son's deploying - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: son's deploying

Quote Originally Posted by marinemama View Post
    My youngest will be deploying soon and wanted me to fly to NC to see him off. He has given me a 4 day window on when he might leave. He is at Lejeune....Does anyone know any good hotels in the area that are fairly safe and not really expensive? I figure I will get a refundable ticket, just in case things change, and fly in the day before he could possibly leave. Any suggestions, tips or what to expect will be greatly appreciated.

The oldest is a bit easier, he is closer to home. I just hope it isn't the same four days...a mom's worst nightmare for sure!

Hope everyone has a great 2009! Happy New Year!
    This is terrible despite the faith I have in this camp... Marines adapt, overcome and will manuever no matter what. However, I have found marines wanting... They are always a needy group deservance of Justice in the south, but yet they are sour... It is only with the interet of my self that I offerr myself.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    WHAT??? Could you please translate that post. I'm a blonde, and need assistance with some of those big words!....DOC

Houston....I think we have an issue.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marinemama View Post
    One down, one to go...I am so proud and sad all at the same time. I will let you know when #2 is gone.

I just have to have faith that they know the training they have been given and use it each and every day. They are the best of the best, in my humble opinion, being Marines...this son, even as new as he is, was hand picked for this mission...outstanding!

FRO's are AMAZING! I am fortunate that on both sides of the country, I have two really good ones. Yeah!
    Mama, they'll do GREAT, and love the deployment. Godspeed to them and they'll be home before you know it!

"Hey, been there done that. Camp LeJeune is always good under my condition. Never had a discamplaint, never had a good one. You should take your son there and then see the sea around there... Seriously, my mother is like private inthis and ends up loving it..."

"This is terrible despite the faith I have in this camp... Marines adapt, overcome and will manuever no matter what. However, I have found marines wanting... They are always a needy group deservance of Justice in the south, but yet they are sour... It is only with the interet of my self that I offerr myself."

lthunder, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and thinking of my Marines.

Taking each day at a time since he left, but know he is with strong amazing Marines.....Thanks everyone for your wonderful support. Getting closer to the younger one leaving....going to have a wee visit with him in a couple of weeks...yeah! I can't wait to see NC. This trip will be a fun one, that one after that will be a bit more stressful...lol lol

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    WHAT??? Could you please translate that post. I'm a blonde, and need assistance with some of those big words!....DOC
    Been there? I'm just saying its a record stats.

All:

IThunder is quite llikely a despicable poser. Disregard anything written or stated.

To begin with, you have an incomplete profile. Until you complete same, you will get no further response (nor should you) from anyone on this site, effective now. And, until you explain yourself, fully, to a moderator, expect to hear black helicopters coming to extract your butt from this site and be eliminated from cluttering up our area.

Unless and until I hear otherwise, I will be posting this response after every single thing you put here as a warning to other Marines, Marine friends, and poolees. Suggest you unfrack yourself ASAP.

Well leprechaun, until the website gives Mr. Thunder a profile to fill out, we will never know will we? there is only -about me, which only has current state-home state-Gender-and contact info on it.------statistics and contact info.Thats about the only profile he has to fill out. Whole bunch isn't it?

Got an e-mail from the eldest last night. They are very very busy and he is working really hard. He said he is doing well though. He was able to use a Seebees account to send the message...they have e-mail access. Yeah! They don't get to it very often, because it is far, but we weren't expecting that type of communication for a couple of months...so woo hoo!

I am looking forward to my fun trip to NC next week! We were told it would be really short notice for them to leave and I don't want to miss the chance to hang with him. I can't wait to see him!

Great!!! Hope you had/have a good time!!!

Thanks Jason....I leave on Thursday!

Just for you.....lol

Beannachtái Lá Fhéile Pádraig

Back at ya for sure!

Hey Everyone! I am in NC! It is really pretty here...love the trees, the green and the very very cool Osprey's! Yeah! Jason, I stopped in that place...lol No pics, sorry. Met someone really nice in the parking lot, if you are on here, THANK YOU for being so sweet. I made it back to my hotel, it was nice of you to offer :o) My son is at work at the moment, so I am patiently waiting for his call, so I can go pick him up. Lovely base...I am in a great hotel and I appreciate all your help on here. I will be back here soon, I am sorry to say, to see him off.

Heard from my oldest last night, we talked on Facebook IM for about 15 minutes, it was amazing. They are all working very hard over there. He sounds good. Hope they all stay safe and come back home soon.

Sweeet! Good deal, and have a great time!

Good morning! Quick question for you all. I have found the pay charts for normal on a base Marines for each rank. I have been asked by the FRO to make sure my son's pay is correct...I am not sure where to find that info. He is deployed to a combat zone, A Lance Corporal, lives on base, single with no dependents. I see all the stuff for combat, but am unsure how to figure out what he would be getting...Any suggestions or help would be appreciated?

Thread Information