M.O.S. help?
Create Post

Thread: M.O.S. help?

M.O.S. help?

I am deciding on an mos. its between infantry or combat camera.
    Its a hard decision for me, because i want a job I am going to love .
    I like photography, it is something that has always interested me
    but i have natural leadership that i think would be best suited for
    infantry. I have also been thinking about, if i don't like the one i choose
    which one would it be easier to re class to?
    Combat camera would be a job with a lot of travel, but infantry has the reputation, travel, and adventure. Right now I am leaning toward infantry
    but I would appreciated the advice of those that have been there?

Join the infantry and pack your camera with you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LMAO!! Sorry sweetie - I just love all of you with your natural leadership instincts/traits/abilities at such a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    LMAO!! Sorry sweetie - I just love all of you with your natural leadership instincts/traits/abilities at such a young age.
    I was born with lots of stuff. Fingers, eyes, hands and such. That leadership stuff usually don't get issued till after you have some experience.

Speaking of experience....

Credits
    Savings
    Joker,

Combat Camera Marines are Marines first. Your inate leadership abilities will be developed and utilised in any MOS you choose. In the meantime, see if you can keep Private Pyle out of the jelly-doughnuts.

C

The Marines are right. If you want to lead Marines, you have to be an experienced Marine. Some of the Marine in here are mocking you because they find it cute that a civilian thinks he can lead Marines. The Marines know what type of leaders they follow- those who are raised within the ranks, have the experience/knowledge, and possess the closest thing to the 14 leadership traits. In the Marines, you have to earn your position as a leader.

None of us can tell you which way you should go, you need to figure that out on your own. You have to figure out what you want more: to fight or to take pictures. Keep in mind that you can also lat move (switch mos's) in the fleet if you decided the one you chose is not for you.

If you want the Corps as a career...... go infantry. If you plan on getting out and having a skill to offer an employer..... go with the camera. The Mafia may not be hiring...... S/F

Thank you to everyone. sorry about the leadership thing.
    Thanks to your help and the many others Ive consulted I'll
    be choosing infantry tomorrow.

once again many thanks for your help!

kimchee

As a retired mustang it was my experience that leadership is a strange quality. I knew Cpls and 2nd Lts that had great leadership qualities with very little experience. I also knew senior NCOs and officers who lacked the qualities entirely. Don't appologize for thinking that you have leadership qualities.

Thread Information