I Need Some Devil Dogs Back In My Life!!
Create Post

I Need Some Devil Dogs Back In My Life!!

EARS! devil dogs,

I just started college and I tried to find other Marines on campus but that's like trying to please a drill instructor, it just ain't happening. Naturally I'm gonna improvise, adapt, and overcome by starting my own dang organization for Marines at my school. I'd like to know if anybody else has an organization like this on their campus or if some national organization exists and maybe I can get a chapter of it at my school. Thanks for listening and now you can go back to doing whatever it is you devil dogs were doing.

Try the ROTC unit if they have one they might know of more Marines there

I have class with a couple of those dudes and I see them marching and believe me when I tell you, none of those boys are Marines. You think if I go to the VA office they can give me the names of some Marines that go to school there?

One thing I would suggest is to talk to the local recruiter to see if they know of any Marine Corps League detachments in the area.

Will do Corporal

I attend a community college in the suburban Chicago area, and believe me, I've spotted quite a few Marines just by their look, walk and talk. I've also thought about starting something similar to that, a former Marines club. But the Clubs and Organizations committee said I'd have to make it like a Veterans Club or something cause just Marines would be too exclusive, like just having a Mexican Club instead of a Latino Club.
    Well, just like I don't have much in common with Puerto Ricans and Cubans except for the fact that our ancestors were all raped by the Spaniards, I don't feel I have much in common with the former sailors, airmen and soldeirs except that we all served. So I didn't follow through with it.

If you have a naval ROTC, there should be a Semper Fi society, and should be ran by either a MECEP Marine or the MOI or AMOI. if not most colleges allow and recognize a semper fi society, if yours is without, get with student programming and make it happen. Put up flyers in the union, or whatever you call the thing where they have community food, and activity drives, and wait.

Talking Veterans Organizations

Yeah look into some Veteran Organizations, and what not. Plus maybe starting a Marine Organization there on Campus would be a good idea. Bring some of the other Marines out of the wood work. You know how it goes, give Marines a sniff, and they come out of everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG0369 View Post
    If you have a naval ROTC, there should be a Semper Fi society, and should be ran by either a MECEP Marine or the MOI or AMOI. if not most colleges allow and recognize a semper fi society, if yours is without, get with student programming and make it happen. Put up flyers in the union, or whatever you call the thing where they have community food, and activity drives, and wait.

echo3... if you are going to co-sign what someone says, then don't re-word it.

the LT obviously knows what's up... go about asking him for more info if needed.

Thread Information