For Sale/Trade - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: For Sale/Trade

Currently in need of a new Alpha Blouse, Male size 40L If anyone has one let me know and we may talk. I'd prefer someone be in the Jacksonville. NC area if possible.

new marine corps handbook

Quote Originally Posted by mgkusmc View Post
    Nick I might have some for ya, trouser wise and maybe some other odds and ends lemme look and if I do you can have them.

Also anyone looking for anything really specific lemme know I might be able to find it for you if I dont already have it.
    you wouldnt happen to be able to get a newer marine corps handbook,I save them and I need one from the 96 to 2003 yr area ,and I know they didnt update that much but somewheres in that time frame they was a update,thanks
    I will pay you or may have something to trade ,thanks and Semper Fi.
    Parris island summer of 85,
    PLT.3049

Credits
    Savings

Red Notebook

Still looking for the red notebook from July 1970 era that had all of our knowledge in it. We spent all of our idle time with our nose in these things.

Looking for 48R Dress Blues Blouse

Im getting married in May and my family has never seen me in my dress uniform. I would like to surprise them by getting married in them. If anybody has or knows anyone looking to sell or get rid of a 48R blouse please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by rufus1 View Post
    Still looking for the red notebook from July 1970 era that had all of our knowledge in it. We spent all of our idle time with our nose in these things.
    I'm still looking for mine!!!!
    Would give my left testy for it..

Quote Originally Posted by tybrooks86 View Post
    Im getting married in May and my family has never seen me in my dress uniform. I would like to surprise them by getting married in them. If anybody has or knows anyone looking to sell or get rid of a 48R blouse please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tyler

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USMC-Marines...item4cfe7830ba

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus1 View Post
    the "Little Red Monster" ?????
    they still print them and sell them i think all you have to do is search for right item= .................................................. .........................."Individual Combat Notebook"

it was published by ( Acme Printing,819 state st. SanDiego, California)

do an online search for "Individual Combat Notebook"

My Three Years in the Marine Corps

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Book for Sale: "My Three Years in the Marine Corps"

Describes my adventures as a Marine and a Marine Raider in the South Pacific during WW II.....through diary entries, letters home, and personal remembrances.

Invasions of Bougainville, Emirau, Guam, Okinawa, and Occupation of Japan.

Picture of Book on My Profile. Order autographed book from me...tell me how you want it autographed. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.oo (includes postage)

Ray Merrell
    827 Dixie
    Liberty, Mo. 64068
    Book Review:

All I can say!

This is an outstanding book and belongs on every Marine bookshelf, Ray combines his letters back home with his narrative and photographs to paint a vivid picture of his service in World War II. Ray has amazing recall of events, and his descriptions of combat are honest and straightforward. Unlike many wartime memoirs, Ray also tells of the story of him and his buddies between operations giving us a window into their world in camp and aboard ship.

There are so many campaign studies, coffee table books, web sites, books designed to profit off TV programs, uniform guides and so on. But every once in a while, a book comes along that just tells a story that needs to be told, "My Three Years in the Marine Corps" is that kind of book.

S/F, MF

Book Review by K.K., LCpl.

All I Can Say About Ray's Book is:

Gets right to the matter of things, it gives a perspective on the war and love between two people as well as their families. My 18 year old daughter read it the day I got it from Ray. It made a heck of an impression on her and she found out there are people just like us behind the lines so to speak. it should be required reading for kids, it gives a great insight, and has for myself. It was very enlightening. Thank you Ray.

Personal Remembrances book "My Three Years in the Marine Corps" WWII.
    Book is compiled from my diary entries, memories and letters written to my girlfriend from tents, mess halls, galleys, foxholes and behind trees, by candlelight, flashlight and lantern. Read about fellow MarinClick image for larger version

Name:	book.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	21680Click image for larger version

Name:	Back cover of My Three Years in the Marine Corps.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	21681es, family and friends Order from me: Ray Merrell, 827 Dixie, Liberty, Mo. 64068. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.00 (includes postage) a personal check, money order or cashiers check is okay.

Autographed books make nice gifts, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's day...or any day! Order from address above. See some of my WWII pictures in the Gallery.

Gung Ho,

Ray Merrell

Anyone know where to purchase a "Pleats" shirt? When I was in, they made shirts for the A and B uniforms. The plus to the "Pleats" shirts was that they were tapered a little so that they always looked neat.

I never could afford them when I was in the Corps. They weren't that expensive, but buying one would seriously cut into my beer, cigarettes and Carne Asada burritos funds.

I've wanted to buy a few for work these days in the office, but I don't know where they sell them.

Try Googling "Pleats" and you come up with about a billion hits of crap.

Book Review from Cpl R.K:
    "I just finished reading Ray Merrell's book: 'My Three Years in the Marine Corps'. This is a must have and must read book. Without revealing too much and giving away his story, it is a book that gives us younger Marines an insight of why Mr. Merrell's generation is known as "The Greatest Generation". While our Marines were battling the Japanese in the Pacific, their families were home backing the war effort. Still, there were problems with strained commitments and uncertainties. With the war dragging on as it did, many Marines found themselves growing restless and uncertain of their future after spending years away from their loved ones in a theater of war that was often violent and savage. In between the combat the Marines would train for the next beach invasion where a lot of anxiety would take place because of them not knowing what they would be up against and if this would be their final combat so that they could return home. While all this was on their minds, they worried also if their wives and girl friends would still be faithfull and waiting for their safe return after being away from them for years. This reminded me of my Vietnam tour of duty and helped me relate to Mr. Merrell's story. Oh, how those letters were so important from home when you're cut off from the homeland because of no telephones, internet, or even news from home via television. It's just you and your buddies and those all important letters from home. s/F
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Book for Sale: "My Three Years in the Marine Corps"

Describes my adventures as a Marine and a Marine Raider in the South Pacific during WW II.....through diary entries, letters home, and personal remembrances.

Invasions of Bougainville, Emirau, Guam, Okinawa, and Occupation of Japan.

Picture of Book on My Profile. Order autographed book from me...tell me how you want it autographed. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.oo (includes postage)

Ray Merrell
    827 Dixie
    Liberty, Mo. 64068

If you can't find an original, PM me. A noted Marine Corps historian and t.v. producer may have an exact replica.

S/F

Marine Owned and operated

www.blacktopmotocafe.com

If you ride a bike no mater what you ride ,you need to ride in safety just go to www.blacktopmotocafe.com and get the best gear at the lowest price from a real Marine who wants to help keep Marines riding in safely.. I know this man and he want to give any Marine the best equipment so they stay safe while riding the bike from the trail to the road you'll be safe...

Thread Information