Question regrading MOS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question regrading MOS

Okay so I got home from MEPS my recruiter said he was going to put in my choices for MOS's I want Infantry however i was told its possible that it might be filed so I decided if I cant have Infantry then Combat Engineer is what I would like. Now my question is how long does it usually take to get word on what job I will have. I ask because it's been a couple days and I would think it wouldnt take that long. I'm probably wrong but I dont know so could any Marines tell me how long it typically takes to get word??

It takes as long as it takes.

Yes sir thank you

LOL. Usually only a few weeks unless the pipeline is full. It really shouldn't take longer than 30 days max.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Domion View Post
    Yes sir thank you

Something tells me this young man will go far in the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyone View Post
    Something tells me this young man will go far in the Corps.
    Thank you sir my Grandfather was a Corpsman and always took me to Marine bases when i was young. We went to MCRDSD when I was 8 and since that day I've wanted to be a Marine.So I hope I do go far in the Corps I'll put everything i have into it thats for sure. Thank you for help Marines guess I should just hurry up and wait.

Just got off the phone with my recruiter. I got Combat Engineer pretty excited bout that!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Domion View Post
    Just got off the phone with my recruiter. I got Combat Engineer pretty excited bout that!

Congratulations! Now stick it out and wait for an 03 contract! KILL

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Congratulations! Now stick it out and wait for an 03 contract! KILL
    Yes sir thats what I will do however if one does not open up before I ship I'll do Combat Engineer I've wanted to do both so either or will be great! Hell just earning the title Marine will be perfect!

Credits
    Savings
    Just promise yourself one thing-whatever your job is, DO IT and be proud. Don't ever say "I was going to be ______" or "What I really wanted was _______" Go big and don't look back..

Credits
    Savings
    CE is a pretty damn good MOS. It's always fun to blow sh*t up...and they do plenty. Over in Kosovo, they actually stayed ahead of us a little just to clear out all the mines. We would have been up a creek without them. I really loved watching them detonate those line charges...it just about gave me a woody.

Much respect to the Combat Engineers!

Credits
    Savings
    For sure. Not knocking them, by the way. NO MATTER YOUR ULTIMATE JOB, take pride. Do it and live it. Took me a while to grow up and recognize the importance of a job well done, regardless of MOS or billet assignment.

I will take pride in my work thats just how I was always raised.Like I said though I wanted to do both I kinda had a feeling infantry would be filled so i was content with CE. I do have a question though.. My friend was a CE and he was telling me that they rode with the Infantry guys alot and they helped with patrols and such. Is this true?

Credits
    Savings
    Everyone will tell you different on this because everyone's experiences were different. I would say don't listen to anyone because the "situation dictates" I know 1371s who were rolling with 03 squads and ****ing **** up. there are plenty who did gay stuff too. be prepared for both.

Yes sir thanks for the info. I kinda thought that I just cant wait to get on that island. I'm sure I'll be thinking differently during receiving haha. Another quick question I know you get 10 days leave after boot but does that include travel or do they give you extra day for traveling?

Thread Information