Heading to Parris Island June 23rd.
Create Post

Heading to Parris Island June 23rd.

Any other motivated future devil dogs heading to Parris Island on June 23rd? Love to hear from another poolee heading down there on that day.

Ya might do like I did....June 23rd on the site search engine. Seems to be a couple POOL-ees listed that meet yer criteria.

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Get ready for the sand fleas at PI. One bit me on the top portion of the ridge of my nose - right between my eyes one day while standing at attention during formation. Still have the scar. Those little sucker are killers. I wanted so bad to slap that thing off my face, but fear of the DI's and learning my military bearing was uppermost in my mind at that moment. Plus, I was just too exhausted by that point to gather up anymore strength to do anything else - other than that required.

My drill instructors use to say something along the lines of:

"leave that sand flea alone pirvate - they have to eat too."

semper fi,
    jchristin

Registered User Free Member Phil's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Summertime is the best time on Parris Island! Like Jchristin said the sand fleas, no wait, The Sand Fleas(capitalize Sand Fleas, they've earned a title too). There's also the HEAT. Whatever you weigh now take twenty pounds off that's how much weight you'll lose, AT LEAST that much. When your in the chow hall eat every thing on your tray, if you have time. Time is short in the chow halls so sit down and start shoveling, you need the calories. Also hydrate constantly. D.I.s are good at making sure you drink enough(as a matter of fact the D.I.s can make it into a game )but drink more! DRINK WATER, if you can get to it. hydrate, hydrate,hydrate. Oh yeah, before I go HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA have FUN on our Island!!!! Just kidding, good luck on Parris Island. If you can manage to remember what you're there for, as unbelievable as it sounds, you can have fun there. It's all in your attitude!

*leans to his buddy"psst, I told him he can have FUN there!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*

Thank you for the advice. I know no matter how bad it gets I will keep focused on my reason for being there.

Looks like you're already there ... wish I was here earlier so I coulda wished ya good luck.

... doesn't look like he needs it, though. He has it in 'im!

13 weeks (minus a day) and counting till he comes home.

Thread Information