Pranking in Boot Camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pranking in Boot Camp

My goal in Boot Camp is to complete it and bust my ***. Plain and simple, don't misunderstand me. I'm 22, and I feel more mature than to go to fists with one of my peers, especially at Boot Camp. This means, if I do happen to run into the situation where we've got a dumb ass in our platoon, if I can find an opportunity, I'd like to teach him a good old fashioned lesson about getting wise among the recruits.

Now, this might be frowned upon by you guys, but I simply want to hear any pranks you've witnissed during Boot Camp, any ideas, and what your thoughts are if someone dared attempt a prank on another recruit..

I'd like to be prepared to avoid going to blows with an immature recruit with an attitude problem. I think a prank is a mature way of getting his attention, understanding that the DIs will tear me a new one if I'm caught. Keep them harmless (for the most part) and I will not damage property of any kind.

Last edited by thedrifter; 01-09-09 at 06:12 AM.

I think you better settle down and concentrate on your own performance in boot camp. It will not be your job to deal with attitude problems. "Pranking" is not one of our leadership traits.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2 View Post
    I think you better settle down and concentrate on your own performance in boot camp. It will not be your job to deal with attitude problems. "Pranking" is not one of our leadership traits.
    I understand, and part of me felt it wasn't appropriate to ask this. Regardless, I'm curious if it's ever happened among any of your experiences, and would like to know what happened - at the very least, for entertainment purposes.

In 1964 bootcamp we niver did have time to do any "pranking".

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Pranks? There is no time really for such nonsense. You are immersed in a world when you are told when to get a sip of water.

Thanks for the info guys. This is why I asked this question, to get a better grasp of what to expect. I'd like to pull the, "Hey, I'm a poolee" card while I can.

Theres was ****load of pranking going on in my platoon.Too bad the joke was on us recruits.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldonado 2060 View Post
    Theres was ****load of pranking going on in my platoon.Too bad the joke was on us recruits.
    Exactly!

Recruit on Recruit pranking? That idea goes out the window the instant the Drill Instructor steps onto your bus.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Become the House Mouse and put a clear trash bag over the shiatter in the DI's hooch...or put toothpaste in their socks...always good for a laugh!

You'll be lucky if you remember your name when trying to fill out forms in receiving. Keep up the "Billy the Bad Ass" attitude, the DI's will love your ass.

Poolees sure do ask the stupidest questions. Marine Corps boot camp isn't a faternity, you ain't on your own program. The Drill Instructors are preparing you for war, there's no room for giggling and slapping each others @sses with towels. Seriously, its about leadership and maturity- you need to be focused on surviving the challenges and earning the title United States Marine. If you expected different, than you joined the wrong organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 0313 View Post
    You'll be lucky if you remember your name when trying to fill out forms in receiving. Keep up the "Billy the Bad Ass" attitude, the DI's will love your ass.
    You misunderstood me if you think I'm trying to be a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Poolees sure do ask the stupidest questions. Marine Corps boot camp isn't a faternity, you ain't on your own program. The Drill Instructors are preparing you for war, there's no room for giggling and slapping each others @sses with towels. Seriously, its about leadership and maturity- you need to be focused on surviving the challenges and earning the title United States Marine. If you expected different, than you joined the wrong organization.
    I was waiting for this response. Legitmate question, you don't have to like it, but to those who put me in my place by letting me know what to expect, it's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOCO View Post
    I was waiting for this response. Legitmate question, you don't have to like it, but to those who put me in my place by letting me know what to expect, it's appreciated.
    Well I'm sure we're all glad you got what you came for. How in the hell is this a legitimate question?! "Pranking in Boot Camp?" What the foxtrot do pranks have to do with boot camp? Dude, you better go back to the drawing board and think about what's really important to know before you ship out. The Marines are here for YOU, but we do reserve the right to stick a boot up your six if we feel you're needing it. Check that additute! You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sitting in a hot classroom right after noon chow indian style. An officer is giving a class on the history of the Marine Corps and a few recruits doze off. The instructor rather than shouting an order for everyone to stand up pantomines for everyone to quietly rise and stand at attention. The recruits that missed that little hand and arm signal and the ones to their right and left get to take a trip outside for a little wake up call. Now that's a prank

Thread Information