Looking For Marines - Page 119
Create Post
Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1805
    rahhhh! Right here and forever.

you called for me sir... Im here!

Looking for anyone that may have served with my father. His name was Don (Donald) Bohannon. I have a group photo with this info, US Marine Corp R company 2nd BN 2nd Infantry Training Regiment Camp Pendleton 2 Nov, 1960. He passed away in 1984. He was such a wonderful kind man and I miss him everyday. Would love to find someone that may have known him.

looking for any Marine from B co 1st Bn 6th Marines 2nd Marine Div from 1972 to 1974

Last edited by Rocky C; 09-23-13 at 05:30 PM.

Three generation family. Looking for my grad book 1961. Looking for my Dad's 1942(?). Also, the one Marine who really helped me when family never showed up for grad was SSGT HDI Rushing. Tried to get back into shape while inactive reserve after Honorable discharge but no on knew how to help fix broken backs four places at the waist. I'd still sign up again if I could even though I'm 69. Loss of 1961 books is like someone erased us from memories. PI 2nd MARDIV, FMF, 3rd bn plt 339 of 336 series. about Sept 1961. Grad. Only Boot without family there.

Last edited by Thearle; 08-25-13 at 11:09 PM. Reason: outfit identified.

Hello Thearle, I fully understand your physical situation I also had back surgery fusion of L 3 & 4 & 4 &5 5 yrs ago, I also started with Parkinsons 3 yrs ago on all kinds of Medication, and recently ruptured my left knee tendon had surgery 1 week ago using a walker and office chair to get around until I start physical therapy in about a week. I am 67 yrs old and this Sept. marks 50 yrs ago I started boot camp MCRD San Diego , Calf. platoon 375. I also understand your feelings on lost of Boot Camp Grad Book. Check the internet for a location to obtain a replacement Marine Corp , San Diego Calf, I do not recall full name if I can find it I will send to you. Semper Fi buddy Never EVER GIVE UP, Fight on THATS THE MARINE CORPS WAY.OH RAH

I don't give up. If I can't do it the old way, I'll find a new way. Sometimes you get lucky and find the adaptation was better than the old way. I'm Native American. Just give me a blanket, ammo and my old M1 and I'm ready to go, even at 69.

Good morning Thearle, thanks for your reply you mentioned you are Native American what area are you from? My best friend and blood brother was Native American Chris Vaughn from Oklahoma, last time I saw him was 1966 at camp Geiger,N C. he was shipped to Viet Nam,and I was transferred to Marine Barracks ,Iceland I have tried to locate him no luck yet he is from Cherokee Nation. I do things like you if one way does'nt work try another. I still am looking for address at MCRD San Diego to obtain old Grad books from boot camp. I believe what you said a blanket,M1,ammo and you are good to go I am with you my friend Semper Fi have a good day and I will talk to you soon Cpl. M Hamann

Hello Thearle, I received this information from Eagle46 as to where you may locate Graduation Year Book from boot camp. Hers is there web site www.platoonphoto.com/ the dotted area is year and dashes
    are platoon number, they have a link to Parris Island also and they may have photos of your Father from WW2 they had a notation for 1940's. Good luck and keep in touch. Marv

Last edited by Marine1955; 08-28-13 at 01:55 PM. Reason: link fix

Thomas A Goodwin Age 91 USMC WWII Vetran Pacific Canpaign

My Uncle Tom Goodwin, served in the Marines WWII in the Pacific campaign. He is now a young 91 years old. Living near Portland, Oregon not far from his oldest daughter Marsha. Click image for larger version

Name:	Thomas A Goodwin Age 91.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	25854

Thanks, Marv. Got it and I'll go to it As for Native American, it's potpouri. My Dad's Mom was full blood Siksika (Blackfoot), his blood father full blood Nakoa (Blackfeet; my Mom's mother was French Canadian Mohawk and her dad was english. I am National Chairman of the Met'is (mixed blood) Nation of the South. All my relatives were from Alberta Canada and Quebec. Right now I live in Nashua, NH but was originally from MA in the Springfield area. This news on the place to look is great. I'm hoping I can get a copy of my Honorable Discharge Certificate. We are three generation Marines. Dad was WW II, I was Cuban Missile Crisis until I broke my back in four places and was planning to get my GED for I had qualified for OCS. I couldn't rebuild my back in that inactive reserve time so I couldn't pass the physical to do so. I couldn't carry any weight on my shoulders so all my dreams went down the commode. I'll stay in touch and let you know how I did. I am known as Wolf among my people The name is Amorak, "Spirit of the Wolf"

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding !!!

Semper Fi Tom.

Hey, Marsha: My Dad died from war wound complications and TB he picked up at Guadalcanal in 1959. I was 15. I certainly got lost for a long time for I was his caretaker. I had no childhood so the wild streak and being on my own took over. But I learned a lot from him and my instinct as Native American. He was 34 when he passed. Looking for my grad book. Continuing the hunt. May you always have Peace within...... Thearle

Hey, Tom: When Dad first got out we lived in Pawtucket on Prospect Hill. He was a radio announcer at WPAW and did a live talent show and had his own little band that did the REAL country songs. They called him Tex and the talent show was called "Leave It To Youth." Eventually, the TB stopped all work and he wound up bed ridden. We became real close. I had dreamed of wear his dress blues but my mother threw away everything that was his. She wasn't a very nice person. I have to laugh because when we'd walk to church, Dad and I, you could count cadence. Must have looked funnier than heck--his long legs, my stubby. It was quite a work out. Got so I could walk faster than most could run. Semper Fi. You guys don't know what it means to be part of this for a guy like me whose totem is the Lone Wolf. Peace within.......Thearle

I count myself amongst this nation's finest. I'm in.

Thread Information