Promoted! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Promoted!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Haynes View Post
    Many PVTs at Ft. Lee, VA (myself included) were promoted to PFC about a week ago. Haha I still gotta get the cash together to go get my chevrons sewn on my uniforms!
    Anyway, I wanted to know how I could change my avatar on here to reflect my rank.

Also, on the subject on promotion, anyone want to share promotion stories? For those who are NCOs, how did you feel when you picked up Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, etc? Were you excited or just nervous at the new responsibilities?
    Congrats Marine, getting the bloodstripe was the worst, still hurts thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Congrats Marine, getting the bloodstripe was the worst, still hurts thinking about it.
    You think the "Blood-Strips" Hurt you should get your Jump Wings pined on LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra29er View Post
    You think the "Blood-Strips" Hurt you should get your Jump Wings pined on LOL
    Couldn't see jumping out of a perfectly good airplane,lol.

Haha thanks for all the stories.
    And speaking of jump wings, isn't the jump school at Ft Lee too (I know Riggers are there, and they have their wings)?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Haynes View Post
    Haha thanks for all the stories.
    And speaking of jump wings, isn't the jump school at Ft Lee too (I know Riggers are there, and they have their wings)?
    Only appropriate. If someone is going to pack or rig my chute, I want it to be someone who has had to rely on a parachute.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I was promoted to Cpl the CO asked me why I was acting so dang nervous. I said Cpl Scott sir. He glanced at the formation then back at me and smiled. Cpl Scott was my squad leader and a great big black man about 6'4 and 225. He got a wicked gleam in his eye as soon as I was called out for promotion. Cpl Scott made sure that I never lost my stripe or my blood stripe. After quite the pinning ceremony my room mate locked me in his wall locker and told all late comers he had no idea where I went. Cpl Scott came in and threatened to choke him out if he didn't tell where I was ... he let the cat out of the bag and Cpl Scott dragged me out of the wall locker gave me another knee to the thigh then marched me to the PX and paid half on a new set of dress blues. He was quite possibly the meanest sumbich I ever met but one of the best troop leaders I have ever worked for. If you ever read this CPL Scott I still have the blood stripe and still owe you a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    When I was promoted to Cpl the CO asked me why I was acting so dang nervous. I said Cpl Scott sir. He glanced at the formation then back at me and smiled. Cpl Scott was my squad leader and a great big black man about 6'4 and 225. He got a wicked gleam in his eye as soon as I was called out for promotion. Cpl Scott made sure that I never lost my stripe or my blood stripe. After quite the pinning ceremony my room mate locked me in his wall locker and told all late comers he had no idea where I went. Cpl Scott came in and threatened to choke him out if he didn't tell where I was ... he let the cat out of the bag and Cpl Scott dragged me out of the wall locker gave me another knee to the thigh then marched me to the PX and paid half on a new set of dress blues. He was quite possibly the meanest sumbich I ever met but one of the best troop leaders I have ever worked for. If you ever read this CPL Scott I still have the blood stripe and still owe you a beer.
    Great story Bulkyker. LOL

When I got my double bars and rifles (corporal for you barney mofos out there) I couldnt have been prouder, I had them pinned on by a friend who had served for 42 years in the Marines and been everywhere from Chesty Pullers Dinner Table to Khe Sahn lol. He pinned my chevrons on me and punched me square on either one and then kneed me hard in the leg....very proud day for me.

Yeah, I have to admit that the Jump Wings were the worst. And Jump is at Ft. Benning the Rigger School is at Ft. Lee. They still sing the Marine Corps Hymn Every night at 2130? Kick it Airborne.

Thread Information