Nervous? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by samfreed7 View Post
    Im excited for all that too?..
    And it doesnt help that a majority of my good friends are Marines.. so i get to hear all of there stories.. But then the thing that has been bothering me is that most of them are unhappy now that they are out in the fleet and my best friend nick try and talk me out of it.... I really dont wanna listen to all of there issues.. I think it is what you make of it.. am I right?

I WOULD THINK SO, EVERYONE IS DIFFERANT.

Sam, I have the situation. My best friend was a Corpsman, and said all the infantry he worked with hated their lives. I've talked to a few people in the Infantry and some say good, some say bad. I'm hoping it is just because of their attitudes. And that it is different for everyone.

If anyone has good tips on how they stay moto through the nervous times/times of doubt, I'd love to hear it.

I ship in about 10 days, and I'm a little nervous. To be honest I'm more anxious than nervous. Those two feelings might switch places because if you ask me - the best thing to add to being nervous is the wait.

I'm more nervous about being dropped into PCP or MRP. I was able to run 3 miles in November, but obtained a sprain, which set me back (off my feet) for 2.5 months. Now come January, I just started again and can only run 1.8 miles (after two weeks, started at 1.5) at ~16-17minutes. Not good....

Hopefully I can get it up before I ship. It sure is depressing though.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I think it is what you make of it.. am I right?
    The Marine Corps is no different than your life at home or on the block.

You can excel in the Marine Corps or in school or job and go as far as you can go with what you have or be stagnant and do nothing and biatch because how unfair life is and how bad you are mistreated.

The Marine Corps is big on motivation....however before you can be a motivated Marine because of some written text, story or someone else's actions.......

You must do a 360 degree soul search and reach down and bring that motivation of your own out of your inner depths and feed it hourly and daily as needed.

Motivation comes from within!

PT,study,go to your functions and don't dwell on the what ifs.....do only what is necessary...

You haven't made it to TD 1 yet.....relying on your friends sea stories to find out how YOU will excel in the Marine Corps or the fleet is not a good answer......YOU must take your own path and don't listen to what the friends say.

Every Marines experience is different....

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    awsome advice/ words of wisdom^^^
    another thing that i wonder if other poolee's are dealing with is getting a job. I have been on three interviews since november. When they called to say that i did not get the job, i polietly ask why, they reply because I'll be leaving in five months and their looking for a longer commitment. Well i understand there reasons, but my current job is very low on hours therefore i am getting behind in my bills ( carpayment,insurance, phone bill)
    Any advice...

Whatever reason you had when you first signed on that line, just keep reminding yourself of that reason. Thats what I do.

Also since I DEPed and 7 job apps later...still no luck on a job. So I decided to make my job a full time student and prepare the best I can for bootcamp.

I leave in 9 days and umm, I'm starting to get a little nervous. Lol.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    haha.. well its true i do live on a farm!
    I understand. I grew up on a farm, too..

recruiter comes to my house to pick me up..and having to see my mom cry wont make it any easier
    I had to go to my Recruiter(he could never find my house)

My mom just said, "see ya" and went back to bed. Brother and Sister didnt even wake up to say goodbye It was no surprise to anyone when I enlisted. My entire family pretty much figured thats what I was born to do. So there was no going away party or anything, not even from friends..

Sam, you'll do fine. It's only as hard as you make it. You're young.

If school is your concern, well I feel ya on that. I left college to enlist.

This is a personaly choice, but as long as you know that school is important, I'm sure you'll find a path that leads you to a degree as well as your EGA.

Everyone gets nervous about their decision. If a decision doesnt warrant being nervous, then it wasnt much of a decision.

Last edited by SureShot12; 01-17-09 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Addition

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ^^wow.. no going away party? See im looking forward to that because ill be able to see friends and family whom i havent seen in years and most likely wont see for a very long time..To be honest school isnt on my top list at all.. meaning college, i know eventually ill go. Im in the opposite situation.. No one expected me to do something like this. My grandpa who was in the Marine Corps told me when i told him that i had enlisted "there gonna eat you alive, but I have faith you'll make it"..A very proud moment on my part

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ^^wow.. no going away party? See im looking forward to that because ill be able to see friends and family whom i havent seen in years and most likely wont see for a very long time..To be honest school isnt on my top list at all.. meaning college, i know eventually ill go. Im in the opposite situation.. No one expected me to do something like this. My grandpa who was in the Marine Corps told me when i told him that i had enlisted "there gonna eat you alive, but I have faith you'll make it"..A very proud moment on my part
    Nope, no going away party.

Like I said, it wasnt a shock to anyone when I enlisted, it was expected.

The night before I shipped out- I went to a friends house. A few of us just hung out as usual, just a normal night.

Seeing family is good..

Just make sure you've got an education plan...Work hard now, play hard later.

Thread Information