M.O.S Information request! Please give your knowledge!
Create Post

M.O.S Information request! Please give your knowledge!

Just to give a little bit about why I have asked;

I was shooting for 03xx myself but I keep running into complications with it. At first it took about a month to lock me in for my ship date of 20092001 but now they tell me I was never locked in and am going to have to take a look at other options or get pushed out again( Oh well things happen no ruff feelings towards the gunny or my recruiter ). When I first heard this I was a bit set back, but then at our Poolee function today we were given the pleasure of talking to some Poolee's I was with who are now graduated Marines. So I started thinking not getting 03xx is not the end of the world and maybe I really should take a look at some other stuff. Problem is the job name and very little information is just to vague. All I would like to do is become a Marine and if that means choosing something else other then being selfish and only wanting my first choice I may just go with that. So anything you could offer me on your knowledge of different M.O.S's would be GREATLY appreciated.

Basically I am requesting ANY information you Marines may have on all the wonderful M.O.S opportunities within the Corps.

Please Please Please give your knowledge on everything you know! From your current M.O.S to your past M.O.S's or even M.O.S's you just happen to know about.

I meet with my Gunny monday to discuss what we are going to do and I would like to have gathered a good amount of information about different M.O.S's so that if need be I can choose one in order to lock it in and keep my original ship date of 20092001 to start my journey of becoming a Marine!

I realize my Gunny will give me information on these different M.O.S's aswell but he may not be able to give me information about some M.O.S's that one of you on the forumn may be able to.

Thank you for your time and I GREATLY appreciate any information you may share here.

* This post is also to serve to other Poolee's having trouble deciding what they would like to pick aswell *

This question is too general.

The question is ment to be general Sergeant. Im requesting any information one can give on any MOS they know about in the Corps being they have been in that MOS or just have basic knowledge about it.

Im not asking about a particular one in general, but more just information on all MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by 03xxPoolee View Post
    The question is ment to be general Sergeant. Im requesting any information one can give on any MOS they know about in the Corps being they have been in that MOS or just have basic knowledge about it.

Im not asking about a particular one in general, but more just information on all MOS.
    Do you REALLY wanna read about what it's like being in admin?.........I didn't think so......

No disrespect Sir but I do. Although it may sound pretty well described by its name Admin there could be some details about the life and job of an Admin that I dont know and could be relative to maybe myself or another Poolee in his search for the MOS they are interested in.

But as you are Marines your comments do not even merit a response by me. I do realize what you have said I should just take in and move on so I do apologize for my earlier rebuttal and this current explanation of myself.

Maybe I should re post the question like this...

My father was a Vietnam Vet serving 2 tours as Special forces in the Army. He then passed when I was 9 from a heart attack. For some reason my entire life I have always been interested in what he experienced during his tours and now that military has become a realistic option for me I find myself drawn to the Infantry or 03xx division of the Corps.

I am a very competitive individual ( which I understand is a common trait in Marines ) and have always played sports. Ive always been into the physical side of life.

So i suppose my question should better be stated as follows...

I am interested in 03xx division but have had problems with locking it in for my current boot date of 20092001. So i have been asked to either push out 2 weeks ( not so bad but still arent sure if they can get it locked in ) or pick something else I may be interested in. Do you current Marines have any advice for me or maybe information on other Combat related MOS in the Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by 03xxPoolee View Post
    No disrespect Sir but I do. Although it may sound pretty well described by its name Admin there could be some details about the life and job of an Admin that I dont know and could be relative to maybe myself or another Poolee in his search for the MOS they are interested in.

But as you are Marines your comments do not even merit a response by me. I do realize what you have said I should just take in and move on so I do apologize for my earlier rebuttal and this current explanation of myself.

Maybe I should re post the question like this...

My father was a Vietnam Vet serving 2 tours as Special forces in the Army. He then passed when I was 9 from a heart attack. For some reason my entire life I have always been interested in what he experienced during his tours and now that military has become a realistic option for me I find myself drawn to the Infantry or 03xx division of the Corps.

I am a very competitive individual ( which I understand is a common trait in Marines ) and have always played sports. Ive always been into the physical side of life.

So i suppose my question should better be stated as follows...

I am interested in 03xx division but have had problems with locking it in for my current boot date of 20092001. So i have been asked to either push out 2 weeks ( not so bad but still arent sure if they can get it locked in ) or pick something else I may be interested in. Do you current Marines have any advice for me or maybe information on other Combat related MOS in the Corps?
    Well son, first of all God bless your father and everyone else who came before us and fought for our country, regardless of branch of service and other such trivial matters.

If you're honestly curious I could break it down for you or any other poolees. But I would strongly urge you to wait it out and stick with 03xx if that's what you're leaning towards. Being a Marine is great but even some Marines b*tch and moan about the jobs they have sometimes. This is something you have to do for the next four-plus years. There are a lot of great sites on the internet that break down every MOS and what it encompasses and such.

We could all tell you about all our MOSes, but just cause we liked (or didn't) what we did doesn't mean you will (or won't). You need to draw from what you enjoy doing now in your everyday life or what you would enjoy doing in your everyday life.

I understand Sir. I just figured maybe ill try to get some general knowledge from everyone and see if something sparks my interest other then infantry. But I do agree with you I definitely should probably just wait it out and hope on monday that the Gunny either tells me a UH spot has opened and Ive got it or that he can lock me in for early February. Man it would have been cool to go in on inauguration day and graduate on my birthday though. * With no set backs of course *

Credits
    Savings
    I know that you are asking about the MOS that we served in, but if you use this link you can get decriptors for virtually any MOS that the Corps offers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rine_Corps_MOS

Now, having said that, If 03xx is what you truly desire, then you might have to adapt and change your ship date. (As you have said you are willing to do.) Best of luck to you.

wow, I was gonna say the same thin RB.... yut!

besides... hasn't this been covered before?

do a search for your topics before you create them next time.

there have been many before you, and some probably got their answers... well answered.

YAMM YAS

To learn about Recon, Infantry, or how to become a Marine Corps scout sniper, visit www.becomeamarine.com here I wrote a bunch of articles you might find helpful on MOS stuff. Infantry is a great MOS, but like any job it has it's ups and downs. There's a lot of bull**** to go along with being a grunt and sometimes people have trouble overlooking the bull ****, and just simply hate their life as a grunt and in the USMC. So don't just go 03xx to shoot the bad guys, make sure it's what you actually want to do so that you aren't like the guys who absolutely hate being 03

yfp - Notice the date of this original post "2009"....

Most likely this poolee has come and gone in the Marines..

Information and advice is fine and always welcome, but refrain from spamming and promoting your own individual website without proper authorization, this is now the 2nd time I've addressed this concern with you...

Take note...

Thread Information