How much do i have to eat to lose 46 pounds in 3 months?
Create Post

How much do i have to eat to lose 46 pounds in 3 months?

I know its kind of pushy and naive to lose that amount of weight in 3 months, but i only got 8 months before i ship, and i know that nothing can prepare me for Boot Camp, physically or mentally, but i want to be ahead of the other guy. Anyway, what do i need to eat to efficiently 46 pounds in 3 months? One more thing, when i run, i get extreme knee pains, and i definitely don't want to injure myself before Boot Camp. God no...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBot91291 View Post
    I know its kind of pushy and naive to lose that amount of weight in 3 months, but i only got 8 months before i ship, and i know that nothing can prepare me for Boot Camp, physically or mentally, but i want to be ahead of the other guy. Anyway, what do i need to eat to efficiently 46 pounds in 3 months? One more thing, when i run, i get extreme knee pains, and i definitely don't want to injure myself before Boot Camp. God no...
    You think your knees enjoy 46 extra pounds of crap to lug around. What are you eating now and what's your PT like? Any medical conditions and why aren't you banging out some pushups instead of being on here. It's just past midnight and I finished my evening PT an hour and a half ago.

Prior injuries, broken bones, level of activity until now? What about your recruiter? Is he working you over and PTing the crap out of you with his RAP Marines and super-moto-ninja poolees?

Oh, btw, losing that much real weight in 3 months is a great way to get sent to the hospital.

Keep your replies short and simple.

My PT consists of walking 7 miles per day, 40 push-ups, 10 reps of 25 of crunches and 3 pull-ups (working on that, i assure you) and yes my Recruiter is PT'ing the living Hell out of me. And my diet consists of Slim-Fast meal replacements, cereals, and loads of apples. But, aside from that, i just want to know what i need to eat to lose significant amounts of weight, thats all. (getting off and doing push-ups right now) What about your PT, sir?

If you have a place to swim, do so. It's a great cardio workout and is easy on the joints even though you're over weight. Do ALOT more pullups, even if you can only do one at a time, do it over and over and over. Search around on the forums and you will find quite a few threads about loosing weight and pt.

Go to a doctor and get a HEALTHY weight-loss or if that doesn't work join wrestling and say you want to wrestle a LOW weight trust me, they can make the pounds fall off if you stick with it. There is a kid on my team who gains about 9 pounds a night and loses it the next day not hard if your commited i can assure you.

For loosing weight look into the Cor plan at weigh watchers. I lost 50 pounds in 6 months. The first 3-4 months I dropped 40 pounds going on 3 mile walkes after dinner and doing a 21 min Tae bo work out. Just a little note Months 3 and 4 were nov and Dec. I did eat thanks giving dinner and christmas dinner. I was also never hungry and ate very well.

You can cut your normal caloric intake by 500, which will result in an additional 1-lb loss per week. Just do CARDIO! CARDIO! CARDIO! Work on the pull-ups every time you get the chance.

Cut out the cereal. Graze on fruit all day. Have a hearty breakfast and have multiple meals all day; 5-6 is ideal. Like I said, graze on fruit all day. That's the way the Romans did it. You should be eating or drinking fruits and veggies all friggen day long.

If the fruit or veggie has an edible peel then eat that too, especially true with the apples; the skin of an apple can scrape the crap out of your colon, literally.

The meal replacement should be once-a-day. You want as much real, home-made food as possible. That's what you'll get at boot (unless they changed that, MRE's not included) and the more healthy, wholesome food you eat the better off you'll be.

Your PT session should be made into several PT sessions. If you want to do pull ups; get a stool, mount the bar, put your feet on the stool and crank out a bunch. Do this several times a day; preferrably everytime you pass the kitchen hatch or something like that.

Same with pushups and crunches; choose a spot, every time you pass it, perform x number of pushups, crunches or the exercise of your choice. You should PT often and as fresh as possible. If you can't knock off 30 at a clip then knock off less than that multiples times throughout the day.

If your knees hurt when you run then don't run until you cut weight. When you cut weight your knees should be better. For now strengthen them with calisthenics and walking. You know, squats and lunges along with multiple walks where the only point is to walk for a set amount of a time at a good pace. I walk the dog twice a day for 30 minutes bare minimum. No iPod, no music, no none of that crap.

When you're ready to run, sprint. It's easier on the knees and prepares them for the pounding of a hump with a full load. You run a lot in Boot; like everywhere, all the time at maximum speed.

It's good to have one major PT session of at least 30 minutes a day. Make sure you're getting your eight hours of sleep and have an off day where you just stretch or do some light PT. Don't go hard everyday until you've cut weight and you can say you know what you're doing.

Hitting the weights now won't hurt as long as you're sensible. Building muscle cuts fat and water weight when done the right way. Look up Escalating Density Training for tips on how to build functional muscle quickly without plateauing. PM me if you can't find anything.

