Girlfriend
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend

Girlfriend

Honestly im not sure if this is the section this should be in, but im sorry. Anyway, im currently a poolee, and was wonder if any of you guys had tips on how to make being in the Marine Corp. the easiest on ur relationship. I will be leaving a girlfriend back at home and was just wondering on some tips. Thank you.

My only advice to you is, while you are on the Island don't give to much thought to girlfriends back home. You will have much more to think about.

I figured while i was on the island i wouldnt have much time to think about her so im not too worried about that. but thank you!

Have you not been told yet that if the gd Marines wanted you to have a gf, they would issue you one?

Forget the gf, hope she mails a dear john letter and be done with it. Sound advice, whether you like it or not boot.

Thats very true. Whatever happens happens, thanks for making it so simple.

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by rg2o3 View Post
    Thats very true. Whatever happens happens, thanks for making it so simple.
    Wow that isn't an easy situation, do you really love her? can you stay without her for a period of time? do you trust her? It's hard to say goodbye to your girlfriend if you really love her, and you think about her every second. But, you will be in Boot Camp, like said before you will have to think about BC, you will have no time to think about your GF. So for you it should be pretty easy, not for her.

I've seen too many situations where my Marines married jodie from back home, who just ended up cheating on him when he got her out of the podunk town they grew up in... just tell you it'll be a long distance thing until you get your feet on the ground... then you can see what's up.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Dont worry about it, Jodi will keep an eye on her for ya !

Its only 3months, man...Dont sweat it.

I left a girlfriend back home when I shipped out, when I got home- I sent her on her way...I saw plenty of recruits all teary eyed over their girls- made me sick.

HOWEVER, our SDI made all recruits that recieved photos of their girls, put said photos up on a tack board, some were HOTT !!

Last edited by SureShot12; 01-15-09 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Mis-spell

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Talk to Fistfu - he'll watch over her while you're gone.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I, Poolee Showershoe, take you the United States Marine Corps to be my lawfully wedded life,
    knowing in my heart that you will be
    my constant friend,
    my faithful partner in life,
    and my one true love.

On this special day of arriving at the MCRD,
    I will give to you
    in the presence of God and all those in attendance at DEP my pledge&sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful servant
    in sickness and in health,
    in joy and in sorrow, as well as
    through the good times and the bad .

I further promise to love you without reservation,
    honor and respect you, give you my 110% and
    provide for your needs as best I can.
    I will protect you from harm,
    comfort you in times of distress,
    grow with you in mind and spirit,
    always be open and honest with you,
    and cherish you for as long as we both shall live!!!!!!!!

And if this isn't enough.....
    Talk to Fistfu - he'll watch over her while you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rg2o3 View Post
    Honestly im not sure if this is the section this should be in, but im sorry. Anyway, im currently a poolee, and was wonder if any of you guys had tips on how to make being in the Marine Corp. the easiest on ur relationship. I will be leaving a girlfriend back at home and was just wondering on some tips. Thank you.
    Personally i think its a dumb*** idea to have a girlfriend while going to boot camp. Although i have not gone through boot camp yet, i think it would just complicate your stay at the Recruit Depot. Most women back home are the same, and they will all end up doing the same thing, no matter how much they promise they wont. (Whether you like it or not). Promises become empty because most women just cant help themselves. I dont know, those are just my thoughts. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong becuase I'm no expert on the matter, becuase i am young and in-experienced. I just think it will screw with your head big time, when you should be concentrating on more important things in the Marine Corps.

Last edited by thedrifter; 01-15-09 at 05:00 PM.

You honestly shouldn't have a problem if you built your relationshp on a Emotional basis not a Physical one. Is she really love's you she can wait for you, I know how you feel I hae to go to NSCC BUD/S over the summer(it's not MCRDPI but it is hard) and I will be leaving her but I am not worried because we built our relationship on a emoional basis the most physical we have gotten is kissing. When you grow old and you aren't attracted to her body wil you be attracted to who she is?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    If I had a nickel...

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    “Celibacy is the worst form of self-abuse.”

So basically.. you have been told the following:

A.) Focus on the Marine Corps. It will take precedence over your girl.
    B.) Be prepared for her to be unfaithful. It happens a lot.

Don't worry, you should have no problem once you become a Marine in the girl arena. They just love them Dress Blues. Haha.

Thread Information