Hey! Got a few questions.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Lightbulb Hey! Got a few questions.

Hello to everyone on this forum. I'm 18 years old and finishing High School in May of 2009 and have already had my mind set on joining the Corps. I have been training for about two years, running and lifting weights six days a week.

I would like to join the Security Force, eventually to tryout for FAST (Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team) or the RTT (Recapture Tactics Team) I have a very strong drive and dedication to pursue this, I have my heart set on it. I have done a bunch of research but have never found a great "answer" to my question, only little information about each.

How do I go about trying out for FAST or RTT? When I talk to my recruiter should I tell him I want my MOS to be Security Force, after I earn 8152? Then would FAST or RTT be a secondary MOS?

Also, can you tell me any further information about each of the groups? Maybe certain qualifications or anything about the training?

I'll ask a few more questions after I get a response..

Thanks for all your time,
    Tyler

don't ever get your heart "set" on a particular MOS,keep your options open....you'll be less disappointed that way.

FAST is the strong arm of the security forces MOS,regular security forces are basically glorified firewatch (guard duty) at sensitive sites such as submarine pens,nuke plants,nuke missiles,intel sites,etc,etc you'll serve 2 years as regular SF then transfer to a line grunt unit too finish out your last 2 yrs as a regular 0311 infantry.

as far as FAST they are primarily used as a DEFENSIVE asset,if the Corps gets intel that a site is about too be hit they send in FAST too defend that site and eliminate the threat.there pretty high speed in there training and it's a very sought after billet.My PMI at boot was in FAST and I know a SGT here thats a FAP that was in FAST. that's all I know from other sources.I know theres some security forces Marines on here that can better anwser your question.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling View Post
    don't ever get your heart "set" on a particular MOS,keep your options open....you'll be less disappointed that way.

FAST is the strong arm of the security forces MOS,regular security forces are basically glorified firewatch (guard duty) at sensitive sites such as submarine pens,nuke plants,nuke missiles,intel sites,etc,etc you'll serve 2 years as regular SF then transfer to a line grunt unit too finish out your last 2 yrs as a regular 0311 infantry.

as far as FAST they are primarily used as a DEFENSIVE asset,if the Corps gets intel that a site is about too be hit they send in FAST too defend that site and eliminate the threat.there pretty high speed in there training and it's a very sought after billet.My PMI at boot was in FAST and I know a SGT here thats a FAP that was in FAST. that's all I know from other sources.I know theres some security forces Marines on here that can better anwser your question.

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand what you mean about keeping my options open.

I didn't know that you had to finish your last 2 years as infantry. I understand the difference now between regular SF and FAST. What about SRT? You have to first become an MP before you can go to SRT Indoc. correct? Also, if you were to become apart of the Special Reaction Team would you also finish your last 2 years as a regular 0311 Infantry?

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

no.

SRT is a secondary MOS under the MP field,Security Forces FAST team is a B billet and SF is under the 03 field. My secondary MOS is working dog handler so my primary is 5811 with a secondary MOS as 5812.as an SRT team member you do not go to a grunt line unit after years,your a regular MP or field MP but with a secondary MOS as an SRT team member. SRT is SWAT for the Marine Corps,the team here hasn't responded to a call in 3 years,but they train 6 days a week! gives you an idea of your schedule.

what your looking at is alot of secondary MOS's and B billets,if your looking for that SWAT and deltarangerseal high speed low drag stuff,go either MP and try out for SRT once you get to a unit or go 03 and try out for FAST or Recon after a deployment or 2. these elite units don't want straight out of bootcamp PFC's they want seasoned combat veterans with experience.

Thread Information