Do male Marines respect the female?? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76
  1. #16
    Marine Free Member Marine84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6,708
    Credits
    3,496
    Savings
    0
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    I would have pro/cons reflect but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.... women get 4.5/4.5 while guys get 4.2/4.2

    I can't explain it... they just do.
    Funny, was always the other way around for me. I would always get passed up for some bonehead that had enough extra pages in his SRB that he had to get a wheelbarrow to move the damned thing from building to building when checking in at a new duty station.

    Commdog is right. As females, we have to work twice as hard to be half as good as the dumbest male in the shop. We get tested everyday by some male that wants to see us fail and tries his damndest to push us to the end of our rope and bring the tears on. Kind of like DI's trying to break you down - once they see that you can be broken, they swarm in on you and you're gone. I was never one to make it where a male had to pull my weight and I let everybody know straight out the gate that I KNEW I wasn't as strong as they were and, yes, there were lots of things that I STILL couldn't do as well as they could. When they saw they couldn't ruffle my tailfeathers and I wasn't one to b!tch/cry/moan/groan/complain about having to do the same things they had to, they left me alone and treated me like the Sister that I am. There were a few that brought me to tears but, when you bring me to tears, I'm pi$$ed and come out swinging (especially when you add alcohol).


  2. #17
    well, when it comes to LITERALLY pulling weight... well I understand there are limitations.

    what I'm refering to is a female I deployed with who wouldn't train because her MSgt from her unit she transfered from said not to listen to anyone........ she was serious.

    then there are the mechanics who did actually work on the trucks because someone else would do it for them.


    that not withstanding... women CAN work and do the jobs..... just so long as they don't pull any stunts like that crap....

    I'm pretty strict on pro/cons... but when 95% of the Corps isn't it's not really fair to my Marines.....


  3. #18
    Ok ok ok!

    My turn.

    First off Grunts, FOR THE MOST PART.....don't respect POGs. ALL women are POGs. It's like being worse than a POG. Not saying thats the way it is, but thats the way MOST grunts think.

    Non-O3 community, you're gonna be fine, there is no bias or difference between Male or female. That's the way I've gathered it. Not saying thats in stone.

    Like the SSgt. said, alot of females work less and get promoted more for that less work. It's crap. To be honest (AND THIS IS JUST ME) I find it hard to respect and female NCO. Sometimes they don't have to work for it....

    BUT NOT ALL Fem. NCOs are in that situation.

    Basically, you'll be fine. Don't go telling some grunts that just got back from deployment what to do and you wont get hella harrassed.

    I'm gonna get beaten for this one....

    Seyborg Out.


  4. #19
    Its your opinion Seyborg and for the most part your right.


  5. #20
    Thanks.

    ER


  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyborg View Post
    Ok ok ok!

    My turn.

    First off Grunts, FOR THE MOST PART.....don't respect POGs. ALL women are POGs. It's like being worse than a POG. Not saying thats the way it is, but thats the way MOST grunts think.

    Non-O3 community, you're gonna be fine, there is no bias or difference between Male or female. That's the way I've gathered it. Not saying thats in stone.

    Like the SSgt. said, alot of females work less and get promoted more for that less work. It's crap. To be honest (AND THIS IS JUST ME) I find it hard to respect and female NCO. Sometimes they don't have to work for it....

    BUT NOT ALL Fem. NCOs are in that situation.

    Basically, you'll be fine. Don't go telling some grunts that just got back from deployment what to do and you wont get hella harrassed.

    I'm gonna get beaten for this one....

    Seyborg Out.
    Maybe YOUR fresh outta boot camp ass don't. But I know I worked with hella-grunts and they all respected me. Everyone from the fresh outta SOI boots to the former 0369 Company 1stSgt. Shoot, a lot of the grunt NCO's preffered hanging out with me over some of their counterparts.

    Being a grunt don't automatically make you sh*t hot, believe me, I've met more than my fair share of those that were straight up pusses. And I told them too.

    You'll learn to respect the POG when you really need something. Which should be soon.


  7. #22
    just don't pay him... he'll come around.

    or take his sipr net away when he needs an intel brief...

    or his chow...

    or don't fix his vehicles...

    don't replace that broken sally pack...


    this kid has no idea what CSS means... just 'cause we "support" you doesn't mean you can do it without us.... turd.


