Read And Heed.........
Create Post

Cool Read And Heed.........

A must read for poolee's and Future Marines.........Article posted in Open Squad Bay..............Thread addy below.......

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...&threadid=7641

The Drifter

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    To show you how much in synch WE Marines are:

I read the above referenced post in the Open Squad Bay. I lifted, begged, borrowed, or stole excerpts "I" felt were most important to make a point, to post in the Poolee Forum and suggest a visit to the Open Squad Bay posting of "Basis of Warrior Ethos:.

Here they are:
    -------------
    " Each Marine draws strength from his Corps. In return, the strength and legacy of the Marine Corps lie in the collective will of each individual Marine. The Corps glories in a tradition of service and sacrifice. In their unique Corps, grown men speak openly of their brotherly love for fellow Marines whom they have never met. They share a bond, a love, a dedication and loyalty that no earthly circumstance can shatter. It is their Corps, their elite Brotherhood of Marines!

Each Marine is an integral part of his Corps. He is the Corps. Marines and their Corps are inseparable, they are one.

commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment (to excellence) never dies.

The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine. They are the foundation of his Corps. These three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made U.S. Marines the Warrior Elite."
    ------------------

The point I wanted to make was: Whatever your reasons for becoming a poolee or a wannabee, THESE are the benefits and the responsibilities that are part of the entire package.

Unlike a Chinese restaurant, you do not get to choose one from Column A, two from Column, and one from Column C, when you place your order.

There are a variety of reasons why you Poolees and wannabees visit the Poolee Forums at leatherneck.com. WE, veteran and active duty Marines, post in the Poolee Forums out of an obligation and responsibility to our Corps, to demonstrate who and what our Corps is, to hold a hand out, to give a hand up.

What WE try to do here, particularly us vets (since this is the only venue open to most of us) is to continue to fulfill our obligation, and demonstrate our love for our Corps, and to help prepare another generation of Marines to carry the traditions we hold so dear.

Poolees and wannabees THINK they understand. Just because they've read a book "How to Ride a Bicycle" doesn't make them a bicycle rider.

But a time WILL come, in boot camp, on duty, on liberty, or in combat, where the words WE have posted here are truly understood and appreciated.

Then it is your turn, and your obligation, to pass the word.

It isn't easy to be a Marine, but then again, perfection never is.

We pay a price to earn the title, and spend a lifetime living up to it.

To the Poolees and wannabees, I wish you well.

To my Brothers, Semper Fi.

Thread Information