Looking For Marines - Page 76
Create Post
Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1805

Col. J. C. Rappe

Quote Originally Posted by Don Peterson View Post
    I served on board the USS Proteus (AS19) in 1960-62, at Holy Loch, Scotland. I was a Navy second class petty officer, and the ship's Legal Yeoman. My Superior Officer was Captain, (at the time), 'J' 'C' Rappe, USMC, who was the Legal Officer. I may have been the only 'swabbie' that had that distinction at the time. He was also in command of a detachment of enlisted marine personnel that were responsible for the security of the Polaris missiles, and the brig, that we maintained aboard. Now that I'm retired, and my life has slowed down, I've recently taken an interest in locating and communicating with my old shipmates. The ones I've been able to contact have no knowledge about 'J' 'C's whereabouts. If any can help me reach him, it would be appreciated greatly. Thank you! And, Semper Fi!

Don Peterson
    Col. J. C. Rappe (Ret) is my father. I've let him know of your posting and will be sending a more detailed reply directly to you by email.

Hey Chuck I served with Alpha Co. 1st Platoon, 1st Batt. 4th Marines, 3rd Mar. Divi. got there in 11-67 during Operation Kentucky. Stayed at some of the finest bunkers in Quang Tri Prov., Operation Kentucky, 11-67 to 12-67, C-2, 12-67 to 03-68, Con Thien, 03-68 to 05-68, Camp Carrol 05-68 to 06-68, Khe Sanh Valley, Operation Scotland II Hill 515 LZ Torch less than 2 clicks from Laotion Boarder, WIA 06-68. Then back to CONUS. via Japan Camp Drake 249 General Hospital for some treatment then back to the real world.

As for the leaders of N. Vietnam, they openly admitted on a program I saw on the History Channel that if we would have invaded N. Vietnam the war would have been over, they didn't have the man power nor the resourses to take that type of battle on. All there troops were in S. Vietnam. They just couldn't understand why we held back, well you & I know why, the Butt Wipes in DC wouldn't let us, they were to concerned with getting reelected & didn't want to up set the apple cart & **** they're long haired Ass Bite voters off, cowards to the end, save your own Ass & screw the Warriors.

Well at least when I look in the mirror in the morning while I am shaveing I see a Marine who did his duty with out question, not some weak ass Nancy who didn't have the guts to back the troops & lives off the blood of those who provided him the very freedom to do so. Last but not least, I have one question maybe you can answer for me, if Draft Dodgers have reunions what do they talk about?

Semper Fi & Welcome Home

PS, Get two tickets to Hanoi, I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CBS View Post
    I have some old business in Hanoi to finish up...then Phu Bai,
    Quang Tri and of course, Con Thien. Anyone willing to go back
    and re-write the current History books that state that 'We lost' ?
    By the way, please feel free to reference General Giaps' latest
    book on the Vietnam War.

SEMPER FI................>Chuck "C" 1/9
    lost hell they wouldnot let us do the job the rightway'

Quote Originally Posted by CBS View Post
    I have some old business in Hanoi to finish up...then Phu Bai,
    Quang Tri and of course, Con Thien. Anyone willing to go back
    and re-write the current History books that state that 'We lost' ?
    By the way, please feel free to reference General Giaps' latest
    book on the Vietnam War.

SEMPER FI................>Chuck "C" 1/9
    lost hell thea------o would let us do the job the rightway and let us burn form the south to the north allthe way to the chine border

I lost my eye sight there can a brother show me the way to to the Rockpile Recon 1/3 70-71

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Damm, MudMarine,,,,That one made me a little bleary,,,again.

"Well at least when I look in the mirror in the morning while I am shaveing I see a Marine who did his duty with out question, not some weak ass Nancy who didn't have the guts to back the troops & lives off the blood of those who provided him the very freedom to do so. Last but not least, I have one question maybe you can answer for me, if Draft Dodgers have reunions what do they talk about?"

its not a reunion Its a circle jark an the Politicians are the pevit man they let them back in to our Country plus I don't think you can talk with your mouth full.
    A Sparkie thank you for your sacrifice and service to our Country Semper-fi brother.
    Is that your kid? God Bless him.

2131 on deck and awaiting orders!

Hey Hermogenesm

Hey hermogenesm, grab your 782 gear & get ready to lock & load & saddle up, a one eyed Marine beats the hell out of any 100, no make that 200 Grabasstic Civies with their Docker & Double Latie & heaven forbid if they mess up their dew.

Welcom Home, that was one bad Ass A.O.P., you & I most certain chewed some of the sam dirt, maybe at different times but I still have some of that red clay dirt stuck in my 6.

Welcome Brother & Semper Fi

I'm An Old Marine, But Still 'gung Ho'!!
    Semper Fi !!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lee, You are so welcome,,,,,,, You start, I will follow.

When do we leave and where are we going.

FYI: I move a little slower now, but am willing to take down whatever you have for me.

I will need an extra sea bag for my celebrex and lisinipril, but I still have my us rifle cal 30 mi, I only need a few bandoliers of ammo, I will be there , I will volunteer to be a road guard as we move out
    " the older we get the better we were"

w.l. collins usmc

Thread Information