Ask Away... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask Away...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester3113 View Post
    on the hike back from the crucible wearing only the dress black socks (pain)
    lol. I had regular boot socks on for the crucible and by the time i hit the parade deck my feet were so abused i had a hard time walking. I cannot imagine what dress socks would have done.

Poolees: If you take only one thing with you to boot camp... Take care of your feet! change your socks, use footpowder, buy comfy insoles, use antifungal cream... whatever; or you will have a very painful experience at the crucible and that pain will probably follow you to MCT.

There are some things poolees have to find out on there own. You guys remember what Boot was like. Im not saying anything about BWT or the Crucible. But i can still tell them about the late night blanket parties right? not that we had any...

What, No Saturday Nights At The Movies?

i kept lucielle clean as hell (my M16 A2 service rifle). i popped sticks harder and harder everytime i got the chance. and i didnt give up....all you need is to follow the three things of bootcamp, Speed, Intensity, And volume. do those and you'll have no problem there
    Nice Name, lucielle. What/who was your inspiration for that name?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Do they brainwash you in boot camp?

ok i have few questions for you:
    1st. how much did you pft score increase ( pull ups, crunches, run )
    2nd. how were your scribe and squad leaders chosen.
    3rd. how helpful would it be to know your general orders before you got there.
    4th. what was the hardest thing about boot camp.
    5th. how much free time did you have during the week.

nice list of questions mrod.

Smile Why Not

There are some things poolees have to find out on there own. You guys remember what Boot was like. Im not saying anything about BWT or the Crucible. But i can still tell them about the late night blanket parties right? not that we had any...
    Why not say anything about BWT, or Crucible. Hell this is stuff you can find on the internet anyway. Besides thats what we are here for, also you being right out of Boot, it would be welcome for these Poolees to get your advice on BWT(Basic Weapons Training), Crucible, Rifle Range, etc. Also I would refrain from talking about Blanket Parties, or that you participated. That is a NJP, or Court Martial Waiting to happen their young Devil Pup. Take a quick look below in case you forgot what the UCMJ is about.

Also here is a quick bit of info for everyone on hear, this is Article 128 of the UCMJ

ART. 128. ASSAULT
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who attempts or offers with unlawful force or violence to do bodily harm to another person, whether or not the attempt or offer is consummated, is guilty of assault and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who--
    • (1)commits an assault with a dangerous weapon or other means or force likely to produce death or grievous bodily harm; or
      (2) commits an assault and intentionally inflicts grievous bodily harm with or without a weapon; is guilty of aggravated assault and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

"Do they brainwash you in boot camp?"

NO

ok i have few questions for you:
    1st. how much did you pft score increase ( pull ups, crunches, run )
    2nd. how were your scribe and squad leaders chosen.
    3rd. how helpful would it be to know your general orders before you got there.
    4th. what was the hardest thing about boot camp.
    5th. how much free time did you have during the week.

1.my PFT increase by enough to graduate. i started running a 28:03, 45 crunches and 2 pullups to 24:10, 128 crunches , and 6 pullups.
    2.the guide didnt hold back from yelling at people and had a great PFT, the scribe was just somebody who thought they could write stuff and do things.
    3.its a great idea to learn them before you go, it helps you alot when they ask for them.
    4.the hardest thing was dealing with your platoon, there will be alot of idiots and people that really shouldnt be there.
    5.you get an hours square away time at night, i recommend doing just that "square away". clean your rifle. clean/pack your gear, study, learn as much as you can before they ask for it.

everytime somebody pulled my charging handle during squareaway time they all said it was so easy that they thought it was loose...so lucielle stuck..

and thank you echo, i never said there were blanket paties, just everyone asked about them because of the famous scene in full metal jacket.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shirty1 View Post
    Do they brainwash you in boot camp?

Yes. But 99% of Marines believe, especially after many years have passed, that boot camp was a positive mental experience in the long run. I think so. Sorry Jester, but we are "brainwashed."

Any learning program that ingrains conditioned responses is "brainwashing." A police academy, fire academy, a good firearms safety course, and many other examples exist.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Yes. But 99% of Marines believe, especially after many years have passed, that boot camp was a positive mental experience in the long run. I think so. Sorry Jester, but we are "brainwashed."

Any learning program that ingrains conditioned responses is "brainwashing." A police academy, fire academy, a good firearms safety course, and many other examples exist.

Could not have put any better myself..As far as blanket parties..We had a lot of those in the Army in and outside of boot camp, so I imagine some cycles in the Marines have them.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by shirty1 View Post
    Could not have put any better myself..As far as blanket parties..We had a lot of those in the Army in and outside of boot camp, so I imagine some cycles in the Marines have them.
    Lot of them in the army? I'm impressed.
    Been to Marine Boot? No!
    So you imagine things now? Seems like.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We had one blanket party in my boot camp platoon. I (as scribe) did not participate and neither did the guide, squad leaders, or king rat. Plausible deniability, I suppose one could call it. It never came to that.

The BP was fairly mild (so I heard) and had it's intended effect (so I also heard).

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Lot of them in the army? I'm impressed.
    Been to Marine Boot? No!
    So you imagine things now? Seems like.
    I said I imagine..never said it was a fact. Your right I've not been to Marine Boot camp..

Thread Information