MCB Quantico
Create Post

Thread: MCB Quantico

MCB Quantico

Hello Marines and poolees, I was at the Marine Corps Base in Quantico, VA a couple of months ago and I have a question. Are TBS and OCS on two different sides of the base? I remember we went through one entrance to find a chow hall but we were on the wrong side so we had to turn around and go to the other side.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    OCS is Officer Candidate School... it is located on mainside Quantico.

Back in the 70's mainside also housed the MEDEC Marine Corps Education and Development.

TBS is The Basic School located at Camp Upshur.....where 2nd Lts train in infantry tactics. They are all separate enities....but fall under the same leadership.....a lot of things happen at Quantico that are connected to Washington,DC.

The FBI academy is also at Quantico.

And the last I knew there were two entrances to the base....mainside and Camp Upshur.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I was stationed at Quantico the TBS side of the base was wide open no gates. I'm guessing that has changed. Quantico is split down the middle by I-95. There are 2 gates to mainside. One gate in triangle and the back gate out by the PX. I would presume if gates were erected on the TBS, FBI WTBN side there would be 3. I don't know as the last time I was there was 11 years ago. There would be a gate on the Stafford side which would lead straight to TBS and IOC. There would be a gate off the I-95 entrance. There would be a gate from the woodbridge entrance leading straight to camp upshur where the reservists are located. Just speculation and I wonder what it looks like out there post 9/11. It was also possible to drive directly to the game check station from Hwy 1. I wonder if that road was just plain blocked off. Yes OCS is on the side east of 95 and TBS is on the side west of 95.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The Sgt is correct and remembers more than I do.

When you left the back gate from mainside it was one long road to TBS and if I remember it veered off at a "Y" and left went to TBS and right went to the FBI academy and out by the lake and camping/park area.

Long time ago CRS is starting to take hold!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    TBS is at Camp Barrett, not Camp Upshur.

Thread Information