January 12th Bootcamp
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

January 12th Bootcamp

Who is leaving the 12 whats your name and where are you from, whats your mos.
    I'll start it off.

Stanley Graczyk
    St.Charles Missouri
    MCRD SD
    Combat Support

James Shaw
    Graham, NC
    MCRD PI
    Avionics

Good deal man you nervous or excited or just good to go? what do you think your biggest challenge will be.

mine will be keeping a straight face. well at first I imagine they will fix that pretty quick

Slightly nervous, very excited. Not sure what my biggest challenge will be. I'll figure it out once I get there.

Dustin calahan
    MCRD PI
    MOS - 0300
    I laugh too much, they are gonna fvck me up for it...besides that I AM GOOD TO GO!!!

Tom Geoco
    Phoenix, AZ
    MCRD SD
    Communications

I'll be the older dude with scars on his chest and a retarded nautical star tattoo on the back of my shoulder (a mark of my younger days)

Ill keep an eye out for you tom ill be the younger guy i graduated high school early so i think ill be a younger recruit

Chris Phillips
    Davis, CA
    MCRD SD
    Logistics (I hope)

I probably won't stick out lol. My ship out date may change so... not 100% but i believe i'll have it for the 12th! If so... see you Poolees on the yellow foot prints

-Chris

Garrett John Carnes
    Mooresville, NC
    MCRD PI
    03xx

Id say the toughest part at first will be being homesick, away from the family and girlfriend. And then the serious face thing. Ive been able to find humor in almost every situation ive encountered this far in life...I have a feeling that will change shortly. haha

Garrett, we will all do fine When you have a DI in your face you will change your attitude pretty quickly if their reputation holds true. GL when you get there if i don't show

Alaura Hackett
    Denton, TX
    MCRDPI
    band

Quote Originally Posted by Dartena View Post
    Garrett, we will all do fine When you have a DI in your face you will change your attitude pretty quickly if their reputation holds true. GL when you get there if i don't show
    I can attest to that. I had the "privilege" of a PI (I think) DI come to my school one day, and well...it was "fun." He was all nice and friendly, no one knew who he was, but then we all got into a room and omg the shouting started. He talked SO FAST you can't even understand him. Needless to say, we were in JROTC, so everyone shut up except one person, which was a bad mistake.

That was an interesting time, and only lasted for about 20 minutes. I'm sure your attitude will change, very quickly.

Daniel Stromberg
    Santa Maria, Ca
    MCRD SD
    Motor Transportation

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ryan Reynolds
    Alexandria, VA
    MCRDSanDiego
    03xx Infantry

Not much to say other than the next chapter starts real soon.

Last edited by rmreynolds; 01-06-09 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Further Detail

Adam Lauver
    Richmond VA
    MCRDPI
    Comm field - 0600

Ill be the somewhat old guy. 22.
    Just got moved from the 26th of this month to the 12th, so I will the only guy who doesn't know hardly any knowledge. Biggest fear? Ahh probably shots. I f'n hate em.

Ryan you will be going to the hotel and Fort Lee the following morning right? Probably run into you.

Thread Information