Platoons
Create Post

Thread: Platoons

Platoons

Marines,

I've been in the DEP for a few months now and I've had most of my questions answered by this site, which I greatly appreciate. I do have a question though; From what I understand you can be recycled into another platoon for failing your firing and swim qual, but are there any other specific instances where you can be recyled for failing to do something correctly or to the standard?

Why on Gods green earth would you be worrying about being recycled? That shows a lack of confidence. Think possitive.

I'm not so much worried about it, just being cautious. I have no intention of being recycled or failing for that matter, just watching out for any possibility.

Just do everything to the T as you are instructed, leaving no question whether you should be recycled or not.

As long as you put out to the maximum, then you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the advice, but my question was referring to any other qualifications or "tests" we have to complete aside from firing and swimming.

It's possible, There is a practical application test you take near the end of boot but most recruits are given a second try if they fail that. I'm not sure if anyone has ever been dropped because of it.

You also have two 3 different inspections, your most prominant one's being the last two. One before Crucible and one after, I've heard of recruits getting dropped for not knowing they're knowledge and just making a complete ass of themselves but that might be more hearsay than anything.

I've heard of recruits getting dropped on the crucible but it's very rare.

Most other drops are usually related to sickness or injury. I recommend eating oranges at every chow from day one until the day you leave the depot to stay healthy. Trust me on this. Pneumonia (or however it is spelled) is really bad at boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DLinder View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but my question was referring to any other qualifications or "tests" we have to complete aside from firing and swimming.
    The thing that's most likely to get you recycled is a crap attitude and no motivation. After that comes not following orders which really goes hand in hand with your attitude.

Passing swim qual, the rifle range, MCMAP or your practical exams is dependent upon have a positive, moto attitude and following instructions to the letter, how and when you are given them.

That willful obedience is all you have to worry about once you've got the right attitude. The things partially out of your control are sickness and injury. The right attitude and following orders will get you through those two things as well.

While i agree with the others to not even think about it....

You get MANY opportunities to not fail before getting recycled. Psst, they may say don't pass and you get dropped but on most things they give you a second chance. On the range, "Team Week" will be used to requal the UNQs (Unqualified) that failed to do what they should of done during the other weeks at the range. Swim quals you have a whole week and its really not that hard unless you just plain can't swim.

The easiest way to get recycled is to refuse training or get deathly ill. Oh yeah and if you fail the final PFT, don't even think about a second chance just pack your stuff.

DLinder...... you want to be a Marine? Then go to Boot Camp ...work your ass off ...do what you are told, when you are told and stop worrying about it........and DO NOT EVER DROP your RIFLE and you will do fine..... if you are Marine material.
    Semper Fi....... Good Luck

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hvmech View Post
    DO NOT EVER DROP your RIFLE
    You can get ELS for dropping your rifle?

I am sorry.... maybe I'm missing something or don't understand the new ways....
    I enlisted in the Marine Corps almost 45 yrs ago...... I had no plans for an MOS, my only thought was to be a Marine....to do whatever the Corps wanted and go where they sent me.....
    I'm kinda new to this site and you poolees have BLOWN my mind with all your worrying about...What should I do to make a good impression when I get to Boot Camp ... What should I do before I go to Boot camp... How should I act once I'm there......... What MOS is the Best....
    Blah...Blah...Blah....
    All you need to do is Sign the papers...go to Boot Camp .....show your Drill Instructors that you are the RIGHT STUFF...... and Mother Green will put you where she feels she needs you to be....... you only concern should be .... Can I make the grade to become a United States Marine..........................................
    1st and foremost.... That is All!!

Thread Information