Looking For Marines - Page 63
Create Post
Page 63 of 121 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshaw
    been there, done that, but didn't get the t-shirt
    Hoshaw did you do a recruiting tour? 1987 school date?

Marines forever

Marines forever

Does a person really know what a Marine is? Is a Marine a man or women, caught up in the moment, or is he or she truly part of some thing amazing. For me it was both of them, the love of who I was, and whom I have became. When I got out of school and went into some thing that I was not passion enough about so I gave it up and came home. One night Paul said, let us go into the Army that was the best thing I have heard in a long time. However, one thing I tried to pass the test could not, so Paul and I study with flash card for math, and I still did not get it. He did not have any more time so he had to go on with out me. I still did not give up I keep taking the test, and one day I past it. That was the dream come true, just one thing they had me take it a few day to early so it was not any good. If you think I gave, up there you my friends are wrong, that there was the starting point of my life. Every time I miss the test I had to wait six months to re take it, this time I was not going to miss the test again. I took night classes so I can learn more try to get this time, but in my mind I was bad at taking test and I did not want to take that chance again. What should a small farm boy do, well let me tell you, I had a friend of my go to the town next to my and take the test for me. Yes he pasted with flying colors for Army, so he call them up and told that he changed his mind and he will past for know. Therefore, in a few days went by, I went to the Marine Corp Recruiter and told him that I have past the test in the next town over. To me I did nothing wrong because I have past the test all ready, so is it wrong did I make I big mistake, no way it was the starting point of my hole life. See when I went through boot camp, the love for the Corp came fast to how we stood together as one, at that time and at that second you new you are a part of some thing special. At that time, I was a Marine and a label I will have for the rest of my life, and I love it. I have run faster and did more push up then anyone, but I just could not get the drill down. That is all right, I had every one behind helping me in that part and I help the person that could not do their pull ups at night. By the third month, we all were hot and non-stoppable in every thing we did. Boot camp was over and time to go home for a couple of day, then get back for school, they picked your school by score and I got to be an amtrxer first platoon fox company. Life is great, but was it? We was drinking night and day at the enlisted club, beers was only one dollar how can you past that up. Well as luck would have it I got into some frights, even got my jaw broken at turkey day. Months went by and still drinking and going out, I had a friend, Privet North. We went out all the time, one night we were pulled over, for DUI and the police officer took him in and said I can go but as a friend can I just leave him there, no way so I ask if I can go to jail with him. Some weeks went by and we started to go out again this time he asked me if I wanted to go home for the night and drunk as I was, I went. He drop me off at my house the next morning, so at that time I was a wall so scared to go back I stayed home and started drinking more. I was so glad to be caught so I could go back, so the men from the Marine Corp MP came, pick me up, and flew me back to the base. It was so nice to be back but one thing I had to do is tell them that it was wrong and I should paid for what I did. I have to talk to my lawyer and he told me that every thing was going to be all right; well he was right I got 183 days in the bridge with hard labor and conduct discharge from the Corp that I love so much. How could this be happing to me, well I did it to my self with no help from no else just me. Do you think I could put some of the blame on the way I was raised? No, it could have been when I got shoot in the chest, kick in the head by horse. Alternatively, Able to drink at such a young age, like five, or be sexily abused at young boy or the frights with my brothers, gloves off with each other to practice for boxing. On the other hand, was it the razor strap by my Dad when we did some thing wrong? Do you know I can put all these things together and say it was that, or go see some one about it and have them say it was that? Stop the train we live in the real world and life is what you make of it, good or bad. Life is what you make of it and I choice not to take the way most people would because of who I am today. My dad and mom might not been the best parents kids could have, but they are all I have, so am going to take all I can and run with it if that is all right with you. You might say what this has to do with being a Marine, well every thing; Marines come from all type of life and all different type of people. That is truly, what a Marine is made out of, and a real Marine will help any one that need it and all way say yes sir or yes maim. Little things make a Marine stand out even if he does not want to. The love of his or her country, God and there family, and the Corp, is what make them stand out. There is one fall back in the Marines and it is that you cannot write enough letters or talk to enough people to give you a chance to show them that you still a man of your word. I have been trying to get in to National Guard here In Boise Idaho but what I have on my when I got discharge keeps me out of every thing. Therefore, I right more letters and make more calls to every one even the President, whom did not have enough time to read my letter but his secretary did and sent me a nice letter back saying think but we are not taking any former Military right now but think you. To me they had not even sent me any thing back because clearly they did not even read my letter. See that is what is wrong with are country today we well help people in other country and help the people that get out of prison give them every thing they need to make it. Like are president who gave Patty Hurst cilice and she help rob a bank. Some one like me cannot even get someone to see them, talk to them, or even take off the charges off from my record so I can get in to Military or become a cop some thing that my family can be proud of me. I know they are still proud of me because of what I have accomplish in these 17 years, like one of the most beautiful wife’s a man can ask for. I have run my own trucking company, moved people stuff all over the USA, and gone for months. When I got home she was still there for me, we had a hard time having kids so we went to a fertilely doctor for help, but we did what we had to do to have kids. I even went back to school in Criminal Justice just to find out that my past will out allow me to get into any thing that means some thing to me, and to top it off I got off the road and sold my truck and was going to stay home and work here moving lumber. Well let me tell you it was going great until some lumber fell on me, and put a hole in my leg and crushed my neck. Therefore, I had to stop going to school, and I had to have surgery to fix the bone in my neck, so that is keeping me out of work. I do not want any thing from any one just what I have paid in, and I cannot even do that. Because I do not know how to work the system, I try to keep my head up and take it like a man. Can most men put up with this much with out losing it? That is where the Marine in me comes in handy. If people want to know what I did so bad in my past well I can tell you, yes it was all me and know one else to blame but me. Well I have some resisting arrest, and having a knife in my pocket that they called a switch blade knife and all it was is a old timers knife witch was to big to have in my pocket. For the resisting arrest it sound like I did some thing very bad, in since I told them I don’t want to get in to the car, that my friends is resisting arrest, and that is what is keeping out of the Idaho State Police. I took there test and past it with flying colors but the resisting arrest is keeping out of there department because it will look bad on them if they hirer some one like me. To me my past is what made me who I’ am today a good husband and Dad. If that makes me, a bad person so be it, I know that in my heart I will all way be a Marine love God and my family. To help people in this life is to me what God put me here for. Today is a new day, and I will start it as I have for a long time, one day, and one moment at a time, do not fill sorry for me, because life is hard and you do have to fright for every thing you believe in. do we not have to put our foot down to make wave in life In general? To me putting my foot down is the best part in life, because I think life is always throwing a curve at ,just to see if you are on your toes, come on give it a chance so you can see it, just wait it will come, what would you do hide or fight like hell. To me fighting is the way to go, because in other county that is all they see in their life every day . their homes blown up, very little food or water, not because it is not there because it is. Right in front of them, the man how where all the gold all over is, then just waves at the people in his fancies car, wine, and all the food his family can eat. I have all way through we do help other country to much and all so see what is the big and real problem there it is the leader. So they send people like the Marines, to help the needy, but the real target should be the leaders, then and only then will the hunger stop. If a person can that a Marine is not just a killing machine, but a person with a heart to. We as Marines come from all over the USA in the attempted to help people like us in all colors, the fight is hard but we can win thin if and only if we stand together as one as we did in one day. I hope you can remember that day because I can, I can remember the day I got to boot camp, ever day and ever night. To have the Marine Corp treat me in a way I would of never through they would do that to me. I still know I am a Marine top to bottom, and up and down. I would go in if they ask me in a second or any other part to. One thing I hope that is the Corp got think that I am to old for them, or my young past is too much for them. I just wish that day I went to Main side to the hospital, and ask the pastor there what should do about my drinking too much; he just told me that day is to suck it up not in them actual words but close, then he sent me back. Nevertheless, you know there are only one person that could help that and me am I and the big person. Therefore, off I went back to the drinking and fighting what a life, I sure wish some was rich enough, and that had some pull could or just let tell my side of what happen that one night. I love the Corp and I hated to let them down, I think a person that keeps writing like I do and calling and e-mailing should get a chance to tell my side to any one and everyone of what we are fighting for, and just hope they remember the past and all that we went through. To me that is a true Marine that can fight and fight more at the age 42 that is not bad, and I will keep sending letters to every one and e-mail to so do think I will give up the fight because I AM A MARINE TRUEFULL AND HONNEST AND WILL NOT STOP UNTIL I DIE OR GET TO SPEEK ON MY BEHALF! That Sir is a true Marine that wont stop a nothing.

