How to Deal with Nasty Civilians?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Puzzling eh? Peers tend to keep you in-line and drag you back if you slip or slack, if they're around. The entities you speak of are neither peers nor guardians to be relied upon and may very well enjoy seeing you regress into the sub species that is them.

I've lived amongst not so many fatty's, but the hippy lib tye dye breed for a few years now and my advice to any displaced individual is don't get cozy around these passive complacents as atrophy is the inevitable bi-product. Never ever "mother up" to the female of these hominids e.g. an unwashed Birkenstock/vegan/lib lifestyle is a very real danger and could accelerate double time if the sex is satisfying or legally fettered.

You'll never totaly fit in with the scuzz mob without volunteering to demote your character and endanger your soul.

And don't kill them, find a happy medium and keep an open mind yet stick to your hard earned standards no matter whats in style or who's in office. Acknowledge those who try hard to improve, they may pan out some day.

--->Dave
    Hes absolutly right. I found my self with some hippies after a deployment and what a spiral.Thank god I found this site its so great to be nit picky and on your game. When you see the nasties and you want to flush that toilet of humanity just take a deep breath and think of big d cup boobies

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg View Post
    Somehow, I get the idea that Enigmatic is an elitist
    Couldn't you say that about most Marine NCOs, SGT?

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." -- Marcus Aurelius

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Shhhhhhhhh

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im not a marine yet, but i have the highest respect for every Marine and i can relate to what you guys are saying about the fat bodies its simply mind bogling how anyone can wolf down so much food and never PT and think its perfectly ok, its like they have no drive, no self respect in a way. or it could just be the fact that im brought up in a hardcore military family that wont except dull and unfit individuals. best of luck adapting to the civilian world Marine. im dying to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Couldn't you say that about every MARINE, period?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    I got out the Corps in September '07 and started college in January of last year and had the same problem at first. You know what the best remedy is? Get over it! You're there to learn and better yourself, not to judge everyone based on their appearance.

What did you expect? To see them marching to each class or staying in step with each other? For them to all have a high and tight and be in 1st class PFT shape? For them to yell out at the top of their lungs "Gang way, Junior Year!" as they march to the "chow hall"? They're civilians. We live in their world now. Get used to it. Just don't ever fall into their ways and you're good to go.

We went through a process of indoctrination in boot camp that they never went through. We've done and seen things at an early age that they could never possibly fathom. We've had the espirit de corps instilled in us. They don't even know what the hell that means. It's not their fault they're so ignorant.

This last semester I really let my guard down and you know what happened? I made some pretty cool friends. Sure, the best friend I had in school was a former Marine Sgt, but I also had a buddy who was extremely overweight and was the funniest dude I ever met in my life. I met a stoner who dressed like a freak and who couldn't remember the most basic of test questions but knew everything there was to know about firearms. I met this fat chick who never got a B in her life and was always willing to help me out or even study with me. I could go on....

I guess you could say I'm saying "if you can't beat them, join them" but that would be inaccurate. We're Marines. We could beat anything. Or anyone . I'm just saying as Marines we also learned about tolerance, tactfullness and bearing. Show them yours. Semper Fi.
    I've been out since 1977 I could write a book of all the trash that is out there,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zramey View Post
    I just have started to college and everyday that I walk across campus I see at least 10 people who absolutely disgust me with the way they dress or with the lack of attention they give their bodies. I know that I have to keep my bearing but how do I deal with seeing so many disgusting fat bodies every day?

just leave them alone.... pretend they will eat you if you get too close, and your main priority is self preservation.

that and you fight/fought for them to choose to be like that... honor your own commitment by ignoring their disposition.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Keep your eyes on the eye candy. Plenty of it walking around campus for you to not even notice that guy wearing his hat sideways and a ring in his lip. There are enough pretty girls walking around campus that your eyeballs should remain on their behinds at all times.

Doughnut boy with a masters degree in computer science going for his doctorate probably won't give you a second glance. They are not impressed by you either.

so did you get with the fat girl?

I have Oki vision in my left eye and it is starting to become present in the right one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    Couldn't you say that about every MARINE, period?
    Touche! We are the cream of the crop

Quote Originally Posted by 1topher View Post
    so did you get with the fat girl?

I have Oki vision in my left eye and it is starting to become present in the right one as well.

what? OKI vision? translation "large/big" vision???? what the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    what? OKI vision? translation "large/big" vision???? what the hell are you talking about?
    Now that's a signature!

get to work there PFC! make it happen

For every ailment under the sun. There is a remedy, or there is none; If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it.

W.W. Bartley

Thread Information