Promoted!
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promoted!

Promoted!

Many PVTs at Ft. Lee, VA (myself included) were promoted to PFC about a week ago. Haha I still gotta get the cash together to go get my chevrons sewn on my uniforms!
    Anyway, I wanted to know how I could change my avatar on here to reflect my rank.

Also, on the subject on promotion, anyone want to share promotion stories? For those who are NCOs, how did you feel when you picked up Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, etc? Were you excited or just nervous at the new responsibilities?

congrats PFC, keep it up and stay squared away

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0331 View Post
    congrats PFC, keep it up and stay squared away
    Thank ya, Corporal.
    And thanks to whomever changed my avatar!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations Marine you have been pinned.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    Congratulations Marine you have been pinned.

Jim
    Thanks SSGT. I know I said this on your profile, but I thought you were my Drill Instructor SSGT Nelson at first! lol

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Marine! Now that you are experienced in a few tricks of the trade, you really are Perfect For Cleaning!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Congratulations Marine! Now that you are experienced in a few tricks of the trade, you really are Perfect For Cleaning!
    Haha believe me, Im an expert at cleaning along with my fellow Marines at Ft. Lee. When we were in MAT (marines awaiting training) Platoon, we spent an entire week raking leaves at Ft. Lee ALLLLLLL day every day. We remade the rifleman's prayer to say "This is my rake; there are many like it but this one is mine..."

Credits
    Savings
    congrats, Marine. one pay check for beer, one for the tailor = less than 30 days.. KILL

Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

Congrats Marine on PFC. Hoping you see many more in yoou coming years. SF

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Congrats Marine on PFC. Hoping you see many more in yoou coming years. SF
    I hope so too. Im still trying to decide wether to stay in the Corps after my four years or get out. There is still alot in the Marine Corps Id like to do. If I reenlist, Id like to go Motor T.
    Anywho, no one has any promotion stories they wanna share?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Haynes View Post
    Many PVTs at Ft. Lee, VA (myself included) were promoted to PFC about a week ago. Haha I still gotta get the cash together to go get my chevrons sewn on my uniforms!
    Anyway, I wanted to know how I could change my avatar on here to reflect my rank.

Also, on the subject on promotion, anyone want to share promotion stories? For those who are NCOs, how did you feel when you picked up Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, etc? Were you excited or just nervous at the new responsibilities?
    Congrats, now you are a highly paid slave.

My two favorite promotions were PFC and Corporal as both were meritorious promos (PFC from boot camp and Cpl in Vietnam). Boot camp merit promos meant a little more back then I think because only 10% maximum of the platoon could get them, and there was no other way to make PFC out of boot camp except as a contract (prior service) PFC. Only six guys made merit PFC in my platoon (plus one contract).

No such thing as meritorious PFC for recruiting, never mind L/Cpl. We couldn't make merit L/Cpl in boot camp even if we'd saved the Depot CG's life.

Of course getting a meritorious promotion in a combat zone is always a bit special.

Only story I have is when I was in they used to "Pen" your stripes on you. All the men in your company at your new rank got to punch you in each shoulder once as hard as they wanted to. Getting Cpl was the worst. Then they also got to knee you in the thigh "penning" on your blood stripe. After a day of getting punched, with the last few bringing tears to my eyes, I couldn't raise my arms to eat chow. And hurt for 3 days. But I was told they don't allow that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Haynes View Post
    I hope so too. Im still trying to decide wether to stay in the Corps after my four years or get out. There is still alot in the Marine Corps Id like to do. If I reenlist, Id like to go Motor T.
    Anywho, no one has any promotion stories they wanna share?

first what do you do now other than clean??

second, do you want to drive or turn a wrench???

I'm a 3529 (maint chief)

send me a PM.

Congrats Devil

I would like to send my congratulations to you PFC. The road is long, and if you man up and stay in for a couple, greater things are in store for you. Im a living testimony of that. I been selected to represent the Marines at this years Super Bowl free of charge for the 4 day event. On top of that, Im also on a SSgt Meritorious board, and ranked #1 of all 15 applicants... A little patience and dedication is all it takes. Set goals, achieve them and surpass them, while looking out for your fellow Devil Pups. Uuh Rahh! Keep Charging!!! - Sgt Q

Thread Information