk.

I knew a cowboy/horseshoer who would be a 100 something today if he was still kickin, Charlie drank a little buttermilk on heavy work load and hot days. I Never did understand that.

I'll tell you what i enjoy when life's about to get tough after breakfast or lunch, a cup of grapefruit juice. It's swimming with nutrients that help digest feed and there's something about the quinine that feels like it goes right to the blood for an immunity boost.

--->Dave

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    drink it when you can because it has a good amount of dietary fat that your body needs but like biesseb said drink it on like a Sunday or Saturday evening chow so that way it can stay in your system. Do not drink any time a day or two before you know you may have a PT event or physical activity because it will make you feel like garbage

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had an old platoon sgt in ITS that said you know why Marines get put on mess duty on ship? I'll tell ya why ... everyone of you dummies is go and get two glasses of sprite in the galley. Half of you are gonna drop one and break it before it makes it to the table and the other half are gonna put hot sauce in it and try to convince some sailor it is cherry flavored sprite and watch him drink it. That's why you get mess duty on ship.

Slinger I too enjoy a glass of grapefruit juice... good stuff.

I know i'm weird but I drank a glass of chocolate milk before PFT's and I did fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
    I know i'm weird but I drank a glass of chocolate milk before PFT's and I did fine.
    Consider yourself lucky, I wouldn't go advising this though as it's common knowledge that milk can upset your stomach or weigh you down before any kind of PT.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It has been my experience that drinking milk before a run increases your chance of getting a side ache.

Thank you guys for answering my question. I dont even like milk but just had to know why its bad.

After drinking milk all my life, I went without it for the three months I was at boot camp. Our DIs "discouraged" us from drinking it. I foolishly had a big glass of it during that "first meal out" and had terrible stomach cramps. It took me a while to get used to it again.
    I would personally stay away from it while you are there; drinking water or any sort of juice will probably help you more.

When you first arrive at boot camp your bowels are not going to function as they did before you arrived. Maybe its because of eating junk food most of your life and now you are getting three squares a day. As a D.I. I always kept prune juice in the Duty Hut and the Pvts would bring their canteen cups and get a shot of juice. The cammodes were full the next morning. Coffee with lots of sugar will also work.

ya its the puking thing. BUT>>> if you wanna make an impression they always seem to enjoy the spirit of a person who pukes and keeps on running... but ya evening chow is best and lots on Sunday morning since you have time to digest it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Forget the milk. Drink plenty of water. You're gonna need it to get the "Sh*t on a Shingle" out of your body.

All of a sudden I have a craving ??? HA,
    Rocky

Thread Information