son's deploying - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: son's deploying

Prayers Please

2/8 has suffered another loss of a brave Marine (it has been released on DOD).

Please remember them and all those fighting in your thoughts and prayers. It is a very sad day.

RIP brave Marines, you are gone, but never forgotten.

I wish your children the best of luck. I noticed you said your one son is in Comm. How's he liking it? Obviously I am in training to become a field radio operator and will be done September 9th. Were told well be deployed within 3 to 6 months most likely. Keep us updated for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    I wish your children the best of luck. I noticed you said your one son is in Comm. How's he liking it? Obviously I am in training to become a field radio operator and will be done September 9th. Were told well be deployed within 3 to 6 months most likely. Keep us updated for sure.
    Thank you. My youngest is a Field Radio Operator and was put with an Infantry Unit. He likes it, he has 12 hour shifts, today it is a 26 hour shift...which he is not to keen on....but he is very very busy. He went Advon when they deployed, and is currently doing a Sgt's job, and is a LCpl. They trust him, he works very hard and the SNCO's respect him. He is in H&S, so he loads code, has all the radios and takes them out when things are moving, he also makes sure they work and he has the stock to give them to the Companies....he also needs to travel to fix stuff outside the wire, and when he was at 29, they let him get his Humvee license, so he drives on his particular base to do certain tasks. I am sorry I can't say much about it...he is with 2/8, and they are movers and shakers at the moment and I wouldn't want to put any of them in any danger. I am sure once he is back, he would be happy to talk to you. He can't get on here where he is, and you might be gone before he gets home.

They are both good Marines and doing some pretty amazing stuff at the moment....I couldn't be more proud of them.

I wish you the very best, when you hit the Fleet.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    MarineMama,
    Thank you so much for your families sacrificies. You all will be in my prayers.

Good deal Mama!

Thank you both.

I am so very proud of 2/8, each and every one of them is working so very hard.

This link is to an ariticle that has been posted on NPR. Very motivating indeed, if you take the time to watch the short clip they put on, with the pictures.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...=1&f=103943429

From one Marine Mom to another you have my prayers, and Thank you for your sacrifice. I understand what it is to have 2 young men in the Corps at the same time.

Cyndy
    PMM Randy and Jerry

Thank you Cyndy! It is much appreciated.

It is pretty bad over there at the moment. I just keep praying for all the Marines in harms way.

RIP Brave 2/8 Marines! You are gone, but never forgotten.

Very sad weekend for 2/8.....Please everyone, keep them in your hearts and in your prayers.

Jacksonville Newspaper Article

Brothers reunite while deployed........

http://www.jdnews.com/news/marine-66...-brothers.html

I am so incredibly proud of my Marines!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    And Proud You Should Be!

Good Deal!!!!!!!

How goes it with your boys?

Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    How goes it with your boys?
    It is going well, thanks. Sorry it has taken so long to reply. My eldest is coming home very soon....Yay! I am so excited to see him. He has done amazing work over there, and thankfully is getting a NAM for it. Does a Mom's heart good!

My youngest son's Unit is taking a beating over there. His Unit has lost quite a few, and the time for them isn't up yet. Some are good buddies and some are brothers....all are hard. I am VERY proud that he has picked up Corporal over there! Woo Hoo! He was a 6 month LCpl, and being in Comm with a Grunt Unit, that was really good. Those cutting scores are so high for them all.

How are things with your son going?

No problem and thanks for the reply.

Ben is standing by to get underway - if not today, surely in the next couple of days. Last he knew they may have weapons issue today. Had his last anthrax shot on Friday and he mailed some extra stuff home.

We have joined with a local support group for military families and we have our first dinner meeting tonight at the Golden Corral. This is good because I do not know any of the other families at all.

Thread Information