Like I said; if what you said is all you're doing then you're not doing enough. Doing more and spreading it out throughout the day is better than just trying to blast yourself over the course of an hour once a day.

FS19 was right on the money. Find water, swim in water, repeat. It's low impact, can be as hard as you want and builds the lungs and diaphragm (often overlooked muscles) as well as working nearly every muscle in the body. If your walks aren't hard enough, walk on sand; then sprint on sand; then run on sand; then do some mountain climbers; then do some squat thrusts.

3 months is more than enough time to get a solid, all-around PT base and drop 30 pounds without having to go to the ER. Even 30 pounds is pushing it severely.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Cut out the cereal. Graze on fruit all day. Have a hearty breakfast and have multiple meals all day; 5-6 is ideal. Like I said, graze on fruit all day. That's the way the Romans did it. You should be eating or drinking fruits and veggies all friggen day long.

If the fruit or veggie has an edible peel then eat that too, especially true with the apples; the skin of an apple can scrape the crap out of your colon, literally.

The meal replacement should be once-a-day. You want as much real, home-made food as possible. That's what you'll get at boot (unless they changed that, MRE's not included) and the more healthy, wholesome food you eat the better off you'll be.

Your PT session should be made into several PT sessions. If you want to do pull ups; get a stool, mount the bar, put your feet on the stool and crank out a bunch. Do this several times a day; preferrably everytime you pass the kitchen hatch or something like that.

Same with pushups and crunches; choose a spot, every time you pass it, perform x number of pushups, crunches or the exercise of your choice. You should PT often and as fresh as possible. If you can't knock off 30 at a clip then knock off less than that multiples times throughout the day.

If your knees hurt when you run then don't run until you cut weight. When you cut weight your knees should be better. For now strengthen them with calisthenics and walking. You know, squats and lunges along with multiple walks where the only point is to walk for a set amount of a time at a good pace. I walk the dog twice a day for 30 minutes bare minimum. No iPod, no music, no none of that crap.

When you're ready to run, sprint. It's easier on the knees and prepares them for the pounding of a hump with a full load. You run a lot in Boot; like everywhere, all the time at maximum speed.

It's good to have one major PT session of at least 30 minutes a day. Make sure you're getting your eight hours of sleep and have an off day where you just stretch or do some light PT. Don't go hard everyday until you've cut weight and you can say you know what you're doing.

Hitting the weights now won't hurt as long as you're sensible. Building muscle cuts fat and water weight when done the right way. Look up Escalating Density Training for tips on how to build functional muscle quickly without plateauing. PM me if you can't find anything.

Like I said; if what you said is all you're doing then you're not doing enough. Doing more and spreading it out throughout the day is better than just trying to blast yourself over the course of an hour once a day.

FS19 was right on the money. Find water, swim in water, repeat. It's low impact, can be as hard as you want and builds the lungs and diaphragm (often overlooked muscles) as well as working nearly every muscle in the body. If your walks aren't hard enough, walk on sand; then sprint on sand; then run on sand; then do some mountain climbers; then do some squat thrusts.

3 months is more than enough time to get a solid, all-around PT base and drop 30 pounds without having to go to the ER. Even 30 pounds is pushing it severely.

Carry on.

Thank you very much, sir.

Thank you very much, sir.
    I'll be waiting for results in three months. Here's a great idea to depress and motivate you at the same time. Take pictures of your nastiness in nothing but shorts from the front, back, right and left flanks; do them standing and then flexing.

Watch the lighting and shadows mindf*ck you into PTing your azz off.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I'll be waiting for results in three months. Here's a great idea to depress and motivate you at the same time. Take pictures of your nastiness in nothing but shorts from the front, back, right and left flanks; do them standing and then flexing.

Watch the lighting and shadows mindf*ck you into PTing your azz off.

I just got a camera, but be warned, these pictures (Which i will post in a few minutes in a thread) might scar you for life...

I just got a camera, but be warned, these pictures (Which i will post in a few minutes in a thread) might scar you for life...
    Those are for your personal recollection as to how nasty you currently look. Were you to show them to me I'd have to ask you if I had done something wrong; like popped your mom in the no-no.

I posted myself on here, I was pretty nasty.
    I just hit 25 lbs gone if 4 weeks.

Feels good.

its possible to lose that amount of weight in 3 months. i lost 40 in boot. i dont think the food has much to do with it. i eat plenty while i was in. its all about your daily routine and PT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester3113 View Post
    its possible to lose that amount of weight in 3 months. i lost 40 in boot. i dont think the food has much to do with it. i eat plenty while i was in. its all about your daily routine and PT.
    It's possible, just not recommended. He's got time to lose that weight and become a PT stud. Also gives him less of a chance for injury if his knees are hurting.

I would love for the kid to PT multiple times everyday like you do in boot. Hell, he could do that, study knowledge and learn all that trash and he still wouldn't be prepared for boot.

Thread Information