For Sale/Trade - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: For Sale/Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    I have a 7-1/8 Kingform cap frame with vinyl cover

$40 plus shipping

I don't have the strap (it was damaged by my loving daughter when she was one)

the top is clean of marks

If this is still for sale. I am interested! I sent you an email. Thanks!

Dress Blues for Marine Corps Birthday 2011

Hi all I'm looking for a set of Dress Blues for this years Marine Corp Birthday. This will be my first Ball, thought it would be nice since it is also my wife's and I 10 year anniversary. Yea we got married on the Marine Corps birthday.

Anyway I'm looking for the following, I got out in 1969 from my tour in Vietnam was a Sgt (E-5). Served 1966-1969 3/3 Lima company as a Forward Aircontroller.

for the Jacket - 40-42R
    Pants - 33 (med lentgh)
    Cover - size 7

Been trying Ebay, lost a couple of bids already. Checked on a few websites but nothing so far. I did take down a phone number for Camp LeJeune that was listed on the forum. Going to call it next week.

Thanks for your help

Bob

Bob, keep us in the loop. Ebay really is your best overall bet. BUT I'll start looking as well.

Dress Blue Search

Yo Sarge!
    Thanks for the quick response. Having never worn or owned a set of blues, I'm really looking foward to dressing out at this year's Ball at the Marine Memorial Club in San Francisco. (I live near Yosimite and S.F. is where the wife and I get our city fix every once & awhile.) It's a big deal for her too because November 10th is also our anniversary. Yea, that was on purpose.
    Anyway, I am checking on E-bay(been outbid twice) and I plan on checking with my fellow Marines on the 3/3 Website mo ricky-tik. Thanks again.

Credits
    Savings
    I would like to have one of the little red notebooks from boot camp during the year 1970. You all know them the ones that the D.I. had your nose in every moment you were not doing something else. I put mine up for save keeping and I guess my wife thought it was trash and threw it out. It had all the subject materials in it and paper in the back to take notes.

Red Note Book

I don't have one but as soon as I saw your note it released a ton of memories. I remember having that sucker stuck three inches from my nose every spare minute at P.I. during my boot camp in the summer of '66. I almost forgot about that little jewel. Now I want one too!

I know what you are talking about, have one in the collection. Alas, it's the only one. Will keep an eye open for that as well.

Hey, if you go several posts up there is someone selling 2 Blues jackets...Check with him and see if they are still available.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes it is something that a little thing like the little red notebook that most people would not give a rats ass about is so dear in the hearts of so many and create such vivid memories.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus1 View Post
    I would like to have one of the little red notebooks from boot camp during the year 1970. You all know them the ones that the D.I. had your nose in every moment you were not doing something else. I put mine up for save keeping and I guess my wife thought it was trash and threw it out. It had all the subject materials in it and paper in the back to take notes.
    I bought one on ebay about a year ago. I think it sold for about $10, including shipping.

[quote=Sgt Leprechaun;600524]Just to clarify, are you looking for HBT's, or the OD green 'tuck in' style uniform?

Just wanted to note that the 13 star buttons were army issue. The USMC issue used a "doughnut" shaped button with "U.S. Marine Corps" on it. The two WWII USMC sage green HBT's patterns and the two WWII USMC HBT Camo patterns are being reproduced by a company out in California called "World War II Impressions". They have a website, if interested. All of these utility uniforms were designed to be worn with the blouse not tucked in to the trousers.

And here is the 1960's style uniform, OD green and similiar in some ways to what the Army was wearing at the time. Called several different names, including "Sateens":
    This is the OG-107 Cotton Sateens like I had when I went enlisted in 1969. I think the photo shows the third pattern. If the other Marine is looking for the earlier utes, often called "Gomer Pyles" they are hard to find and almost impossible to find in large or XL sizes, I have been looking for years. Try ebay.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks tracs1833 for the information and I will keep an eye on E-Bay. Wassuup you may want to watch also or I will let you know if any come around.

Thanks. I'll add it my search while I'm looking for a set of dress blues.

Book for Sale: "My Three Years in the Marine Corps"

Describes my adventures as a Marine and a Marine Raider in the South Pacific during WW II.....through diary entries, letters home, and personal remembrances.

Invasions of Bougainville, Emirau, Guam, Okinawa, and Occupation of Japan.

Picture of Book on My Profile. Order autographed book from me...tell me how you want it autographed. $15.00 each or 2 for $25.oo (includes postage)

Ray Merrell
    827 Dixie
    Liberty, Mo. 64068

Looking for dress blues uniform for an old marine buddy who isn't doing well and wants to be buried right, once a marine always a marine. Size 46R. graduated Parris Island 1955 He was one of the Marines in the same batallion as the marines who died in the swamp.
    Newell2919@roadrunner.com

Thread Information