Randy Anderson Semper Fi

I was a marine for four years and forced out at reup time for military cutbacks in 1993 after that I joined the army and believe me I miss being in the Corps everyday I have to deal with these Idiots in the army with lack of discipline and self respect for themselves. But in my heart I am still a Marine.

OO-RAH Sarge!

I have THAT statement on the back of one of my Marine Corps T-Shirts that I recently bought at Sgt. Grits in Oklahoma City... http://grunt.com

Semper Fi! I'll fly er' high!

Yut Yut Oorah Semper Fi

redbucket6rf

I still have an "H" harness (deuce gear) in a bottom drawer ready to go to
    any clime and place on land, in the air and on the seas. All I need is a call to tell me when and where. Doesn,t matter why. If its the Marine Corps its right!!!

Semper Fi Death Before Dishonor :

782 gear is all packed.. ready to head out a 0 dark 30.
    No details needed-- you point; I'll shoot.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper
    LOOKING FOR MARINES WHO HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THE TRUE MEANING OF BEING A UNITED STATES MARINE.

LOOKING FOR MARINES WHO WILL GO THE WHOLE NINE YARDS TO HELP THEIR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

LOOKING FOR MARINES WHO REMEMBER THE TRUE MEANING OF SEMPER FI.

I KNOW YOU MARINES ARE OUT THERE, STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.

The Grim Reaper has Spoken.
    The original post starting this roll call on 08-05-02, 06:56 PM

Fresh off the Island and Ready to Roll!! OORAH!

Im ready, meet me in front of my house...we are the last chance to save our country from tyranny. Lets Roll Marines, its up to us, present and former dawgs to save our country and constitution.

semper fi

Last edited by yellowwing; 09-18-07 at 03:37 AM.

Who ordered this C-4 pack and Bangalore Torepedo? Engineers up! 1371/5825.

Credits
    Savings
    When I first found Leatherneck.com, this thread was one of the first I viewed, and it inspired me to stick around.

There is no finer organization in the world the the United States Marine Corps!

Semper Fi Marines!

Oo-rahhhh!!

Everyone else stand down, I got it......."Whur am I goin and what am I killin?"

SSgt G.M. Atkins, 1975-1984

Thread Information