  8. #23
    Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    25 38' N, 54 26' E
    Posts
    5,758
    Credits
    8,941
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    just don't pay him... he'll come around.

    or take his sipr net away when he needs an intel brief...

    or his chow...

    or don't fix his vehicles...

    don't replace that broken sally pack...


    this kid has no idea what CSS means... just 'cause we "support" you doesn't mean you can do it without us.... turd.
    Gotta agree with you here. Seyborg and his 6 months of experience is daunting.

    Jeez!!

    Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!





  9. #24
    Alright lets not get started on this Grunt Poge thing, because I met grunts that were afraid as hell to use a line charge, or for that matter even set of a 500lbs shot. crying about, "that aint our job" Call me a poge all you want but I can guarantee you that Engineers/ and Female Engineers seen more combat than you will ever see. I'm sorry...now you got me started but, all i hung out with in iraq besides the Engineers were, Arti guys, LAR guys, and grunts....and they all loved the Engineers. Especially when they want play with our robots and bet us that a SAW can't fit on one...


  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Gotta agree with you here. Seyborg and his 6 months of experience is daunting.

    Jeez!!
    It's only Seyborg,lol.


  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyborg
    To be honest (AND THIS IS JUST ME) I find it hard to respect and female NCO.
    And for that I find it hard to respect you. Is this really the lesson you want to pass on to these poolees? And right after telling her that you find it hard to respect females, you tell her that she'll do fine?

    And the kicker...the last thing you wrote let's us all know that not only did you understand you were about to **** off a lot of Marines, you didn't even give a ****!

    I'm sure you'll make a great NCO...with no respect.


  12. #27
    Marine Free Member Marine84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6,708
    Credits
    3,496
    Savings
    0
    Images
    3
    CYBORG - you're right - if I were anywhere within a 50 mile radius of your narrow boot a$$ right now, I would strangle you with my own hands. You'll be thanking us POGS when you have to call in an air strike.


  13. #28
    Well, it's been a long time since I was in and since I was a "pogue" I worked with a lot of Women Marines. (we called 'em BAM's at the time) Anyway I found that most were competent and did thier jobs and did them quite well. However, there were those who were more interested in saggin the springs and they made things look bad for the rest of them. It is truly all in how you present yourself. You don't have to be an angel but don't be a slut by any means. Do your job, do it well and take no crap that you don't need to and you will find that you will be treated just fine. There are always going to be those who will denigrate you and any other female, those people are just idiots and since you already know that you can ignore them and go about your business....


  14. #29
    I like how the "Non-Infantry" Marines get upset . Who gives a f*ck. Thats why grunts are *******s. Cuz we don't have to give a f*ck or go around always defending our MOS. Thanks for the support guys but remember , the Marine Corps revolves around the infantry. You are there to support us . We appreciate your support and help because without you we couldn't get anything accomplished.

    1. Make Marines
    2. Win Battles.

    and if Seyborg wants to be an egotistical , self centered , cocky assh*le, good . Let him. 3/6 has an outstanding lineage. He has reason to. Here in a bit I'm sure hell have an opportunity to back his talk , pull a trigger and get in the fight. Semper Fi Marine.

    5Romeo Actual Out.


  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    I like how the "Non-Infantry" Marines get upset . Who gives a f*ck. Thats why grunts are *******s. Cuz we don't have to give a f*ck or go around always defending our MOS. Thanks for the support guys but remember , the Marine Corps revolves around the infantry. You are there to support us . We appreciate your support and help because without you we couldn't get anything accomplished.

    1. Make Marines
    2. Win Battles.

    and if Seyborg wants to be an egotistical , self centered , cocky assh*le, good . Let him. 3/6 has an outstanding lineage. He has reason to. Here in a bit I'm sure hell have an opportunity to back his talk , pull a trigger and get in the fight. Semper Fi Marine.

    5Romeo Actual Out.
    That's all I'm saying. I got no problems with grunts being egotistical and all that trash. You can't be a punany out on the front lines!
    Alls I'm saying is give us the respect we're due. Thank you for doing so, Outlaw. Obviously, the Corps does revolve around the 03's. ****, I been thinking bout going back in and lat-moving to Infantry myself (torn between that and Intel). But I still won't tolerate someone who's barely out of boot disrespecting what I did for HIM and others like him. Semper Fi.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts